tuc's training and eating topic (back in business!)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks xjohanx! I'll be taking even more soon! And talking about the EU, remember that EU drives REALLY strong climate and environmental policy in the whole EU, as well as production animal control. EU is good for nature and animals. They even banned Brazilian beef because there aren't standards which prove that animals aren't tortured.

I'm your man, well we still lack Sweden when it comes to animal rights and vegetarianism... but anyway, I'm really glad we have a STRONG party which is both sensible and pro-vegetarian as well as environmentally ahead others! And by voting for the Greens here in Finland you can make a difference in politics and you don't have to choose from 2 parties which are both f'd up.

Mon 3rd November

2h 15min bboying, after that just some small things since I'm still recovering from Saturday's squatting (dunno why )

- Bench press, barbell: warm up 5 @ 62kg, then 1 @ 92kg -> felt heavy, no 100kg today -> 8 + 6 + 7 @ 76kg (weak)

- Standing tricep extensions, dumbbell: warm up 13 @ 20,4kg, then 7 + 10 + 10 @ 25,4kg (56lbs)

Yes but the EU is also making it harder for immigrants to come here.

On a side note, the Left party of Sweden has a vegan called Jens Holm in the EU parlament. He's really cool when it comes to enviromental and animal rights issues. If it weren't for him I'd probably be voting for the green party in the next EU parlament election. You know a little Swedish so check out his site http://jensholm.se/. He is probably the only honest politician I've ever seen and met. Maybe you in the future

YB

Cool! I didn't know there are vegans in the EU parliament! Jens FTW! DUDE! Seems like a great guy!

Tue 4th July! Celebrating the elections in the U.S. with some lifting!

- Bent-over row, barbell: 8 + 7 + 8 + 7 @ 94kg (not too pretty but hey, everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but don’t nobody wanna lift heavy a$$ weights!)

- Shrugs, barbell: 12 + 12 + 12 @ 94kg

I also contributed to an anti-doping chat today and hopefully got some points through. I also talked a lot about veganism and ppl took it really well!

Cool! I didn't know there are vegans in the EU parliament! Jens FTW! DUDE! Seems like a great guy!

He is a great guy. I've met him two times. He's a lot into enviromental issues and he was one fo the first to birng up the animal industrys effect on the climate change about 5-6 years ago. Way before the UN report came out.

BTW, what's your weight?

Plus I really need to go to Finland and work out with you. I'm gonna show you what hardcore means!

Wed 5th November

Super fitness day: 1h 45 bboying, 30mins pause (with some Clif Builder's from VeganEssentials!)

and

1h 30min more acrobatics. I managed to do aerial (cartwheel without hands) pretty well.

Thu 6th November

1h 30mins bboying training. I got great tips from local bboys and I managed to do aerial on hard floor.

Afterwards I was all torn up so I kept 2 days off training in order to recover properly.

Sun 9th November

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 8 + 6 + 6 @ 82kg (I went for 9th rep on 1st set and 7th rep on 2nd set but lolfailed in both and it wasn't fun since I'm lifting alone.)

- Standing press behind neck, curl bar: 10 + 10 + 11 @ 40kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 10 + 10 + 11 + 10 @ 42,5kg

- Dips: 15 + 13 + 12 @ bw

I don't know my weight since our scale ran out of batteries. I'm still light, don't worry! And be on your way already, it's really easy to come here!

I've been very busy this week, soon I'll have a lot more time to work out. Some headache because of stress has prevented weight lifting.

Mon 10th November

2h 15min bboying

Wed 12th November

1h 15min bboying, over 2h acrobatics. Also some bench press and a set of 12 chin ups

Sat 15th November

- Deadlift, barbell: warm up @ 92kg, then 1 @ 130kg, f @ 180kg, f @ 180kg, f @ 176,4kg (well at least I got 180kg a couple of inches up from the floor but WEAK STUFF!) I HATE THE LETTER F!!!

