This is really fun

I think I'm gonna switch it up here a bit and start posting my entire cardio routine at the gym. Today, 30 mins fast elliptical, 20 mins run, 5 fast walk.

It was really hard, probably cuz I only slept 4.5 hours last night, or maybe it was the bourbon I drank? Also, I was on a treadmill right near the heater vent which made it hard to breathe and my body was hating it. BUT I DID IT ANYWAYS. I did it.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 cucumber

herbal tea

4 celery sticks

zucchini, tomato, veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

3 pickles, 2 rice cakes

a bowl of chard and artichokes with a veg burger

a tsp of flax later if I can get up off this chair

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike commute day. I haven't felt this strong on my bike for ages.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

some cherry tomatoes

some cute little baby peppers

zucchini, tomato, and a veg sausage

a plate of sliced pepper, tomato, carrot, and pickles

a rice cake

later - a bowl of spinach, a veg burger, and a tsp of flax

30 mins fast elliptical, 20 mins run, 5 mins fast walk. Running was ok I guess, my legs were ok with it, my lungs were not happy though. Lifting was hard at first but I think once the blood went to my arms, it went a little more smoothly.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

4 sticks celery

herbal chai

summer squash, a tomato, and a veg sausage with lettuce and tomato

a cucumber

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of broccoli and 2 veg burgers

1 tsp ground flax

3 rice cakes

No workout, only many many many hours of work.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

4 celery sticks

zucchini, tomato, veg sausage

a cucumber

a green pepper and a tomato with 2 tsp ground flax

coffee, soy

a bowl of spinach and a veg burger

4 rice cakes

i'm still really wanting something to eat. maybe some more flax? wait, no I'm not actually hungry...

When I got to the gym, my knee was tweaking, probably from playing basketball this morning. I was going to just stay on the elliptical, but I tried the treadmill just cause I could. The first 6 mins I was planning to stop at 10, to protect my knee injury, but after about 9 mins, I felt fine. So I did the full 20! I wonder If I will be able to go to 25 by the end of tg break.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

jicama

celery

cucumber

zucchini tomato and a veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT (early)

1/2 a vega bar

spinach and a veg burger

1 tsp ground flax

Thank you Hayley! You were right. I hit 25 minutes today.

I won't run for 25 tomorrow unless I'm really feeling it. At about 22 minutes my leg did start to get sore.

Food:

2 tsp miso

1 scoop rainbow in lemon/ginger tea w/ stevia, cinnamon, chile, 1 tsp flax, and celery

3 tomatoes

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of broccoli with a veg burger

6 cups of popcorn with yeast

a shot of patrón

Yesterday: bike commute day. I'm getting faster and stronger! But i think I tweaked the knee. I'll figure it out today at the gym, and not run at all if I think I need to back off.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some baby peppers, cherry tomatoes, and green beans

1 yellow squash, 1 tomato, 1 veg sausage

2 tomatoes

a bowl of broccoli and a veg burger

4 cups of popcorn

1 tsp ground flax

a few pickles

25 mins running today, the first like 4 mins felt awful, but after that I felt strong. Yay me! For some reason, my biceps were complaining today. Triceps felt fine though, in fact I added more weight on the dip machine. Hmmm...

Food:

2 tsp miso

about 4 sticks of celery

a rainbow smoothie, with added flax, celery, pumpkin pie spice, chile, stevia

2/3 of a green pepper

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

2 veg burgers and a bowl of green beans

a tsp of ground flax

WEIRD ass day at they gym today. I started out with my usual 30 mins of fast elliptical. About 20 mins into it, this chick got next to me, at first she smelled like old cheese, then she started farting, then she just smelled like death, literally. I considered moving, but I just sort of didnt breath all the way. The I felt like someone flashed a camera in my face. I went downstairs, my vision got all blurry, and I sat down for a while. It cleared after about ten minutes. So I went back to the treadmill, I felt kind of weak, and after 22 minutes I got an intense cramp in my good leg. So I walked i off and went and did more time on the elliptical. Lifting was fine, abs were fine, stretching was a little tight, I sweated alot but I wasn't even thirsty when it was all done. Now I am though!

