Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: For The Mamas!...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 pm 
Rabbit

OK - since i finally have my drive back again....

I have decided log it all!

I am a *young* mother of 3 very lively boys. I had them all pretty close together so my body has had a hard time catching up... or should i say, i have had a hard time bringing it back up to speed? :D

My friend and I decided that it was time to stop being irritated about it and get busy. I am only 26 - I want to look and feel it.

Keep in mind that right now, i am still breastfeeding - not a ton, but enough to know that it isn't time for a cleanse, you know?

Here are my first commitments.

1. Drink a TON of water.... only downfall right now is the toilet time involved.. but who cares? :wink:
2. Start my day with water/apple cider vinegar followed by vega w/ a little added hemp protein.
3. Stretch once my muscles are warm, then proceed to either to some strength training or run about 3 miles. (Yes, the kids all come with me. They love that they get to stay in their pj's and put on their rain/warm gear. My oldest either stands in the back of the burley - like a chariot, or rides his bike alongside me.)
4. Throughout the day, i continue to drink water w/ a little acv - for digestion.
5. Before a meal i prefer to eat 2 raw fruits/veggies/salad - then, some protein, and finish with some whole grains depending on my hunger.
6. i graze....water/ produce/protein/whole gains (in that order) (oh, and i add coconut oil to my grains for good fats if i have no avocados.)
7. I DON'T calorie count..... I don't really have a standard opinion of it as of now - but while nursing, i believe it isn't wise.
8. We don't have a car - so I do bike/walk often.
9. At night - I try to do some strength training (once the miniatures are in bed :wink: ) - but i can also squeeze some in during the day and get them involved... ** Children make GREAT weights!**
10. Take it easy.. I make sure to be reading a book and or just getting tidbits of relaxation time. I don't want to beat myself up or wear myself out. I want my routine to be part of my life - not my "weight loss plan".

So - thats it for now.... I am going to *try* to post my meal plans and exercise plans etc... but - it can be busy over here!

Wish me luck!

Post subject: Re: For The Mamas!...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:47 pm 
Gorilla

Let me wish you luck.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:29 am 
Gorilla

That sounds like fun. :) Are you a single mom or is there someone else taking care of the kids while you're training?

Well I wish you luck.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 am 
Elephant

Looks like a great plan! Good luck and have fun! How much does your baby nurse right now?