This is really fun

Yesterday was a bike commute day. I love riding my bike. It's like flying. last night it was freezing 'cuz i wasn't dressed for it. But the moon was waxing almost full and I was moving, slinging myself around corners, floating up hills... it really took the edge off a hard day.

Yesterday's food

2 tsp miso

coffee/soy

some green beans

some cherry tomatoes

a zucchini, a tomato, and a veg sausage

some more tomatoes and green beans with a little salsa

5ish blue corn chips (I could really taste the oil in them)

a bowl of broccoli, tomato, ginger, and jalapeño with a veg burger

2 cups of popcorn

a pickle

1 tsp flax

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday: long ass workday at 2 jobs so no workout at all, and pretty usual food, except I grubbed on a lot of rice cakes when I got home. It may have been emotional eating but i've been craving carbs so bad all week. I think it might also have to do with needing extra energy to fight this cold.

Today: 30 minutes running. I'm pretty proud of myself. My self-confidence is better, I feel strong, I love that my body can do what I ask it to do, it's all so good. Today I was feeling so yucky till I got to the gym. Two days away is too long.

So here's where I'm at right now, today's workout

30 mins elliptical (fast) 30 mins running (5.7-6.7) 5 minutes walking (cool down @ 3.5) 3 supersets of bicep curl (20 @ 20#) and tricep extension (20 @ 40#) dip machine (1 set 15x135#, 2 sets 15x120#) 100 front crunches, 50 to each side, then a cool down stretch.

Ok not too shabby for a basic workout but looking at it I see I should prob spend more time with weights. I do now if I have time... god, these past few weeks have been murder... at this point I think it's more important to just get basic work done in a way that's going to be easy to sustain as a lifetime kind of habit.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

4 celeries

a green pepper

a ton of herb tea and a crappy sugarfree soda

a zucchini, a tomato, and a veg sausage

2 rice cakes

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of ing okra and a veg burger

some sugarless candy

Edited by vivalasvegans

I know, Tasha! I'm still fighting it!

Workout: 30 minutes again .

It's almost time for me to start running outside. I'm scared to. But maybe this break isn't the right time to start... a bunch of guests will be staying here, and all the holiday activity... idk... i have to think about this.

Food:

2 tsp miso

celery, tomato, and ginger

vega w/ water

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

mixed veggies and 2 veg burgers (bok choy, mushroom, carrot, celery, pepper, ginger)

4 cups of popcorn

1 tsp flax

sugarless candy

Well, Saturday's workout:

30 mins elliptical (fast) 30 mins running (5.7-6.7) 5 walking (cooldown 3.5) 3 @ 15x30 lateral raise 3 @ 15x30 shoulder press 3 @ 15x40 incline shoulder press 100 crunches, 50 x2 side crunches 20 more front crunches

Yesterday's workout:

30 mins elliptical (fast) 30 mins running (5.7-7.0) 5 walking (cooldown 3.5) 3 @ 20x40 tricep extension 3 @ 20x20 bicep curl then i did some core work but a yoga class was startting and it was empty! so I went! not the best yoga practice (it was freezing in there and my nose was stuffy) but it was pretty unchallenging still.

Yesterday's food:

coffee, soy

1/2 vega bar

WORKOUT

hot herbal tea

chopped celery, tomato, and ginger

vega w/ h20

2 tomatoes

3 cups of popcorn

plain veggies from subway (including a few olive slices)

2 veg burgers

MmMm I did eat some pretty good things on Thanksgiving... there's gonna be alot of people staying here for the holidays, so we shall see how that goes. I already know my motherly instincts are gonna kick in, as well as my poverty wage budget, AND my old cultural habit of always having a ton of all different kinds of food for the guests around... should be interesting.

I don't wanna say what gym I go to out loud on the interwebs, so I'll give you a hint, I bet you can figure it out, Tasha. If you can't, I'll just PM you or you could ask robert. The hint is... people there like to work out to the max. Get it?

Yesterday: no gym, no nothing (except a walk to pick up some heavy bags of donations for work.) I figured I needed a down day to finally kick this cold I can't seem to shake, and what better day to do it than when all the fools who can't drive in the snow are out driving in the snow? So I got a bottle of zinc and camped out on the couch. I did need it. I feel better already, not all the way yet though.

Food:

2 tsp miso

some baby lettuce and stuff

some celery and tomato

vega w/ h20

4 cups of popcorn (while watching the soaps!)

a bunch of parsley, a jalapeño, and 2 veg burgers

a few cocoa nibby things

I sent you a PM.

This cold just doesn't want to let go of me. I'm pretty sure it has to do with me, and not the virus. I probably have been overextending myself. Nothing new.

