Pasta Suicide: The meal for a man with an appetite.

Dr. Pink

I haven't made it yet. Just thought it up. But anyways. Here's what it would entail.

2 pounds of cooked Pasta( Whichever you prefer, I prefer Whole Wheat ) 1 pound tofu, 1 pound spinach, 1 pound mixed veggies( Broccoli, Mushrooms, Onion, Eggplant..whatever you like ), 1 pound tomatoes a half a pound of cooked potatoes.

Pasta. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Stirring occasionally to prevent stickage. Lightly fry the potatoes with the tofu. Slowly adding your favorite type of salt. And if you want some flavor. A juixe mixture of garlic, cilantro and tomato.

Add all ingredients into a large( Very large. Large enough to hold everything ) oven dish. Add a little bit of chapped garlic and cilantro and a little bit of your favorite salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes( More or less depending how you like it. )

Enough food to make any man feel full.

I love the title!! Hehehe.

Let me share some of my Italian expertise..

1. Fresh tomatoes are great. Roma tomatoes especially. Chop them up and throw them in the sauce, or mix some in a blender with some sun-dried tomatoes.

2. Olive oil. No substitutes.

3. If you're going to use a meat substitute, I recommend the veggie ground round.. Since plain tofu has no flavor.. Lol

4. Use fresh herbs like oregano, ground pepper, basil, and garlic.

5. Only use stuff from Italy. (Pasta, olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes etc.)

You can buy fresh local tomatoes, garlic, herbs etc.

6. Simmer the sauce for a couple hours to really enhance the flavour.

7. Fry up the veggie ground round with the sun-dried tomatoes, onions and garlic first, and then add the rest of your ingredients.

That's all i have for now..

cook pasta for 15-20 minutes!!! oh mamma mia! plus cooking in the oven???

I'm afraid its not going to taste so good,but de gustibus

p.s.

I'm Italian, if you need any suggestions on how to cook pasta feel free to ask

Yeah that's true, that's what I first thought when reading that "recipe", lol. For most kind of pastas, 7-12 minutes is enough for Al Dente. I just turn on the heat for 2 minutes with the pastas in boiling water, then I turn off the heat, cover and let the pastas cook like that for 15 minutes, it saves energy.

So. Maybe instead of cooking the pasta again in the oven I can do this

Cook Pasta on high in boiling water for 10-15 minutes( How I usually do it )

At the same time...

Fry up the potatoes, veggies, tofu( Pretty much everything but the sauce ) until it's nice and cooked.

Drain Pasta and put it in a big salad bowl( Or just any plain big bowl. But it would have to be big enough to hold two pounds of Pasta plus everything else )

Add the stuff you were frying into the bowl.

Next add the sauce( Marcina's idea of simmering the sauce for a couple hours sounds nice. So that would probably be best to bring out the flavor of all of the ingredients in the sauce, the cilantro, the tomato, the garlic and maybe a pinch of lime and orange squeeze and a dash of hot peppers...the orange can be axed. I have no idea if it would come out good. I love trying out weird combination's to see what works and what doesn't ). Pour Sauce in bowl. Mix. Eat.

At the same time...

Fry up the potatoes, veggies, tofu( Pretty much everything but the sauce ) until it's nice and cooked.

Drain Pasta and put it in a big salad bowl( Or just any plain big bowl. But it would have to be big enough to hold two pounds of Pasta plus everything else )

Next add the sauce( Marcina's idea of simmering the sauce for a couple hours sounds nice. So that would probably be best to bring out the flavor of all of the ingredients in the sauce, the cilantro, the tomato, the garlic and maybe a pinch of lime and orange squeeze and a dash of hot peppers...the orange can be axed. I have no idea if it would come out good. I love trying out weird combination's to see what works and what doesn't ). Pour Sauce in bowl. Mix. Eat.

try it this way

1. cook pasta 2 minutes (abundant) less than the time indicated on the box(also 3 minutes)

2. prepare the things you want to add seperately

3. when the pasta is cooked(remember: subtract 2-3 minutes to the cooking time) pour it in a large pan (with some olive oil) and add all the other ingredients to make it sautè (I hope its the correct term). Fire not too low (lets sey almost high flame) and always stir the pasta(otherwise it going to stick to the pan. You can just keep it for a 2-3 minutes or keep it on the fire until it becomes dorè (I think I need more English lessons )

4. a trick: when you pour the pasta from its boling water, keep some of the water where its been boiled(lets say a cup) so that when the pasta is on the fire, if you see its becoming too dry, you can add some of the water. (even though if you're using the sauce I doubt you will need it)

5. another tip: if you want to put eveything in the oven, you can but: boil the pasta for less time (in this case AT LEAST 3 and a half minutes-otherwise its going to become sticky like glue), but the sauce has to be a lot. Basically, you must almost drown the pasta with the sauce, which will in any case dry when its in the oven and when the dish cools down.

I suggest you to use short pasta, with a hole in it (like small maccheroni,)

buon appetito!

At the same time...

try it this way

1. cook pasta 2 minutes (abundant) less than the time indicated on the box(also 3 minutes)

3. when the pasta is cooked(remember: subtract 2-3 minutes to the cooking time) pour it in a large pan (with some olive oil) and add all the other ingredients to make it sautè (I hope its the correct term). Fire not too low (lets sey almost high flame) and always stir the pasta(otherwise it going to stick to the pan. You can just keep it for a 2-3 minutes or keep it on the fire until it becomes dorè (I think I need more English lessons )

4. a trick: when you pour the pasta from its boling water, keep some of the water where its been boiled(lets say a cup) so that when the pasta is on the fire, if you see its becoming too dry, you can add some of the water. (even though if you're using the sauce I doubt you will need it)

5. another tip: if you want to put eveything in the oven, you can but: boil the pasta for less time (in this case AT LEAST 3 and a half minutes-otherwise its going to become sticky like glue), but the sauce has to be a lot. Basically, you must almost drown the pasta with the sauce, which will in any case dry when its in the oven and when the dish cools down.

buon appetito!

At the same time...

try it this way

buon appetito!

Oh my gosh, that is a lot of food!!! Sounds good though!

I agree that I would just partially cook it. I don't know what kind of pasta you're using but whole wheat does take a tad bit longer, but 10-15 minutes is a lot. I would bet that you probably cook it less, you just don't realize.

Have you tried it yet? Enjoy!

I've tried similar on a small scale. Nothing that big yet. I eat a bag a day so I think a meal with two bags would be easy.

I've probably cooked pasta a total of 50-100 times. Weather it be chow mein, spaghetti, or something with penne( I've done it wit both tomato sauce and soy sauce. With Soy sauce I call that penne mein. Like chow mein only with penne pastas )