How many hours per week do you lift?

How many hours do you lift per week?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I lift three sessions per week. Mondays and Wednesdays usually take 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on what exercises I'm doing. For the main lifts (squat, bench, dl, overhead), I take around 4-6 minutes between each set after warmups, which really adds to the time. Assistance work is usually done quicker, but if it takes an hour plus to finish squatting, it's hard to get out of there in less than an hour and a half.

Saturdays, when I lift with a group, might take upward of three hours, but a lot of that is moving/loading weights, encouraging other people, and sitting around talking

- Eric

3-4 days/week, anywhere from 45 minutes for a short session to 1 hr. 45 minutes on a long one. Upper back days can take a while as I do a lot of volume for it, and squat days are usually pretty lengthy as well. Sessions will be a bit shorter for a while as I'm cutting rest periods between sets from 3-4 minutes down to 1.5-2 minutes tops on most lifts, but most days, I can count on about 75 minutes for my entire lifting to be done.

3-4 days/week, anywhere from 45 minutes for a short session to 1 hr. 45 minutes on a long one. Upper back days can take a while as I do a lot of volume for it, and squat days are usually pretty lengthy as well. Sessions will be a bit shorter for a while as I'm cutting rest periods between sets from 3-4 minutes down to 1.5-2 minutes tops on most lifts, but most days, I can count on about 75 minutes for my entire lifting to be done.

What he said.

My favorite way to lift is 5-6 days per week, one hour per session or less. I do one body part per day (legs, chest, back, shoulders, biceps/triceps, legs - legs a bit more often). My trainer sometimes has me doing 1.5 hour sessions and I'm still seeing gains so that seems to be okay. Considering how sedentary my job is, lifting less often is not an option for my mental health or muscular health.