Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pink's Pink-Tastic journey to Pink-sexyness =P
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:16 pm 
Elephant

If you have a playground near your house, do pullups on the monkey bars. It's fun hehe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:09 pm 
Elephant

That's a good idea :D. I could even jog there. Jogging is fun. :D.

Workouts to come later. I slept in late today( got up at 1pm ). :D

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:49 pm 
Elephant

50 push-ups
50 crunches
50 incline crunches

I did this about 4 hours ago. I'm just getting to update it now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:26 am 
Elephant

Dr. Pink wrote:
That's a good idea :D. I could even jog there. Jogging is fun. :D.

Workouts to come later. I slept in late today( got up at 1pm ). :D

Yeah that's what I would do. Jog to the park, do some pullups, play on the swings hehehe... :P
I'm a kid at heart.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:38 pm 
Elephant

^ :D. Me too. In fact I'd probably be goofing off on the swing. Standing on the seet and jumping off when I got to a good height :D.

Workouts to come later. Up all night and went to bed 6am. So workouts to come during the night and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:03 pm 
Finch

do you not have access to a gym either?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:22 pm 
Elephant

There's one close by. I just don't have access to the proper funds needed to have a gym membership.

Update.

25 Push-Ups
25 Crunches
25 Incline Crunches

I know I'm doing about half what I usually do. But that's what I felt I could pull off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:50 am 
Elephant

Gosh haven't updated in a while.

I had a really intense workout helping Grandma move out of her house into ours. Worked pretty much all day. So my muscles are still a bit tired.

Lifted some pretty heavy things too. So muscles got a fair bit of good lifting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 am 
Manatee

Ever consider adding bodyweight squats? You don't seem to be doing anything for the legs...
they'll help with the six pack too

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:57 pm 
Elephant

I was incorporating them early on in the workouts but haven't been doing them as often as I should. The link you posted makes them seem easier then the ones I've seen. Slow, fluid movements. I've been doing it fast and bouncy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 pm 
Manatee

Fast is ok too, just make sure it's under control. I'd suggest you do 50 every other day.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:27 am 
Elephant

Thanks Wobbly. I'll start doing that on Monday.

Gosh. I've really been slow with these updates. Ever since Grandma moved in I've just been getting things organized and whatnot. I'm going full-on now with the weights. I got myself a new pair that I found at Grandma's. A 10 pound dumbbell set.

Here's what I did tonight...

7 sets of 7 with 10 pound weights( Not sure what there called. Imagine me spreading my arms out like a bird, holding the weights.

5 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( I think there called chest/bicep double curls. Hiold them out in front of the stomach and lift up to the chest both at a time )

2 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( Lifting over head with my arms spread out. Whatever that's called ).

A few suggestions on a decent level to start at with these weights would be much appreciated.

What's a good meal to eat before a workout?( So I don't get too dizzy like I am now slightly )

Alright. Abs time and I'm done for the day( And tomorrow too since Sunday is considered universal rest for all my muscles )

1 set of 25 crunches and 1 set of 25 inverted crunches

I'm going to start a food blog too. So that way I can keep track of what I'm eating and perhaps make some improvements.

Right now I'll just incorporate what's for dinner.

Pasta( Half-Bag ) Tofu( Half box ) and 4 tomatoes( Trying to axe out soy sauce ).

I did the math too. 45 Grams of Protein, 1110 Calories and 14 Grams of fat.

Granted I really shouldn't be eating this late at night( 10:23 ) but I'll do my best to make sure I move around plenty. I probably won't be sleeping tonight as I have a lot to organize. I'm going to organize a fitness routine, a food routine and so on.

The reason why I cook so late at night is due to my family. I live in a house filled with Omnivores. And to top it off I'm Germaphobic and OCD. So I hate to cook when there are other people in the kitchen.

Though. I will be making an effort to eat my high calorie carbohydrates early in the morning( as early as 5 am so I can wake up and cook before everyone else is awake ).

A few other questions.

1. Do all nighters( Staying up all night ) prevent the muscles from growing. Do any of you bodybuilders ever pull all-nighters or is that frowned upon in the bodybuilding business?

2. Eh. I was going to ask if eating right before bed has any negative effects. But I think there was a thread about that,.

Well. I'm off. My food is cooking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:54 pm 
Elephant

Sunday rest day.

Just an update of my typical day-to-day diet.

Morning: So far only half-a-bag of Pasta, Half-Pound Tofu cube and a few tomatoes( Kosher Salt added ).

Lunch: Almonds.

Dinner: A full carton( Half Galon ) of soymilk and 4 Bananas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:13 pm 
Manatee

Dr. Pink wrote:
7 sets of 7 with 10 pound weights( Not sure what there called. Imagine me spreading my arms out like a bird, holding the weights.

You mean lateral raises I think

Dr. Pink wrote:
5 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( I think there called chest/bicep double curls. Hiold them out in front of the stomach and lift up to the chest both at a time )

Yep Bicep curls

Dr. Pink wrote:
2 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( Lifting over head with my arms spread out. Whatever that's called ).

Sounds like Shoulder Press

Dr. Pink wrote:
What's a good meal to eat before a workout?( So I don't get too dizzy like I am now slightly )

A good meal is complex carbs, so some bread or oatmeal(my fav) is great. if your workout is long then some juice while lifting might help.
Dr. Pink wrote:
Alright. Abs time and I'm done for the day( And tomorrow too since Sunday is considered universal rest for all my muscles )

1 set of 25 crunches and 1 set of 25 inverted crunches

I'm going to start a food blog too. So that way I can keep track of what I'm eating and perhaps make some improvements.

Right now I'll just incorporate what's for dinner.

Pasta( Half-Bag ) Tofu( Half box ) and 4 tomatoes( Trying to axe out soy sauce ).

I did the math too. 45 Grams of Protein, 1110 Calories and 14 Grams of fat.

Granted I really shouldn't be eating this late at night( 10:23 ) but I'll do my best to make sure I move around plenty. I probably won't be sleeping tonight as I have a lot to organize. I'm going to organize a fitness routine, a food routine and so on.

Try to eat smaller meals, that's a little much for one sitting unless you're bulking.

Dr. Pink wrote:
A few other questions.

1. Do all nighters( Staying up all night ) prevent the muscles from growing. Do any of you bodybuilders ever pull all-nighters or is that frowned upon in the bodybuilding business?

2. Eh. I was going to ask if eating right before bed has any negative effects. But I think there was a thread about that,.

Well. I'm off. My food is cooking.

1. Sleep is when muscles grow and the body recovers, sleep is the third side of the triangle(lift-eat-sleep-repeat). Make sure you sleep enough, it'll make you feel better too.

2. Some people have trouble sleeping if they eat before bed, but it's not a huge factor other then that. better to eat late then go to bed hungry.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:28 pm 
Elephant

It helped a lot. Thanks Wobbly. :D.

And bulking. That's what's typically called combined weight lifting and eating a lot to build massive muscle right? That's what I'm going for. I'm not really aiming for anything psychotic like a 300 pound looking bodybuilder. Something like Robert Cheeks current size( Or Vin Disel ). But more ripped. I'll stop bulking once I get to be Roberts size and then focus on definition.

Also. I have a pretty big appetite.Heck. That meal I described( The 1110 calorie Pasta dish with Tofu and tomatoes ) only filled me up half-way and only for a few hours. I was dead hungry when I awoke the next morning.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next