Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Female, 42 and Bulking - DV's Journal Part 2
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:31 pm 
Gorilla

DV is this the correct web address? http://www.femininebodybuilding.com/ The link you posted didn't take me to the website.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:58 pm 
Elephant

Whoops, my mistake. That is the correct website. I've edited my original post.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:39 am 
Stegosaurus

What's up DV? :?

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:29 am 
Elephant

Hey Joe!

I'm still around, just not as much and not posting. Work is the same, family is well. I'm mentoring a young girl once a week so I'm discovering all the child-friendly activities in this city.

I've put on 10 lbs since August and it's now time to cut about 10-15 lbs. Hamstrings and glutes are trailing but my quads are finally starting to fill in nicely. Still with a great trainer and planning on competing in 2010 - unless I'm ready by next autumn, but I'd rather take it slow.

Have you reached the big 50 yet? Did you reach your birthday goal? Have a great Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 am 
Elephant

we do miss you... :0(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:09 am 
Elephant

Well, I miss you too. If we ever got back to vegan BODYBUILDING (minus the alternative universe, er lifestyle, component) as the basis of this forum then I would be around more. It's too exasperating to give solid advice here, only to be debated by some 19 year old with the power of google's collective stupidity to back him up. Or, better yet, to be debated by a 40-50 year old who thinks eating raw/low fat/low protein/"super foods"/fill-in-the-blanks for 8 months, lifting a few weights and reading "studies" somehow gives him the same knowledge base and comprehension skills of a PhD. When this becomes a forum where knowledge, experience, education and walking-the-walk (rather than spewing bullshit) is valued - I'd be happy to return on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:34 am 
Stegosaurus

DV wrote:
Well, I miss you too. If we ever got back to vegan BODYBUILDING (minus the alternative universe, er lifestyle, component) as the basis of this forum then I would be around more. It's too exasperating to give solid advice here, only to be debated by some 19 year old with the power of google's collective stupidity to back him up. Or, better yet, to be debated by a 40-50 year old who thinks eating raw/low fat/low protein/"super foods"/fill-in-the-blanks for 8 months, lifting a few weights and reading "studies" somehow gives him the same knowledge base and comprehension skills of a PhD. When this becomes a forum where knowledge, experience, education and walking-the-walk (rather than spewing bullshit) is valued - I'd be happy to return on a regular basis.

DV,...please don't hold back, let us know how you really feel :)

I know what you mean. Someone here recently told me that raw food diets were already proven to be healthy/superior because the strongest animals eat raw food diets. When I told this person, who apparently has never opened a biology text book in his life, that different animals are built differently on the inside, he told me that omnivores can use arguments like that against all vegan diets.
Oy.

Instead of VBBF sometimes I think this forum should be name VIF - VeganIgnoranceForum

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:30 pm 
Elephant

Well, at the risk of getting banned, I think HappyVeganHorseShit.com might be a better choice!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:35 pm 
Elephant

There's always an influx of whatever that comes in to take away from a common vibe that we all come here for. Anyhow, how is life, still extremely busy? December is the busiest month of the year for the both of us but we can still perhaps train together here and there if it works out. However, this week is the quietest week until the busy times hit. Care to get together if you aren't slammed? If not we'll get together soon enough i'm sure.

Glad to see you're still posting here as well.

Looking forward to once again reading your training log. :D

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:45 pm 
Elephant

Giacomo! Your ability to look on the bright side always amazes me. Stick to it. Wednesday evening, Friday evening or Sunday are good days for me. Let me know how your schedule fits with that.

I don't know if I'll be posting a training log anymore. I'm so beat by the time I leave my trainer that I can barely remember my name - and that's 3 out of 5-6 workouts per week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:31 pm 
Stegosaurus

DV wrote:
Well, at the risk of getting banned, I think HappyVeganHorseShit.com might be a better choice!

Too long :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:37 pm 
Gorilla

beforewisdom wrote:
DV wrote:

Too long :)

Not at all! .coms can be up to 63 characters long. And even better, it's not registered yet. DV, get it while you still can!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 pm 
Elephant

:lachmal:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:54 am 
Elephant

Gaia, you know I think about you often! I'm glad you're still here because I want to know how your cutting might have gone better. I see you are back to bulking, which I know you like much, much better! :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:55 am 
Elephant

I let myself get too much BF I think. I did get 20 lbs off, but I needed to get some more off for me to be happy going into the comp. But I am still experimenting with diets and supplements to try and get to where I know I can be. Interested in figuring out what went wrong too. Right now my guess it was just still too much carbs, and I will need to do veggies and protein drinks in the end (the 2 to 3 weeks right before comp). Though you know that I am coming in from a different place than you. I am an easy gainer of muscle and FAT, and it will take a little more for me to get to 10% BF than say for you.

As I am bulking I am trying to be good. I am up to 166 lbs already! I've started to put the brakes on and added a little cardio (elliptical - nice and low impact, and yoga on the other days) to keep the BF down this winter. I will be going to a new gym that is more bodybuilding oriented in December. Hopefully I will be around some motivational people (be omnivore or vegan. I just want to be around BBers again. Fitness focused people are OK, but they don't understand about focusing on gaining muscle mass and eating to support it).

How is your muscle mass coming along? Read that you have 10 lbs on, but weight doesn't mean a thing. Want to know how much more weight you were able to pack on your reps/sets/exercises. I am just maintaining right now. I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself that I was way too big for what I like (I think the 7 keto added alot of mass to my body, and it put it on in a weird way - like blocky football player style (as you once called it :mrgreen: ). I decided two days ago to begin dieting again and get the BF off now (there is a show in March that I could do if I succeed this time). I want to see what I have underneath all this. I've been bulking for 3 months now, so my body can start to go thru a diet again (packed on 12 lbs in 3 months! Not good physically, but mentally . . . it has been yummy!). But I shall see, with all these holidays to go thru! I plan to just focus on cooking food for everybody else and enjoying other people's company, to get my mind off of the dieting (plus with these new 24/7 access pass to my gym, I can workout anytime).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next