5-day max push-up challenge!

Crystal

Lets make this challenge ongoing and not end it on Nov. 28th. 1 day max.

Eh, the competition started out as 5-day max challenge between me and Phil. We can do 1 day max variations for a different comp another time or see how we feel at the end?

I think the rules should be hands no wider than shoulder width apart. Feet no wider than 12 inches apart. Push-ups can be done on the palms, back of the hands, knuckles, finger tips, thumbs only or whatever feels comfortable.

I agree with all this, but the arm-width rule. Everyone is a little different. My brother does better with a super-wide hand width and when my shoulders bother me I have to stick with a narrower hand width. Knuckles are of course fine, its much better for your wrists and that is how I do them

Anyway, just over 24 hours until the comp starts! (midnight to midnight, for me that is 27 hours away)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, the competition started out as 5-day max challenge between me and Phil.
Uh, you and Phil ain't the only people on this board. You should change the title of this thread to the 5-day max push-up challenge so folks don't confuse it with a 1-day max or consecutive Push-up Challenge.
I agree with all this' date=' but the arm-width rule. Everyone is a little different. My brother does better with a super-wide hand width and when my shoulders bother me I have to stick with a narrower hand width.[/quote']Wide and super-wide hand width is way too easy. I'm not trying to develope chesticles. Chesticles don't develope functional strength. It's like having a 1RM squat challenge and allowing 1/4 squats to count.

This is the first day of my new life.

lol just kidding. But I started this challenge. I woke up later than I wanted, so I tried to do more push-ups for the time I lost. I started at 10:30, and by 11, I made 220. My plan is a minimum of 100/hour, so this is good.

I want to do a minimum of 1000 per day, but that won't be enough, to reach the 10 000 goal I need to do more than 120/hour, 16 hours per day. Sleep from midnight to 7. Doing push-ups from 8am to 11 pm.

I mark a small vertical line for every 10 push-ups I make on a sheet of paper so then it's easy to count.

I'm doing Monday to Friday. But I guess bodybag does Sunday and ends thursday, right ? It doesn't mather, to start tomorrow or whatever, as long as it's 5 days consecutive, not only adding 2 week-ends together plus a fifth day : )

Cristal, don't hurt your ego because of me, I would prefer to be a source of motivation for you ; ) I'm sure you can do 100 per day. Just do 10 per hour. But hey, I started with many push-ups, but after about 25 sets now (sets of 10, 20, 30, I did one of 40) my muscles already have less strength, so it might be really hard to do as much as I wanted. But if I can do 5 000 for the week I'll be glad.

I only lift every other day so Tuesday and Friday are the only days this week I'll be doing push-ups; my muscles need time to recover. I think I'm going to stay out of this challenge because weightlifting is more important and I don't lift until the afternoons; I only do push-ups in the evening; I think 100 consecutive push-ups better suits the needs of a martial artist. Also, I got bored, it became to easy doing one-hundred in 2 sets of 10 over time last night. I want to start doing weight push-ups.

Maybe I'll start doing burpees, althought I couldn't do them on my knuckles.

@bodybag: so how many of those from Sunday count for starting Monday? The 20 at midnight? Just clarifying!
That's your call boss. You started this challenge.

So who's in for this challenge ? Crystal, I thought you said it was a challenge for you and Phil, is he participating

I'm surely not gonna do 10 000 push-ups like I said, lol, because I discovered it's unrealistic, I got other things to do than push-ups all day long, and also strength starts to decrease after a few hundreds... But I'll try 5 000

I'm surely not gonna do 10 000 push-ups like I said, lol, because I discovered it's unrealistic, I got other things to do than push-ups all day long, and also strength starts to decrease after a few hundreds... But I'll try 5 000

You're a bit crazy, honey.

I did 41 and I'm going to do 9 more so that'll be 50 for my first day. I'll try to do more tomorrow.

I did 41 and I'm going to do 9 more so that'll be 50 for my first day. I'll try to do more tomorrow.

I'm glad you're taking part in that challenge.

Day 1 - Total = 1 150

(I did mostly classic push-ups, but also some inclined, declined, diamond, on knuckles, different hand positions, hands on dumbbells, etc...)

10:30 - 20, 20, 30, 20, 20, 20, 20, 10, 20, 20, 20

11:00 - 30, 40, 30, 20, 30, 20

12:00 - 30, 20, 20, 10, 20

1 pm - 20, 10, 10, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

2 pm - 20, 20

3 pm - 20, 20

4 pm - 20, 20, 20

5 pm - 20, 10, 20, 10, 10, 20, 20

6 pm - 20, 20, 10, 20, 10, 10, 10

7 pm - 20, 10, 10, 10

8 pm - 10, 10, 10

9 pm - 20, 20, 20

10 pm - 20, 20, 10, 10

HCPinGviini: Yay! I'm so glad you joined in!

IYM: Curse your oily hide! That is an insane amount of push-ups for one day!

So my total for Monday was 230 and that was about all I could mananage and I'm SO SORE today! Oh well, 4 more days to go

Philliped doesn't have to post his totals if he does not want to, but he'd better tell me

that thread was hard to find, no one updates

anyway I've done only about 500 today (but I'm gonna do a few more for the next 2 or 3 hours).

here's some videos of today's knuckle push-ups I made. Not perfect form but anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eujh1G_8V4Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEMPWE3wIVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD7lL67xG3M

another video, not me, don't know if this is real or just a loop:

312 CONSECUTIVE BARE KNUCKLE PUSH UPS

Crap, I'm sort-of falling behind. I only got 115 yesterday, and 10 so far today! I've just been so stressed, tired, and busy! Not a good combo. I'm really going to have to make up a lot to catch up tomorrow (but at this point that goal seems a little far off). *note to self, do more tonight!

Hey Crystal, you're still doing huge numbers of push-ups, doing a hundred and more, and everyday, I know it's not easy, and you must be way more busy than I am ! So you're doing great! Just one more day to go !

Today I've done 630. Didn't do any between 5 pm and 8 pm because of a beautiful girl.

So this challenge is finished for me. I was only challenging myself, as for there wasn't many challengers here. But it was fun. In the last days I was less motivated for it... Like today I only did 400. So, I don't know what's the total for the week, I'll calculate it right now :

day

1= 1150

2= 680

3= 750

4= 630

5= 400

Total = 3 610

Very far from what I aimed for but anyway... Next week I finally start training in the gym again.