I wish I could afford one but I'm stuck with a Magic Bullet too.
Ditto! I can't afford to even try a Vitamix. Though, the Magic Bullet holds pretty well for me!
Dr. Pink wrote:
I do have a magic bullet. But there are some things I don't like about it.
1. It doesn't hold much.
2. The power of the bullet more often then not gets the job done quick. But with certain foods it doesn't do a good job. I just made a shake with strawberries, kiwi and soymilk. Instead of coming out perfectly juicy like I wanted it came out with little seeds. Boo.
3. I don't like how the actual cup is upside down. Sometimes it leaks into the motor.
4. The rubber leak stopper is a little inconvenient for me. I don't like having to touch it with my bare hands otherwise I would know that once I do the germs from my hand will eventually get into my food. So I usually try and put it in there without my hands. Big hassle.
1. I can see your point, but it can hold a fair amount, and if needed I just dump my mix into a glass and add more to blend if I need more than one load.
2. Ditto on the power of it! I never tried seeded fruits with it, though. I'd imagine such small seeds wouldn't be a problem to me, though.
3. Mines doesn't leak into the motor. It once did, but only because I hadn't closed it tight enough. Other than that once, it's always stayed tightly closed until I'd open it.
4. Huh? Umm...maybe just wash your hands before fixing it? Heck, if you get germs from touching your food (to add your food into it), then why does it matter? Unless you put the food into it while avoiding touching the food. I don't worry so much about germs as long as I do my best to clean up well (my hands and the kitchen). I don't think germs are much of a problem for us, because our immune system learns when we're young to start building up against bad germs (and there's some germs that are good).
Above all, even though I can't compare it to a Vitamix, I can say I love it! It's cheaper, quicker (the name says all!), and easy to clean! I give it 2 thumbs up and 5 stars!