My food journal and random thoughts

It's Nov 1 so I am going to keep a log of my food log on here. I competed 3 weeks ago in my 2nd figure competition, placed 2nd in my class, the girl who placed 1st had no muscle definition, maybe IFBB is going more for the soft look now. We were also not allowed to flex and had to keep our arms close to the body more like a bikini model during quarter turns. Feedback from the judges was that I should consider body building instead of figure, so I am considering the possibility.

I'm still new to body building although not to a vegan lifestyle, I was more into yoga and wanted to be lean and small like my yoga instructors, until one day I realized that I had thighs twice the size of my yoga teacher (she is about the same height and weighs 20 lbs less) even when I was lean. I tried for years to get thinner legs but I kept get getting bigger, I have calves most men would be envious of. I realized that I will probably never get that long and lean look with my genetics so decided to embrace my genetics and get into body building.

I must be a mesomorph from my waist down and an ectomorph from the waist up. I have thick ankles but tiny wrists, my rib cage shows easily and sticks out yet I have thick legs. So I need to work on symmetry and build my upper body.

As far as my diet goes I am cutting down on soy (I've been reading so many claims bout soy linking to thyroid problems and breast cancer, and I have a family history of breast cancer so it's scarying me) and I am also eating more raw.

Stats: 4'9.5 ( 145 cm)

Today's weight: 96 lbs (43.5 kilos)

meal 1

oatmeal, ground flax, stevia and cinamon to taste

rice protein shake w/mango and ricemilk

meal 2

1 orange , 1 mango

soy yogurt

ground flax (I like putting the ground flax into the yogurt)

meal 3

raw wraps with romaine lettuce, hummus, alfalfa sprouts, spinach, basil, tomato, hemp seeds and sesame seeds)

meal 4

vegan burrito with black beans, brown rice, spinach

salad with mixed greens,carrots, beets, tomato, sprouts

meal 5

green protein smoothie

banana, spirulina, spinach, romaine lettuce, rice protein, cocoa powder, hempmilk

meal 6

"pudding" made with protein powder, peanut butter, 2 tbspn oats, ground flaxseeds and a splash of hempmilk

(mix all ingredients, add a small bit of water to desired consistancy)

I'm not feeling that hungry now because I'm not doing massive amounts of cardio like I was pre-comp, and I also had gotten used to lower calories. Sometimes I really have to push myself to eat 6 meals. I plan to increase slowly, adding more brown and wild rice, quinoa, sweet potato and a variety of fruits and veggies, nuts and legumes.

I've gotten hooked on the green smoothies. For years I tried to drink vegetable juices but I just hated the taste of vegetable juices, and the mess I had to clean up with a juicer. Green smoothies especially with romaine lettuce is quite mild and very good.

I also like my protein powder puddings.

Thanks John, nice to get feedback. I also like looking at other people's food journals to get ideas.

Nov 2 food journal (written Nov 3)

I was not feeling well and couldn't eat much,pretty much slept all day, didn't have the energy to prepare anything interesting. I was hungry for my first meal but not much after that, but ate anyway.

meal 1

oatmeal

rice protein shake

meal 2

oatmeal

rice protein mixed in

apple

meal 3

romaine lettuce wrap w/

hummus, tomato, hempseeds, alfalfa sprouts, small piece of soycheese (.5 oz) ,basil

That's all I ate yesterday.

This morning I weighed 95 lbs...trying not to lose weight..one day shouldn't be a big deal.

Nov 3 food journal

Meal 1

oatmeal, ground flax

orange

rice protein shake

Meal 2

vegan pancakes w/flax

green smoothie (2 cups romaine lettce, cup spinach, 7 grams spirulina, 1 banana)

Meal 3

tempeh with peanut sauce

salad (lettuce, alfalfa sprouts,tomato, sesame seeds)

Meal 4

black beans

spinach, mixed greens, sprouts, beets, carrots

Meal 5

rice protein

peanut butter

1/2 cup oatmeal

Nov 4 food journal

Meal 1

oatmeal

rice protein

ground flax

Meal 2

oatmeal

rice protein

Meal 3

tempeh w/peanut sauce

salad (lettuce, spinach, sprouts, tomato, carrots)

Meal 4

somen noodles

w/shojin broth (vegan broth-kombu and shiitake)

sauted shitake, kombu, bean sprouts sesame seeds

Meal 5

black beans

mixed vegetables

Meal 6

green smoothie

papaya

2 cups romaine lettuce

2 cups spinach

rice protein

spirulina