Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: HST - Holy Shite Training
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:38 pm 
Elephant

Okay, now i'm getting serious! :x

10 days without training have me pumped for serious workout!

Couldn't wait any longer to start this thread.... :twisted:

I will workout this week according to HST principles, because of the 10 days deconditioning. That means, whole body workout 4 times till friday, increasing weights, decreasing reps, no muscle failure.

Today i started easy, with high reps and medium weights. After a week without training, this is hard but necessary for the cardio vascular system.

I did bench press, pull ups, squats (2 sets with 20 reps - hello Johnathan! :D ) and barbell row two sets each, then dips, SL deadlifts, military press, curls, calves, crunches one set each.
Tomorrow the same with 5-10kg more, depending on the exercise.

Same on thursday and friday, then the weekend off ...

...and THEN: what i've been looking for a long time now, the Doggcrapp routine. This is a killer workout, but it gives great results for advanced trainees. I'll be doing it for at least 6 weeks, depending on the results.

Training plan is only the half deal - other is nutrition. At the moment, i'm having the usual plus christmas goodies ;) I'm gonna eat big in order to get big.

In this thread, i'm gonna post photos every ~2 months to compare results and to motivate me further. First set of pics will be next sunday, before the DC starts. I hope there will be a visible progress!
And i'm gonna get a scale sometime in the not-to-distant future...

Okay, bored you long enough....

I'm gonna get some food now...
8)

Last edited by Daywalker on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:59 pm 
Elephant

Good to see you're going bakc to the gym. Just stay away from the kryptonite..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:07 pm 
Elephant

willpeavy wrote:
Just stay away from the kryptonite..

Actually, my bars are made of kryptonite! Otherwise i wouldn't get a workout from those tiny weights at all... :P

By the way, my screen-name in other boards is Kryptonite V (V for vegan) - stronger than Superman! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:10 pm 
Elephant

Daywalker wrote:
Actually, my bars are made of kryptonite! Otherwise i wouldn't get a workout from those tiny weights at all... :P

Working out with kryptonite bars, now that's hardcore. But what else would you expect from a world bodybuilding champ :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:24 am 
Elephant

The workout today showed me i've really lost strength :?

Especially my lower back, but bench press also.

(Today was:
Bench: 90kg x 6, 6 reps (not as easy as it should've been)
Chins: +10kg x 10, 10 reps (easy)
Squat: 100kg x 15, 15 reps (easy)
Dips: +20kg x 10 reps (easy)
Quitted rows, SLDLs and Military Press to save my lower back.
Dumbell curls, calves, crunches.)

I'm scared as well as excited of my DC routine... monday will be an interesting workout :)

Tomorrow we'll get the first shots and a few measurements.

Let's get ready to rumble! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:51 am 
Elephant

Yesterday was the day i've been looking for along time - first day of DC :shock:
To tell the truth, i was a little scared as well.

Okay, it went like this:

Warm up.

Chest:
Bench press: 90kg x 9 reps + 2 assisted reps, 15 breath-break, 2 reps + 1 assisted. Then loaded stretching (LS) for ~ 60 seconds. OUCH, i'm not used to this anymore! I could feel myself grow instantly :lol: (and i was sore instantly)

Shoulders:
Dumbell press: 26kg x9 + 1 assisted, 15 breaths-break, another rep. Loaded stretching for ~ 60 seconds. Tough, but not as painful in the shoulders as the chest exercise.

Triceps:
Dips: 25kg added (plus my new chain, which is at least 5lbs, maybe 10 on it's own ;) ) for 9 reps (ALMOST 10 - argh, it was like this the whole day :? ). Break for 15 breaths, then another 4 reps, then LS.

Lats:
Pull ups (wide grip) with 10kg added. Concentrated on form, but was weak... 9 reps (!) plus another 2 after the 15 breaths break. LS=hanging off the bar afterwards for as long as possible (not long, but longer than i thought i could ;) ).

Back:
Bent over barbell row, underhand grip: 90kg for 9 reps ( :evil: ), no rest-pause set here, too dangerous imho. LS.

Did two singles deadlift with 140kg just to get into this exercise again and realize how weak i am at the moment :(
Then rotator cuff work and it was it for the day.

Now growing 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:20 am 
Elephant

20 reps!? blah! :lol:

seriously though - even though you say that you are weak, the only exercise that i could out do you with is the bench (but its always going to be like that - ill always be a better bencher! :P ).

im not sure that i would consider myself an advanced lifter yet, so maybe ill give doggcrapp a miss for a year or so. could you please explain this hst thing to me though?

