Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: weight training [in progress]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:38 pm 
Gorilla

THU started with the frequent cardio routine since no work. Continued with that today and hit delts and biceps. For some reason my ribs and ribcage both are tender when I breath in deeply. Also I feel a slight chest congestion; no idea if this is a remnant from the allergic attack or if I'm experiencing a cold. I haven't been sick in a long while now, so no idea.

THU morning woke up and had to force myself to eat breakfast. Then threw it all back up about 15 mins after. Haven't threw up in ages, so I might be sick *shrug* Anyway, gonna continue on like nothings wrong since I don't want to have a repeat poor weigh in performance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 pm 
Gorilla

Slaughtered legs this morning to the point where sitting on the can caused major quad trembling...woot! I think going slow and controlled on the hamstring negative did it. Going to make sure that I finish off leg days with that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:57 pm 
Gorilla

Almost forgot to mention...IT'S THE "1st Of The Month" - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:04 am 
Gorilla

Weight: 201lbs @ 21.1% (42.4 lbs fat)

Looks like everything is back on track, fat down to were I was before the plague. Interval cardio + 4 - 20 min walk (~3.5miles x4) + workout...

Tomorrow morning is chest; found a crazy cool stair stepper machine, the one that Ronnie Coleman used in Redemption at his home gym. I am so going to jump on that machine and yell, "YEAH BUDDY" and freak out the old people!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:03 am 
Gorilla

Oops didn't realize it was that long between posts. Routine hasn't changed other than legs. Been doing leg presses supersetted with calf raises. Then stretching hams and quads and hit sumo-style leg presses with wide angled stance where knees come past my shoulders. Then of course I finish it off with quad raises supersetted with ham curls. At the end, my legs were super tight and engorged. Pretty sexy :wink:

That was on the 1st, hitting that routine tomorrow morning. As for today, I spent 1 hour on the elliptical, then went 5 mins in reverse on 7 resistance to stretch out the hams and gluts. That was in the morning, after watching some football, headed back into the gym before closing and hit that Stair Stepper thing for 30mins.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:43 am 
Gorilla

Totally spaced putting what days I do what or even what exercises I do. Not like it's that important at this point but here goes.

MON - Legs
TUE - Chest
WED - Back
THU - Delt/Tricep
FRI - Biceps

I do cardio everyday, guaranteed 15 mins post work-out. If I am not scheduled to go into work, I'll hit the 15 mins every hour on the hour routine. Mainly I feel it out when it comes to cardio. I have an idea when need to go insane on the cardio.

As for lifting, last post gives you an idea on legs. Chest I do a circuit where I line up 3 benches and hit incline, flat, then decline--all with the same dumbs. Then I take a long rest and finish it off with an alternating flys and press every rep. That finishes my chest days which are normally very quick. I don't hit barbells as I'm find that this chest routine gives me a more rounded chest.

Back day, I start off with bent-over barbell rolls. Topped that off with T-Bar rows. Then start a shrug session which is normally heavy barbell shrugs. Then I do a superset of front dumbbell shrugs with rear dumbbell shrugs until failure. The reason I start this off before doing any lat work is my traps tend to engage. So I fatigue them before I work lats. Then I hit lat session which is Bent-arm pullovers with a barbell then wide grip pull up, rear pull up, lastly close grip underhand chin ups.

Delt/Tricep day is seated rounded delt raises, front raises, side raises, then finished off with shoulder raises. Rather simple and quick but in a circuit. Then I hit triceps with dips, overhead extensions, cable pulldowns and lastly barbell skullcrushers.

Biceps I do at home, since it's the end of the week and I want to make sure to go insane on cardio. I find that if I hit cardio hard then go slow and control with my bicep workout that I achieve a pump way quicker, since my heart rate is already increased. So my bicep routine is rather simple; I go wide grip on an Ez-curl bar with a 10-plate and a 5-plate on each side. I do the Ronnie Coleman partial contractions routine. Where you basically do 7-rep partial lower, 7-rep partial upper, then finish it off with 7-rep full contractions. Of course I don't do it as fast as Ronnie, as I am focusing on each and every contraction. Then after that I rest and hit the same thing with a closed grip so I can get the outer head of the bicep. Then if I am feeling up to it, I'll do some forearm work. Usually my forearms are super tight at this point so I don't mess with them.

Ok again other than the bicep and shrugs, I won't post weights. Since let's face it, how much I can lift doesn't help anyone else out when they are putting together a routine. Also I am not out to prove how much I can lift. I've got days I will test my max. I've got days I will increase the weight. I've got days where I will go light and really focus on form and full muscle contractions.

Anyway, it's time for bed. Cannot wait to slaughter my legs tomorrow morning!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:50 pm 
Elephant

LocalBrada wrote:
Almost forgot to mention...IT'S THE "1st Of The Month" - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

They are one thing that some Clevelanders are proud about.

Last edited by John V on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:55 pm 
Elephant

LocalBrada wrote:
sumo-style leg presses with wide angled stance where knees come past my shoulders.
Now that Akebono retired you can take his place on the beach.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:14 pm 
Gorilla

John V wrote:
LocalBrada wrote:
sumo-style leg presses with wide angled stance where knees come past my shoulders.
Now that Akebono retired you can take his place on the beach.

Akebono was and still is one of my favorite rikishi. I remember when he made it into the makunouchi. And I have to say I was very sad when I saw his danpatsushiki. The retiring of someone that great was something very emotional. I think I still have the ceremony on VHS...yeah I know VHS is old, but my friend Ken down in Seattle would tape the basho for me off of TBS rebroadcast and mail it to me up in Barrow. Darn that's something I miss!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:20 pm 
Elephant

LocalBrada wrote:
I know VHS is old
I've still got the first seasons of "Yo, MTV Raps" on Beta! 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:14 pm 
Gorilla

Yeah I've got 4 huge boxes of sumo on VHS. Just to save space I should get them converted to DVD, but I don't own a VCR or a TV anymore...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:44 pm 
Gorilla

Attacked legs today and also did triceps. For some reason I felt like I needed to hit triceps rather hard. Did a ton of stretching after each and every set. Other than that nothing outta the ordinary.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 am 
Gorilla

Weight: 206.5lbs @ 20.5% (42.3 lbs fat)

Not much fat lost (-0.1 lbs) but excellent gain in muscle (+5.6 lbs), which is to be expected with my 3k cal a day. I'd like to be losing more fat, but I can't complain with that kinda muscle gain. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and see where it takes me. I definitely don't feel comfortable dropping below 200lbs, so this might be the way to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 pm 
Gorilla

Today was chest routine; woke up with a sore stomach in addition the weight room had two others there. So I went rather light and was unable to setup the three benches for my circuit. I'll probably do some bench work at the house before I head into work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:11 pm 
Rabbit

I never could get into the whole gym thing because of that. It always seemed like I had to either sit and wait for a machine, or rush because someone was waiting for me to finish. BTW thanks for the sand bag idea, genus! I am going to pick up a few empty sand bags this weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next