Idk if I pushed it too hard today. This flashbulb thing has happened before, just at work, and the doctor said it was prob nothing, and to call him next time it happened. I knew I would be eating a lot and not working out tomorrow and so I wasn't too happy about missing a day of physical fitness. Well, I'm fine. So I guess it's all good for now. I'll talk to the doc, and if this ever happens again, I'll have his recommendation to go by too. Note to self, call your favorite naturopath on friday.

Food:

1 tsp miso

random celery, green pepper, and tomato

a chocolate vega drink

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a couple pickles

a bowl of spinach and 2 veg burgers

a diet hansen's soda

a tsp of ground flax later, i got a cucumber if i get hungry, which I doubt

Yesterday: ate alot of carbs, then ate more carbs. Later I ate some extra carbs. The chocolate chai pie was killer.

Today:

30 mins fast elliptical, 25 mins running, 5 walking, then lifting, then 10 more elliptical with high resistance backwards. Leg felt fine.Then abs and stuff. Upped the weight on the dip machine. Not even tired.

Food:

2 tsp miso

4 sticks of celery and 2 tomatoes

vega w/ h2o

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

a bowl of spinach and chard w/ 2 veg burgers

1 tsp ground flax later maybe with celery

Thanks! Wow no I don't mind at all! I need to thank you for asking, your question really made me think and clarify some things for myself. <3

I want to be able to run outside. I want to run in a 6k in the spring. I want to run a marathon in the next 2 years. I want to travel the world walking, running, and cycling with no physical restrictions. I want to do those things in a way that will support my body healing from the accident i was in. So ultimately, I guess, my longest term and hopefully most enduring goal is to get my body back. For so long, that guy who ran me over has had a little part of me, and I had to put off taking care of myself fully so I could finish raising my kids (if a parent ever is fully finished with that...) I gave everything i had to them. Now I have the time and space to reclaim myself, and that's what I'm going to do.

My body likes to make muscle, it happens really easy for me. I've though about working hard towards competing, but that's not really for me, i don't think.

Yesterday workout: 30 e, 25 run, 5 walk fast, deltoids, back, abs stretch

Yesterday food:

2 tsp miso

some celery and a tomato

vega and h2o

coffeem soy

WORKOUT

1/2 a vega bar

2 veg burgers and some broccoli

some more broccoli and a tsp of ground flax

some little cocoa nibs (the package says 1-2 calories each, so not too many carbs)

Today's victory was massive hot sexy money: no juice in my ipod but I did my whole workout anyways.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some celery and 2 tomatoes

vega w/ h2o

coffee w/ soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

a bowl of green beans and 2 veg burgers

1 tsp flax later with maybe another veggie

right now i'm crunching a little cocoa nib between my teeth, it's pretty fun

Walked into the gym feeling my knee, warmed it up and stretched the glute and it felt better, warmed it up even more running for a few minutes before it felt fine. Highlights: same cardio today, added more weight to 2 out of three sets on the lateral raises.

Food:

2 tsp miso

celery and 2 tomatoes

vega w/ h2o

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

collards, artichoke hearts, and 2 veg burgers

1 tsp ground flax

3 cups of popcorn

Bike commute day. My knee was twanging so I didn't push too hard. I did feel strong otherwise, but not with really good balance, probably because my bag was packed so weird.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

munched on green beans and cherry tomatoes over the morning

yellow squash, tomato, and a veg sausage

2 rice cakes

a subway salad with no nutritional value whatsoever and a veg burger

5 cups of popcorn

probably a tsp of ground flax later

I love going to the gym so much. Such good things happen there. Today I saw a guy totally attack some chin ups and it was so inspiring. I saw some people make a commitment to get healthy, I saw a woman improve massively on this pose she was practicing, I saw my friend m and we only talked a little but it was so rich - she's so cool, people all over the place were getting their muscle and cardio on, it makes me so happy.

My knee/glute thing was still going on today, stairs hurt, the elliptical hurt if i made the resistance higher than 4 so I kept it at 2. I didn't think i would run, but i decided to try it anyways. I had to wait for a treadmill for a while, and when I got one in front of the yucky air blow out thing i figured i wouldn't long. Then a different one opened up and i hit it. I love my legs. They run. They're awesome.

