Pink's Pink-Tastic journey to Pink-sexyness =P

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh haven't updated in a while.

I had a really intense workout helping Grandma move out of her house into ours. Worked pretty much all day. So my muscles are still a bit tired.

Lifted some pretty heavy things too. So muscles got a fair bit of good lifting.

Thanks Wobbly. I'll start doing that on Monday.

Gosh. I've really been slow with these updates. Ever since Grandma moved in I've just been getting things organized and whatnot. I'm going full-on now with the weights. I got myself a new pair that I found at Grandma's. A 10 pound dumbbell set.

Here's what I did tonight...

7 sets of 7 with 10 pound weights( Not sure what there called. Imagine me spreading my arms out like a bird, holding the weights.

5 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( I think there called chest/bicep double curls. Hiold them out in front of the stomach and lift up to the chest both at a time )

2 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( Lifting over head with my arms spread out. Whatever that's called ).

A few suggestions on a decent level to start at with these weights would be much appreciated.

What's a good meal to eat before a workout?( So I don't get too dizzy like I am now slightly )

Alright. Abs time and I'm done for the day( And tomorrow too since Sunday is considered universal rest for all my muscles )

1 set of 25 crunches and 1 set of 25 inverted crunches

I'm going to start a food blog too. So that way I can keep track of what I'm eating and perhaps make some improvements.

Right now I'll just incorporate what's for dinner.

Pasta( Half-Bag ) Tofu( Half box ) and 4 tomatoes( Trying to axe out soy sauce ).

I did the math too. 45 Grams of Protein, 1110 Calories and 14 Grams of fat.

Granted I really shouldn't be eating this late at night( 10:23 ) but I'll do my best to make sure I move around plenty. I probably won't be sleeping tonight as I have a lot to organize. I'm going to organize a fitness routine, a food routine and so on.

The reason why I cook so late at night is due to my family. I live in a house filled with Omnivores. And to top it off I'm Germaphobic and OCD. So I hate to cook when there are other people in the kitchen.

Though. I will be making an effort to eat my high calorie carbohydrates early in the morning( as early as 5 am so I can wake up and cook before everyone else is awake ).

A few other questions.

1. Do all nighters( Staying up all night ) prevent the muscles from growing. Do any of you bodybuilders ever pull all-nighters or is that frowned upon in the bodybuilding business?

2. Eh. I was going to ask if eating right before bed has any negative effects. But I think there was a thread about that,.

Well. I'm off. My food is cooking.

7 sets of 7 with 10 pound weights( Not sure what there called. Imagine me spreading my arms out like a bird, holding the weights.

You mean lateral raises I think

5 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( I think there called chest/bicep double curls. Hiold them out in front of the stomach and lift up to the chest both at a time )

Yep Bicep curls

2 sets of 10 with 15 pound weights( Lifting over head with my arms spread out. Whatever that's called ).

Sounds like Shoulder Press

What's a good meal to eat before a workout?( So I don't get too dizzy like I am now slightly )

A good meal is complex carbs, so some bread or oatmeal(my fav) is great. if your workout is long then some juice while lifting might help.

Alright. Abs time and I'm done for the day( And tomorrow too since Sunday is considered universal rest for all my muscles )

1 set of 25 crunches and 1 set of 25 inverted crunches

I'm going to start a food blog too. So that way I can keep track of what I'm eating and perhaps make some improvements.

Right now I'll just incorporate what's for dinner.

Pasta( Half-Bag ) Tofu( Half box ) and 4 tomatoes( Trying to axe out soy sauce ).

I did the math too. 45 Grams of Protein, 1110 Calories and 14 Grams of fat.

Granted I really shouldn't be eating this late at night( 10:23 ) but I'll do my best to make sure I move around plenty. I probably won't be sleeping tonight as I have a lot to organize. I'm going to organize a fitness routine, a food routine and so on.

Try to eat smaller meals, that's a little much for one sitting unless you're bulking.

A few other questions.

1. Do all nighters( Staying up all night ) prevent the muscles from growing. Do any of you bodybuilders ever pull all-nighters or is that frowned upon in the bodybuilding business?

2. Eh. I was going to ask if eating right before bed has any negative effects. But I think there was a thread about that,.

Well. I'm off. My food is cooking.

1. Sleep is when muscles grow and the body recovers, sleep is the third side of the triangle(lift-eat-sleep-repeat). Make sure you sleep enough, it'll make you feel better too.

2. Some people have trouble sleeping if they eat before bed, but it's not a huge factor other then that. better to eat late then go to bed hungry.

Hope this helps.

It helped a lot. Thanks Wobbly. .

And bulking. That's what's typically called combined weight lifting and eating a lot to build massive muscle right? That's what I'm going for. I'm not really aiming for anything psychotic like a 300 pound looking bodybuilder. Something like Robert Cheeks current size( Or Vin Disel ). But more ripped. I'll stop bulking once I get to be Roberts size and then focus on definition.

Also. I have a pretty big appetite.Heck. That meal I described( The 1110 calorie Pasta dish with Tofu and tomatoes ) only filled me up half-way and only for a few hours. I was dead hungry when I awoke the next morning.