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 52kg, then 5 + 5 + 5 @ 84kg (weak )

- Dips: 10 + 8 + 10 @ bw + 10kg (first time in my life with extra weight!)

- Bent-over rows, barbell: 12 + 12 + 10 @ 80kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 12 + 13 + 8 @ 40KG

I'm really disappointed because of the deadlift. I guess it was psychological, bad day or something.

Mon 17th November

2h 15mins bboying

Wed 19th November

1h 45mins bboying

Thu 20th November

About 1h bboying.

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 60, then 1 @ 84kg, f @ 100kg, f @ 100kg, 5 + 3 @ 84kg, 10 @ 68kg

- Deadlift, barbell: 6 + 6 + 5 @ 120kg

Really weak. So bad day I only took the most important moves. Hope tomorrow is better.

Too much silly dancing. GET INTO THE FUCKING WEIGHTS MAN!

I'm TRYING! Next month I have LOADS of time to bulk & train! It's just temporary.

Today really fast train, just pump up for party clothing (we have a 90's party with proper clothing and music, no sleeves in my 90's shirt which means I have to get a good pump to look good.

- Bicep curls, barbell: 20 + 18 + 12 @ 26kg

- Standing Shoulder press, behind neck, barbell: 20 + 14 + 11 @ 26kg

I feel kinda stupid.

Mon 24th November

2h 15mins bboying. Not very hard this time since.

Wed 26th November

1h 45mins bboying.

Thu 27th November

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 1 @ 82kg and I realized that I have pain in my right shoulder. Starting well

- Deep squats, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 6 + 6 @ 82kg

- Deadlifts, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 1 + 7 + 6 @ 122kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 5 x 10 @ 40kg

I'll pump my chest & triceps when my shoulder is fine. Shouldn't take long, it's just a bit sore from sleeping in a bad position.

Too much silly dancing. GET INTO THE FUCKING WEIGHTS MAN!

woah Woah WOAAAAAH there, slwo dwn Johan; there can NEVER be too much silly dancing? What's our creed... hmph? When we're not lifting, we're dancing! Now that we've made that perfectly clear, here a little gift that I should have uploaded a long time for you Tuc, that should help get you fully gun ho about the weights. Now if there was only a way to bboy with them. hmmmmm.............

btw. sick, avatar, awesome numbers, YEAP budddy

THAT'S AWESOME! You just TOTALLY made my day! I'm grinning so much it hurts! Oh man!

I've also tried to dance while working out but with little success so far. It's not that easy.

HCPG, my typical day:

Breakfast: a couple of breads with loads of vegan margarine with loads of Omega 3

Lunch: a big bowl of salad, a couple of potatoes, huge load of beans/lentils/ect, bread + margarine

Snack: during the day: 100-150g nuts

Dinner: Whole grain pasta, soy in various forms, chick peas, lentils, beans or something like that.

After workout: soy protein drink with carbs & creatine

Evening snack: leftovers from dinner, fruits, bread, muesli ect.

My shoulder still hurts but I try to take it easy:

Sat 29th November

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 10 + 10 + 10 @ 66kg (disturbing to do with such low weights! but I want to wait for my shoulder to heal before pushing it hard)

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 10 + 10 + 8 @ 42,4kg (93,5 lbs)

Zomg that was a disco training at it's worst. I can't do most moves at all because of my stupid shoulder.

LOL glad you liked it. So we're all dying to know brother. Okay well at least me and Dani are... is is TUCK or TOOKE as far as pronunciation is concerned!>!

One of my new fav's on the radio here. Annoying enough to love. Felt it was fitting and just another indication of how bad i need a male friend in Portland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UX0p7uAW2s

Well you can say tuc how you want since it's just my nickname. Tuukka, my real name, is pronounces with 2 U's like the O's the word "loom", KK is pronounced like ck and A in the end is pronounced like A's in the word "mamma" if you say "mamma mia".