Writing down all my food did help in the days leading up to thanksgiving, I plan on logging it in detail while company's here. I'll pick a day to have some treats, and work my meal plans around that in advance. I can do this, I think, I hope.

I'm pretty happy with my results so far. I'm getting a lot stronger all around, which is what I'm after, and in the process losing fat, which is nice. My running is progressing, so maybe I can actually race this spring. One thing that feels kind of narcissistic... I'm really starting to love how my biceps look!

30 minutes on the treadmill again, upped the speed for longer. It felt good!

Food:

2 tsp miso

1 cup jicama

4 stalks of celery

1 red pepper

a lot of herb tea

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, a veg sausage

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

a bowl of spinach and 2 veg burgers

some cocoa nib things

a tsp of flax when I get my butt off the couch

WORKOUT

People were odd at the gym today. This one woman almost knocked me over trying to get to the last available treadmill. Then I was supersetting on these 2 machines that were next to each other, and this guy came over and yelled and swore at me while I was lifting. I felt bad. But I think he was having problems, aside from his weird fashion issues.

Food:

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

a tomato, a green pepper, and a veg burger

random celery in the afternoon

a tomato

2 cups of popcorn

mixed veggies and a veg burger

a tsp of flax next time i go into the kitchen

Still at 30 minutes of running... taking it a bit faster for longer toward the end. Lifting was not easy today. Abs were, and i was very stretchy, probably because i was relatively relaxed

I'm still feeling afraid to take the running outside because:

i'm afraid i'll get bored

i'm afraid i'll go too far and get stuck far away from where i start and it will take too much time

i'm afraid i'll reinjure myself and get stuck and be helpless

i'm afraid i'll look stupid

i'm afraid i can't do it

I got to think about how to address these fears. Boredom and time efficiency have always been big deals for me, and if I reinjure myself, I'm gonna be really sad. Though the more I think about these, the more I see that break is a great time to start running outside.

Food:

2 tsp miso

coffee, soy

1 cup jicama

1 red pepper

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

1 zucchini, 1 tomato, 1 veg sausage

3 cups popcorn

some artichoke hearts, a tomato, and a veg burger

1 tsp flax

I got to think about how to address these fears. Boredom and time efficiency have always been big deals for me, and if I reinjure myself, I'm gonna be really sad. Though the more I think about these, the more I see that break is a great time to start running outside.

Do you have an old injury?

If so what got injured ? What do you mean by time efficiency ?

I would just get out there and not even think about it. Especially if you want to do it..

If you don't then you should be proud of yourself for what you did. Instead of focusing on what you should of been doing. Not many people can do what you're doing.

The only excuse I would say is it's too darn cold out there to start running alone.

You're doing a great job, Keep it up VV

To take away the boredom, you should bring your music with you outside when you're running.

Tasha, yep I'm working around injuries. I got run over on my bike... the main ones are my leg and parts of my back, i'm mostly working around my leg. By time efficiency always having been important to me, it's just that as a working, student, mom trying to make a healthy lifestyle for my vegan family, I've gotten into the habit of relying on really high time efficiency things and intense multitasking. I got my gym workout to a point where I can zip in and out of there pretty quickly after work (or between jobs.) Getting stuck somewhere after running and having to find my way home would really mess up my juju.

Jaleel! I love that video! I don't have any problems doing some things I'm afraid to do, but others... You're right, and insightful, I do think about stuff too much (but fuck nike with their just do it slogan.) That's exactly the kind of motivation I need though. I think I'll have more success if I realy ask myself what's under my fears, and address them, which I'll probably write about later today, and then not think about it. The artichokes are trader joe's frozen artichoke hearts. Just heat em and eat em like candy.

Friday workout:

Pretty fun, but my lower back was talking to me, so I goofed around with some other core kind of work. Bicep tricep day. I made running even faster.

Food:

1 tsp miso

coffee w/ soy, half a vega bar

WORKOUT

2 veg sausages with a tomato, a green pepper, and a piece of celery

4 rice cakes

random celery

1 tsp ground flax

some green beans and a veg burger

Tasha, yep I'm working around injuries. I got run over on my bike... the main ones are my leg and parts of my back, i'm mostly working around my leg. By time efficiency always having been important to me, it's just that as a working, student, mom trying to make a healthy lifestyle for my vegan family, I've gotten into the habit of relying on really high time efficiency things and intense multitasking. I got my gym workout to a point where I can zip in and out of there pretty quickly after work (or between jobs.) Getting stuck somewhere after running and having to find my way home would really mess up my juju.

Geeze wiz. Way to go super mom.