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:43 am 
Elephant

Hey big John!

jonathan wrote:
the only exercise hat i could out do you with is the bench (but its always going to be like that - ill always be a better bencher! :P

You wanna bet? 8)

I'm far away at the moment from my personal best, but i think in 1-2 months i'm back at full strength, if not sooner. Only "problem" is that DC is not about going for single rep max. I estimate that i'll be doing 95kg for 10 times next time i bench, at least that's my minimum goal.
And i'm talking nice slow reps here, slow eccentric descent ;)

By the way, are you or Kathryn missing a black sweatshirt?

For info on HST look here:
www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Great program, but your joints have to get used to the high volume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:50 am 
Elephant

i do wanna bet! you forget at the moment that i am also bulking, and also stronger than ever.

i challenge you to get to 300lbs (136.4kg) or 140kg before me on the bench! put your money where your mouth is!

plus, these types of challenges inevitably make all participants train much harder so it can only be a good thing :D

im not sure that i am missing a top - but then i dont really pay much attention to what i wear. what kind of top it is?

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:58 am 
Elephant

jonathan wrote:
i do wanna bet! you forget at the moment that i am also bulking, and also stronger than ever.

i challenge you to get to 300lbs (136.4kg) or 140kg before me on the bench! put your money where your mouth is!

Hehe, good 8)
But as i said - i do slow, controlled sets in a rep range of 6-15, not single max. And i know you're stronger at the moment, but you said you'll be always be better - not who's first at a certain weight ;)
Let's see... okay, what about two challenges at the same time? One who's first at 300lbs (probably you) (paused rep, not touch and go) and one who can do more reps with 120kg next may.

I have to look for the top, will email you later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:12 am 
Elephant

300lb paused is going to be hard! i was thinking touch and go, as im not too far off on that. but i think that the most that i could pause at the moment is 122.5-125 so ive got my work cut out for me!

i like the idea of repping at 120kg. i will say that by may next year i should be able to do 5-6reps with that weight. on a good day now i think that i could do three (based on the fact that i did 2sets of 3 at 117.5 yesterday). how many do you think you could do?

jonathan

Repeat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:00 pm 
Elephant

What's loaded stretching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:35 pm 
Elephant

@John:
At the moemnt i think i can't even do one rep :( But wait until may ;)

@Will:
Loaded stretching is extreme passive stretching - you let yourself be stretched by a weight. At the same time, you hold tension against the weight. For example chest: you take two dumbells and take the bottom position of dumbell flies and hold it there. During the stretch, you try to go deeper and deeper into the stretch. Very ouch :D

Today's workout:

Squats:
I lack a power rack and/or workout partner :( So i can't really do a set to failure, that's why i did rest-pause set instead, which i would never do for squats when doing sets to failure. So: 120kg for 12 RP 5 RP 3 reps + LS.

Hamstrings:
Cannot explain this exercise... K-Oz calls it "kneecrusher", i prefer "Mohammeds" ;) Anyway, very hard one :P +LS.

Biceps:
Dumbell curls on incline bench: 20kg for 6 RP 1 RP 3 reps + slow eccentric on the last rep each. LS.

Forearms:
Barbell wrist curls behind the back while standing. 50kg for 15 reps, then LS, then the gripper no. 2 for 2 reps each side. Can't close it, but do a max effort, hold it, then slow negative.

Traps:
Dumbell shrugs. Pretty stupid to do that after forearms :roll: 40kg only 12 slow reps, then grip failed.

Calves:
On leg press. 170kg for 14 reps, 5 seconds LS before each rep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:17 pm 
Elephant

Got a weight scale for christmas :D
This morning, i officially weighed in at 84.0 kg 8)
Not as much as i had expected, but okay. From tomorrow on, the holidays are over and my diet goes back to normal (less cake than the past weeks, but as much food as i can comfortably ingest). Will weigh myself every training day and post my weight here every month. Try to keep it increasing everytime, along with my expected strength gains this will inevitably lead to more muscle ;)
:lol:

The problem of doing squats DC style without a power rack and/or training partner is solved: from wednesday on i'll have a training partner 8)
He's a cool guy, about my strength, and physiotherapist. Around 40, but you'd guess him ten years younger. He wanted to try DC training anyway, so we'll do it together. No mercy, i'll crush him AND the log! :twisted:
He's not vegan - yet! :D

Training on friday was okay.
Today's workout was good, i did squats again. Rather than doing Rest-Pause set, i did a drop set to increase intensity. I did 130kg for 7 reps (not very good) and then dropped a plate each side and did (without break) 100kg for 20 reps. That was quite hard :? But i know there's still a lot of potential there. With a spotter, i'm going to do the same with 10kg more next time.
Looking forward to next workout 8)
The real interesting part starts next monday, when the war against the logbook begins :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:05 pm 
Elephant

Had a good session with my new patrner today. He's about as strong as me and fights just as hard in his sets. I think we make a good team 8)
Looking forward to the gains :D
;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next