Great song! Too bad I'm too far away from Portland. I drink beer, I make manly noises and sometimes I smell a bit and I don't shave my beard if I don't go out on weekend. I think I'm manly enough for male friend purposes.

This is what I made for dinner:

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk250/tuc_finland/Food_nov_30_2008.jpg

Left: chick peas with organic coconut milk.

Back: real unprocessed basmati rice (not white) with some herbs and sundried tomatoes.

Middle front: 2-3 lbs of falafel with loads of oil.

Right: Special pasta (it's made of whole grains, legumes, lentils and flax seeds!!!) with rapeseed oil, tomato pure, onions & olives.

Oh boy I'm full. I ate HUGE amounts of that food! Everything is full of protein, fat and carbs.

Thanks mates! You're always welcome at my place for a dinner! I gave some of that food to my flatmates and ate what was left next day. Summa summarum: I ate most of all that what's in the pic in 24 hours...

It has been really busy week, not that much training but at least my shoulder got better.

Mon 1st December

2h 15mins bboying

Thu 4th December

1h 45mins bboying. I heard a small snap on my back while doing bridges and my back became a bit sore so I'll take it easy on squats and deadlifts for a few days.

Fri 5th December

Shoulder still a bit sore but almost fine.

I will be trying new way for bench press: 2x6 regular bench, then 2x8 incline bench and more weight for the next session every time I get full 2x6 + 2x8. Today I just guessed where to start at and got it all up so next time more weight!

- Bench press: warm up @ 50kg, then 6 + 6 @ 82kg

- Incline bench press: 8 + 8 @ 60kg

- Bicep curls: 9 + 8 @ 45kg (99,2 lbs)

Haha xjohanx, that's right, not very green... usually I eat loads of greens at lunch but not that much at dinner.

Zack, I'm sure you'll catch me as soon as you'll recover from the surgery. But I'm going to get you in deadlift some day! Hope all is well!

Sun 7th December

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 6 + 4 with fail on 5th @ 84kg

- Incline bench press, barbell: 8 + 8 @ 62,5kg

- Bent-over rows, curl bar: 10 + 10 + 9 @ 82kg

- Standing shoulder press, barbell: 8 + 8 + 7@ 43kg

Mon 8th December

5h 15mins bboying. OVER FIVE HOURS FFS!!!

- Bench press, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, then 6 + 4 with fail on 5th @ 84kg

Ever considered upping the weight a bit more gradually? 50kg straight to 84kg is quite a leap, man. What I do is:

2x5 bar

1x3 40kg

1x2 60kg

1x1 70kg

5x5 75kg - work sets

Just a thought, anyway. If your current approach is working fine - by all means, keep at it.

xzebrasx, yeah I know... it just fits me. I also warm up by jumping and bouncing around, I spin my arms and do some bboy moves so that I'm a bit warm before I even start warming up with weights. I think I should do it more like you do... well, you can see if I manage to do it or not.

Tue 9th December

- Bench press, barbell: just for warm up: a few reps @ 50kg

- Deep squat, barbell: warm up @ 50kg, 6 + 6 + 6 @ 85kg

- Deadlift, barbell: warm up @ 92kg, then 6 + 6 + 4 @ 130kg

- Bicep curls, curl bar: 6 + 6 + 5 + 5 @ 46,4kg (102.3 lbs)

Pretty good workout with the heaviest routines (deadlift and squat) right after each other, both with quite big weights for me. Feeling strong the first time for a long time!

I also got mail from Robert today! I got a signed letter from Robert, a DVD, Vega samples, Vega bars, flyers and 3 shirts (I ordeder some extra stuff along with the product package which I got for competing in the photo contests... so don't be jealous if you didn't get 3 shirts)!

Anyway, THANKS ROBERT!!!! Superb stuff! Already tried vanilla flavor Vega, it's really full of everything you need! I didn't know they're so filled with minerals and vitamins!

I took a couple of pics of my new garment which can be seen in a few minutes in Before/After section. More action pics (bboying ect.) featuring VBB&F clothing in the future, I promise!