Phils Introduction to Fitness!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol since srgt crystal is calling me out ill update. Wednesday I did a new type of workout.

I am going to be trading on and off weeks in order to max out the life of my workout plan. This week was the introduction to the 3-4rep,3 sets at 85 percent max weight. I am not going to lie, i dont really feel sore or that i had an amazing workout so im unsure how long this is going to last.

Bench press:

3x3-115-120lbs

front cable pulldown

3setsx4reps 80lbs

upper chest machine:

3x4 125lbs

shoulder press:

3x4 80lbs

single arm bent over rows

3x4 45-50lbs (last set 50 lbs)

Alight i forgot to update for saturdays workout.

I am doing the three sets of 3-4 max weight dont really feel much different. So i am going to be doing 4-5 sets at 3-4 reps instead on those off weeks as well as some cardio.

Cardio:

I have avoided this like hte plague but ill be damned if i am going to get fat again. So in that spirit i will be adding 15-30 minutes of stairclimber or hill sprints to the program on my down days.

Monday was leg day.

Did 3x12 with 60lbs of squats

did 3x12 with barbell of front squats

did 3x12 of single dumbbell leg raises

My friend was tired who i work out with so i used that as an excuse not to do straight leg deadlifts. Ill have to go extra hard next time.

I think this is getting too light for me. Next work out im going to 70lbs and front squats to 60 lbs.

Edited by phillipeb

Wednesday:

I worked out with Crystal. and as usual she is a task master. Even though i did not feel like i was working harder and actually secretly thought that it was not as good as my workout it did indeed kick my ass moreso than my normal workout. I am seriously considering adding the benchpress with the barbell to my workout soon instead of dumbbells. I think it was the pushups afterwards that kicked my ass.

benchpress

1x12 barbell

1x12 ?

1x12 ? heavier

1x10 ?

1x8 90lbs

pushups:

7reps

6reps

7reps

close grip benchpress

1x12 barbell

1x12?

1x12?

1x10?

Dumbbell hammer curls

1x3 with 25

1x5 with 20

3x12 with 15lbs

my arms were so sore after this. woot woot.

Even though i did not feel like i was working harder and actually secretly thought that it was not as good as my workout . . .

Hey, if you ever want to go harder, we can always go harder muhahahaaa!

Anyway, we ended on 95 pounds on the BP, not 90, and the weight increments were: bar-65-75-85-then end on 95 pounds .

While i am down for that i also wanted to meet up with you on the third day of training. we have done squat and chest i wanted to see what you did for back. so perhaps two workouts next week?

Also I am planning to have my birthday party on January 3rd at one of the rock climbing places(either rockreation or monumentum) so if your down you can ride up with me or meet me there. as far as i know i have 5 people who are coming and a vegan cake! woot woot.

Okay, lets just meet up Wednesday for a good deadlift session? I can't go too heavy on these lately, but I can show you good form and they are the BEST workout for back! We'll also do some lats, maybe shoulder press, and some shrugs of course . Sound good?

As for your b-day, if there is cake and climbing you couldn't keep me away!

• 2 months later...