Life After Death

There was a break in my routine. I had to complete a research project.

Sunday 10/26

DB Power Jerk 1x5x57lbs

T-Bar Row 3x5x100lbs

Hammer Curls 1x5x30lbs

Full Squat 1x20x186lbs

Deadlift 1x20x186lbs

Knuckle Push-ups 1x16, 1x8

Monday 10/27

Decline Sit-ups 2x10x50lbs

DB Side Bends 2x10x70lbs

Standing BB Plate Twists 1x50x50lbs

Powerboxing/Punchout Drills

10x1-minute rounds

Tuesday 10/28

DB Push Press 3x5x50lbs

DB Bench Press 3x5x56lbs

DB Reverse Grip Row 3x5x70lbs

Full Squat 1x20x190lbs

Deadlift 1x20x190lbs

Knuckle Push-ups 1x16, 1x10

Edited by bodybag

I made adjustments to my routine. I can't squat and DL during the same session at this weight. My quads, hams, and glutes were fried after I squatted today.

Tuesday 11/4

Grip/forearm work

DB Push Press 1x5x54lbs

DB Bench Press 1x5x60lbs

Full Squat 1x20x196lbs

T-Bar Row 3x5x105lbs

I made adjustments to my routine. I can't squat and DL during the same session at this weight. My quads, hams, and glutes were fried after I squatted today.

No joke man, I can't believe you 20 rep squatted on a Sunday, then again on a Tuesday! What is this maddness?! I wouldn't be able to move again for a week . Good work, high rep stuff is brutal.

No joke man, I can't believe you 20 rep squatted on a Sunday, then again on a Tuesday! What is this maddness?! I wouldn't be able to move again for a week .
I was going to squat and DL 3 days a week, however squatting became more difficult as I increased the weight. Now I'm going to squat session 1 & 3 and DL session 2.
Good work' date=' high rep stuff is brutal.[/quote']Thanks.

I like the frequent 20-rep scheme - if nothing else, you're going to put on a few lbs. and have endurance that will kick the crap out of what you could do before starting this program I do admit, I'd have a hard time with a gallon of soy milk a day (unless it was chocolate - then I could do it for at least a few days!), and best of success with the new program!

I like the frequent 20-rep scheme - if nothing else, you're going to put on a few lbs. and have endurance that will kick the crap out of what you could do before starting this program I do admit, I'd have a hard time with a gallon of soy milk a day (unless it was chocolate - then I could do it for at least a few days!), and best of success with the new program!
I don't consume a gallon of soy milk a day. I changed the title of my training log because I thought it was funny. I would go broke spending that amount of money on soy milk a month. I actually consume 16 ounces a day.

I drink unsweetened soy milk and if I consumed a gallon a day that would be 1280 calories, 64 grams of fat, 64 grams of carbohydrates, and 112 grams of protien from the soy milk alone. It would be easy to consume 16 ounces every (waking) 1 hour=1 gallon. I think unsweetened or "regular" soy milk taste great. I don't like chocolate.

Saturday 11/8-I didn't write down this session until today so the numbers may not be 100% accurate.

Grip/forearm work

DB Push Press 3x5x50lbs

DB Bench Press 3x5x56lbs

Full Squat 1x20x196lbs

T-Bar Row 3x5x100lbs

Tuesday 11/11-road trip

Wednesday 11/12

CoC gripper 2 sets to failure

DB Push Press 1x4x56lbs, failed on 5 rep

T-Bar Row 3x5x110lbs

Full Squat 1x20x200lbs

decided to drop bench on OHP days

You are hardcore and have my respect. 20 reps is so solid, and at a good weight too!
Thanks!

I still need to lose body fat (I'm stuck at 200lbs/90.7 kgs 6' 1"/185 cm ), I have diabetes type II, my A1C was elevated two months ago, and I want to avoid taking medications. I try to keep my caloric intake to 2000-2200 a day.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this routine for 2 more sessions. I got up to 230lbsx20 DL and 200lbsx20 Full Squats started at 166 or 170lbsx20 Full Squats. Now I feel dizzy and fatigued all the time even on my off days. I can't handle this shit anymore.

Edited by bodybag

Friday 11/21

Coc Trainer 1x10, 1x9

Full Squat 1x5x210lbs

DB Bench 1x5x64lbs

DB Row 1x5x80lbs

DB Bicep Curl 1x4x33, 1x1x32lbs

Forearms

Thor's Hammer 3x8x15lbs

DB Seated Pronation 3x8x10lbs

Knuckle Push-up 10, 10, 10, 10, 9=49

Tabata Squat Jumps: 4 minutes

I still need to lose body fat (I'm stuck at 200lbs/90.7 kgs 6' 1"/185 cm ), I have diabetes type II, my A1C was elevated two months ago, and I want to avoid taking medications. I try to keep my caloric intake to 2000-2200 a day.

First, strong work. I hate doing high rep anything although my trainer has me do so often - I don't know that I would push myself nearly as hard.

I am very interested in what your daily eating looks like. Are you actively trying to cut body fat right now? I'm in a cutting phase (5'10", 158-160 lbs) and only go lower than 2500 calories for 72 hours max, then bump it up to my maintenance range.

I presume you're busy with your studies but if you have time to read then you may want to check out How Fat Works. I think the author gives a good explanation of insulin resistance and the fat metabolism aspects of diabetes. Much of his research (and others) is mouse research but not all of the theories are extrapolations. I haven't studied the physiology of diabetes in quite some time and was surprised with what I learned. Of course this may be old news to you if you've been living with diabetes and studying it recently.

First, strong work. I hate doing high rep anything although my trainer has me do so often - I don't know that I would push myself nearly as hard.
Thanks!
I am very interested in what your daily eating looks like. Are you actively trying to cut body fat right now? I'm in a cutting phase (5'10"' date=' 158-160 lbs) and only go lower than 2500 calories for 72 hours max, then bump it up to my maintenance range.[/quote']I'll start recording a food log again starting tomorrow. 2000-2200 calories a day is a wild guess. I eat like a large mammal. I have to restrain myself.

Yes, I'm trying to cut/reduce body fat right now. The issue with me and body fat reduction is I haven't been able to train consistantly for a while because I've struggled with insomnia for nearly 2 years. I've had insomnia for over 20 years. Stress triggered this latest bout.

*I threw in the OL because I was bored this day

Friday 11/28

DB Pwr. Jerk 1sx5rx58lbs

DB Pwr. Snatch 3sx5rx60lbs (should of used more weight)

DB Pwr. Clean 3sx5rx75lbs

Abs

Decline Sit-ups 2sx12rx50lbs

DB Side Bends 2sx10rx80lbs each side

Standing BB Plate Twists 1sx30tx50lbs

I wish I had enough room in my crib to do Full Contact Twists

Friday 11/28

Food Log

Calories: 2500

Fat: 55g

Carbs: 314g

Protein: 129g