I did a lot for this time of the month. Usual cardio, added 10 pounds to 2 out of three of my camber curl sets, also hit triceps and pecs. Wasn't feeling any backbend stretches but that's to be expected. Or is it?

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

some baby peppers, like 8

some celery sticks

yellow squash, tomato, and a veg sausage

a rice cake

coffee n soy <--- best cup of coffee i've had in weeks

later... more coffee n soy

a bowl of spinach, 2 veg burgers, and a tomato

1 tsp of ground flax

No workout, 12 hour workday. I think I'm getting sick, I hope I don't have to bag on tomorrow's workout. I got it scheduled before I have to go to the place that likes to call itself a dental clinic. All considered, today was a very good day.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 cucumber

some celery

zucchini, tomato, a veg sausage

a rice cake

some spinach and a tomato with a tsp of flax

coffee, soy

a bowl of mixed veggies and a veg burger

some broccoli and a pickle

Very tight on time and fighting a cold today so I only did 30 elliptical, 25 run, 5 walk, 3x15 bicep 3x15 tricep and abs. Running felt ok. Weights felt like crap. I'm glad I could do what I did.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

some celery

some of a green pepper

zucchini, tomato and a veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT (early)

1/2 vega bar

I blended some summer squash, a mushroom, a thawed veg burger, and a pepper with mad ginger, garlic, lemon and chile, and heated it up to make soup. So good. I stay away from onions and garlic, it'll be interesting to see how I do with it.

Some popcorn, I'm too lazy and sick to measure it. Seems like kind of alot...

Get plenty rest. I hope you feel better

Just out of curiosity, I notice you have 2 tbs of Miso. Do you use it in a sauce, dip, soup ? ? ?

Also, are you looking for any places to move in at the end of this month ?

I'll see you tomorrow.

Thanks Jaleel. I didn't, because I was passed out for most of the day. How does green tea help with a cold?

Tasha, I did rest, good advice! I planned on hitting the gym for at least a little work. My body had other ideas. I could have gone at night but then I thought about how missing a workout wasn't going to be as bad as having to miss a lot of workouts if I don't get better and have to stay home more... About miso: I eat some every morning. I soften 1 teaspoon (I use the abbreviation of tsp for teaspoon and tbs for tablespoon - that's probably wrong, heh) of miso in cold water with however much powdered or fresh ginger I think I need. Then I add another cup of just boiling water to it. It makes a kind of broth that's great to wake up with, and before I'm even out of the house, I've consumed 4 cups of water! See you today maybe.

Yesterday's food:

a couple sticks of celery

soup: 1 can garbanzo beans, some spinach and collards, with lots of ginger, garlic, chile, lemon, and mint - blended up and heated

6 rice thins

Note to self: all out of echinacea

I will, I will, some time this week.

I surprised myself doing cardio today, running was fine. I could have done 30 minutes but I figured since I'm not feeling well, no reason to push it. Even lifting at my new weights was fine but I only did 2 deltoid things, 3x15. Then abs. Not bad for a sickie.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some celery, 2 tomatoes, ginger

vega / h2o / ginger

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

2 crowns of broccol, a pepper, 2 veg burgers, with a sauce of ginger & garlic, a jalapeño, basil, and a tomato

3 cups of popcorn

I did it today, on top of being sick, after working all day, without an ipod. I was kind of uninspired so i switched up biceps and triceps from 15 reps to 20 at the old weight. I just didn't have it in me to push any more.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

a cucumber

3 celery sticks

a zucchini, a tomato, a veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of spinach and a veg burger

about 10 rice thins

flax in a couple minutes

I added a 2 minute interval on to the 25 minute run even though my lungs were all rattly. 30 minutes here I come. I just had to. I'm back to 30 lbs on my 2 hardest shoulder moves. Still not all the way unsick, and work administrative stuff is getting ridiculous, and I'm not sleeping... I hope I don;t get any sicker.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

3 celeries

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, and a veg sausage

1 green pepper

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

Some cauliflower, broccoli, artichokes and a veg burger with a real lot of ginger

flax in a bit, and maybe some popcorn