hi all

muhaha

well, i was told to introduce myself ,so i guess i'll do that=|

name's muhaha, that's all you need to know,

been vegan since i was 3 or 4, now i'm 18,

recently i found out that i take pride in my belief,

domestication of animals causes problems=bse, avian flu, whatnot

plus the fact that i want people to know that muscles do grow from vegan diets and shut them all up whoever said that you can't live without meat,

well it just causes global warming hahaha

that's why i started training like crazy

and i hope i'll achieve the perfect body in 5 years

usually what i do is that i soak the beans first to get rid of the acidity so it's alkaline and therefore better for the system---does that deprive the beans of it's proteins?----plus i heard i shouldn't eat too much of it, i could get gout---you guys eat it everyday what do you think?

generally what i heard is that stuff high in protein has high volumes of purine which lodges in the joints as crystals and causes gout, but since i'm working out, does that have any effect on me?

Welcome Muhaha,

Great to have you here. I first got serious about bodybuilding around the same age. I was 19 when I took weight lifting more seriously and in 2000 starting bodybuilding.

You can achieve a lot in a short time. You should see my body transformation article. In 12 weeks I added 19 pounds and 16 lbs were in the first 6 weeks and then I was low on money for food and probably could have even been bigger

I'll find the link for you.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/article/121

Best of luck and welcome!

-Robert

I've never heard that about beans. Never heard they should be soaked to get rid of acidity. I have heard soaking them gets rid of the undigestible stuff thus getting rid of gas when you eat them. I doubt it would affect the protein. Don't know much about gout except I've never heard of it being a problem for a vegan. Generally eating lots of meat is a problem that I've heard.