How did your accident happen?

http://www.expertees.com/images/featured-super-mom-shield-tshirts.jpg

Thanks, that's such a nice thing to say. I'm not super by any means though.

I've had a couple crashes while riding, broke some ribs one time. This bad one happened during a commute time. Some guy decided he needed to get to happy hour regardless of traffic signals. I'll tell you more in person.... Which reminds me tasha! I think we were at the gym at the same time the other day! (Friday!) I might walk there today... anyone over there up for it?

Yesterday workout: No movement at all except walking around freddies for 3 hours. Omg I feel like a slug.

Yesterday food:

1 tsp miso

a couple pieces of celery

celery and tomato with vega and water

6 rice thins

green salad with authentic delicious smoked chiles on top

a bowl of spinach with a veg burger

some cocoa nibs

a tsp of flax

OMG i need to move. Regardless of the weather tomorrow, I'm going to do something... If worse comes to worse I'm gonna put my bike on the trainer.

Today's food:

1 tsp miso

celery with ginger

3 rice thins

zucchini ribbons and a tomato with a veg burger

more celery

a tsp pf flax

a bowl of broccoli

a tomato and a pickle with a veg burger

3 cups of popcorn

Walked to the mall today even though it would have been no problem to drive. I ended up being there for most of the day, drinking 2 cups of coffee, and eating about 3/4 of a thing of breath mints from old navy. All in all a spectacularly healthy day. I kept telling myself the walk to the mall was a good mental warm up for running outside, and I shouldn't go back and get the car, Lucky I had someone to walk home with!

Food:

1 tsp miso

3 rice thins, a piece of celery, and a tsp of ground flax

coffee, breath mints, and more coffee

some zucchini, a tomato, and 2 veg sausages

about 7 rice thins and some celery

some broccoli and a veg burger

1/2 cup of popcorn

Made it to the gym today! We were like a couple of Odysseuses trying to get up there...and no matter how long or how fast I ran, I could not get warm! Oh well, totally worth the trip. Was a deltoid day.

Food:

1 tsp miso

a couple tomatoes and a couple celeries

1 scoop vega w/ h2o, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger.(it was delicious)

2 rice thins

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

2 rice thins

some broccoli and a veg burger

2 cups of popcorn

some ground chocolate with water and stevia, next time will make it with peppermint tea (5 calories)

a bowl of spinach, our winter odyssey made me so hungry...

Hey VV How was your Christmas ? Great to see you're still training with a minor set back with this weather.

They say that this is it for snow here. So it'll be great to be back to normal again. But I will miss the snow.

The hard part of it now is the melting.

I still have your shirt with your name on it.

Are you going to be at the gym today?

I'll PM you for a meet up or stop by here to pick it up

Hey Tasha, did you make it to the gym today? I was amazed at how crowded it was... all those people using their new christmas presents! It looks like you had a fun christmas! We had fun over here too...a nice, chill, good time.

Gym today: regular workout, took trimet to get there. I'm not going to start running outside till the streets clear... also I think i'm getting a little sick again.

Food today:

It was really hard to eat my usual today, i think partly because i ended up going most of the day without food and i was out in the weather (i walked home from the mall again.) It's getting near that munchy time of the month too. Tomorrow will be better.

9 a couple cups of coffee with soy

11 WORKOUT

1:30 1/2 vega bar

5:30 2 veg burgers with blended broccoli and ginger

some bites of stuffing

some baby greens and a tomato

quite a bit of popcorn

9:30 a zucchini, a tomato, a veg burger

some of a granola bar and 2 bites of brownie

OK this is not how I usually roll... i never eat brownies - i'm going to eat some flax now.

Tasha! I looked all over for you, even in that class... sorry I missed ya, hope to catch you tomorrow, girlfriend.

Usual workout today, except my back was still bothering me a bit so I just screwed around on my core work with M, and I felt bad abut staying any longer because H's new tattoo was bothering her.

Food:

Random celery and a tomato

a scoop of vega with some water

coffee, soy

WORKOUT

1/2 vega bar

some celery, a tomato, and a couple mushrooms

some fresh baby greens and a veg burger

something like a cup of popcorn

some blenderized cauliflower and a jalapeño, with a tsp of powdered chocolate, dill, allspice, and basil over a veg burger

3 cups of popcorn, which i'm not so happy about

Yeah I was hoping we would of ran into you too. What time did you get there at?

Lean and Green and thendanisays came out with me. So we arrived a little later. I was on one of the tredmills pretty much the whole time. Lean and Green was lifting and thendanisays was doing a killer circuit training.

I hope to run into you one day. Maybe if I go with Robert it'll be easier to find you

Take care