Greetings from Western Australia

Nakeddragon

Greetings All...

Thought I better post an intro before I get too carried away and start posting...

I am from Perth, which is the capital city of, Western Australia. I have been a vegetarian for a number of years, this year deciding I would take on a vegan diet entirely.

My main fitness regime has been in martial arts which I have done for a number of years, although I took an 18 month break, but have recently got back on the mat and decided to try a new style/s and take up Kenpo and MMA.

I have also recently got into the gym with, what I am hoping will stay, a more a motivated approach. So I am hoping to begin reaping those benefits over the next few months.

For those interested I am setting up a resource website for veg*ns in my area - http://www.perthveg.com

We have a tv show here called Muscle TV - http://www.muscletv.tv/ - which is aired on the community TV stations. I have been sending them emails, and getting others to also, in an attempt to have them do a segment on vegan and vegetarian weightlifting. So I am hoping that happens in the next series. But feel free to hound them also...

Pete...

Edited by Nakeddragon

Thanks for the welcome all...

That tatoo looks fantastic! I assume it's on your back?

Thanks, yes it is on my back, and it's a work in progress. An old photo but I'm not much of a photo fan, so I don't have any others really...

Now that i see your avatar, your screenname makes perfect sense

I was hoping it would...

Welcome Pete!

Great to have you here. Awesome work with your own resource site and hounding the TV to show more about vegan fitness. I think that is great!

If they want to hear from others, I'm sure many of us would be happy to write to them. Just point us in the right direction.

Have an awesome time on the site, we're happy to have you here.

-Robert

We have a tv show here called Muscle TV - http://www.muscletv.tv/ - which is aired on the community TV stations. I have been sending them emails, and getting others to also, in an attempt to have them do a segment on vegan and vegetarian weightlifting. So I am hoping that happens in the next series. But feel free to hound them also...

I sent them an email dude

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I came on too late to see the tattoo. Are you a n*ist as well as a veg*n ?

Sorry Evan... I haven't been on forum for a couple of weeks...

The use of the 'nic' Nakeddragon isn't a nudist reference, the tattoo over my back is of a dragon, and the 'nic' has a more esoteric and symbolic reference. Although I usually just say it's because there's a dragon on my back and I have to be naked for someone to see it all...

I came on too late to see the tattoo. Are you a n*ist as well as a veg*n ?

Sorry Evan... I haven't been on forum for a couple of weeks...

The use of the 'nic' Nakeddragon isn't a nudist reference,

Don't worry, nobody's perfect Just kidding. Cool anyway.