And bulking. That's what's typically called combined weight lifting and eating a lot to build massive muscle right? That's what I'm going for. I'm not really aiming for anything psychotic like a 300 pound looking bodybuilder. Something like Robert Cheeks current size( Or Vin Disel ). But more ripped. I'll stop bulking once I get to be Roberts size and then focus on definition.

If you're trying to bulk, you need to eat way more than that and lift way more than that. Hell, I'm disabled and a woman and I'm lifting more than you (my goal is also to bulk). That should tell you something. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just sayin' that if I'm doing it with my setbacks and goals, you should be hitting it harder. I hear you don't have the resources to lift heavy...I hate to break it to you: you gotta lift big to get big. You can't have bulking as a goal while using 10lb weights. It doesn't work like that.

You should also eat more. That 1110 calorie dish you ate that you said filled you up half-way and also for a minimal amount of time should not have been followed up by a lunch of "almonds." You need to eat serious meals several times throughout the day.

I know. Believe me if I could I would eat a pound of pasta every two hours. I always try and buy as much as possible. I can easily lift big. It's eating big which I find hard to afford. Of course if I had a job this wouldn't be a problem. My current budget is roughly 20-30 dollars a week on food.

The 10 pound weights I have I only use for lateral raises( And from what I hear those require smaller weights then movements like bicep curls or shoulder presses.

Anyways. An update.

7 sets of 10 Lateral Raises with 10 pound weights.

8 sets of 10 bicep curls with 15 pound weights

2 sets of 10 shoulder presses with 15 pound weights

Well, you being broke and you eating pasta are two different things How so? Just downing a bunch of pasta isn't exactly going to help. It has its protein content and all that, but you should enjoy something more substantial that includes all your aminos. I suggest purchasing dry rice and dry beans. They will cost a little more, but a pound of dried beans prepared is more than a pound of dry noodles prepared, so it'll save you in the long run. Add some frozen veggies (usually $1 per pound) and your favorite seasonings, and enjoy.

I'm not sure why you're working shoulders and biceps again after just having worked shoulders and biceps in your previous session. They need time to grow, so you should be working other things. It's true that you typically need lighter weights to work your shoulders, but at the same time, you shouldn't just arbitrarily pick a light weight and do your reps...it still must be challenging. In my opinion (based on personal experience and research), you're doing far too many sets and reps. Bulking is done with low reps (5 or less) and high weight.

I know how frustrating it is to want to bulk and not be able to because, as a woman, I don't possess enough testosterone to really get big that fast...not as fast as I'd like. But your situation is different because you just aren't doing the right diet/exercise program to get the bulk you're looking for. Give it a shot...you've got nothing to lose.

Since you buy food at walmart

They have green lentils and split peas for 50 cents a bag. A bag is over 1000 calories and 100+ g good quality protein.

Learn to make lentil soup and split pea soup. You like to cook, buy the ingredients and there's a high protein meal.

Dr pink how much do you spend on other things that could be used on food? (clothes vid games etc)

I'd say those are really a luxury. The games I have now I only have from having sold a few of my older ones. And they only gave me store credit bacl D:.

They have green lentils and split peas for 50 cents a bag. A bag is over 1000 calories and 100+ g good quality protein.

Holy Shat. . That's a lot. I should check that out and possibly incorporate more of them in my diet. Two bags a day( One in the morning and one at night ). Can they be washed?

I'm not sure why you're working shoulders and biceps again after just having worked shoulders and biceps in your previous session. They need time to grow

I do that routine once every other day. Say I'll do it monday. The next routine will be done on Wednesday.

EDIT lol almost forgot to update.

Did about 70 Crunches while in the car. I was sitting in the back( The Way Back ) and figured since I had room might as well do crunches. so I did.

I'll also be incorporating 50 squats every other day like Blabbate said starting tonight. I really don't have many weight equipment for my legs. So I do bodyweight.

You're so paranoid.

Yes they can be washed, and you should wash them and check for stones that may be in them. Why wash something that's going to be cooked unless you are worried about pesticides?

get some taters bananas stuff like that is relatively inexpensive. Maybe some peanuts as well. Ditch the packaged food and you can save quite a bit of money.

I see what you mean. No more soymilk( And certainly no more Pasta at least not until I see better days lol ).

Well. Okay. Here's a mock-up diet plan( Won't be shopping until the food I have now runs out ).

A bag of lentils in the morning and a bag at night( 1 dollar a day and that would give me 2,000 calories and 200 grams of protein )

Bananas( Love em. Could personally eat like 5-10 a day. )

will probably stay away from Apples until I can buy Organic as sometimes they coat regular apples in beeswax.

Will work on adding more too. And a good vitamin supplement and protein powder once a month also a must.

Will update in an hour or so with an actual workout.

30 laterals with 10 pound weights

20-30 bicep curls and shoulder presses.

I won't be blogging about my progress anymore. I've since discovered that it's easier for me to do it when I'm not pressured to keep track of everything I do.

Instead I'll just update here and there with my overall progress. When I upgrade with my weights, and of course update with pictures.