Denise Nicole in Cinderella Shoes (aka seasiren)

Yesterday after the two cardio sessions, weight training:

Cleans ..... try not to laugh here. I have seen it done, but never actually have done them myself. With the use of some good mirrors and a REALLY detailed explanation, I mostly focused on form:

wu 12 @ 30 6 @ 50

Close Grip Barbell Bench wu 12 @ 30 9 @ 50 (hitting the upper range of my reps, so will prob bump weight next round)

Dumbbell Tri Ext 12 @ 12 , 12 @ 12 (hit the upper end, so def will boost weight)

Bench Dips wm @ 30

Feel good today Due for another 3 sessions today. Weighed in at 124 this morning, oh my! What's funny is I really don't look heavy (my norm weight is generally around 119 and 112 for comp), and my clothes still fit. So we shall see how this plays out. Again, I feel great, so staying the path and refusing the calorie drop.

Aside from the Dec magazine coming up, was just asked to do a shoot to be a tarot card.... wow... I must say I never envisioned doing a shoot to be a tarot card. Wondering which one they want me to be? Prob one of the bad one's rofl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to here you're putting your health first and taking care of yourself above anything else. Sounds like the doctor may have given you some information you weren't expecting. Are you able to tell us what you were diagnosed with or is it private? Normally I wouldn't ask, but you've always been so "no hold bar" about your life... I figured you'd share it if it isn't too private. If it's not something you wish to share, I TOTALLY understand

Again... I'm sure I'm pointing out the obvious to you again here... but it really is a calories in versus calories out game (along with the right macronutrient breakdown of course). I have obsessively studied the diets of figure competitors for years. One piece I've gathered from it is that it also comes down to how our own individual bodies respond. Two figure competitors could be on the exact same diet and have be the exact same height, weight, age, etc... but one could get away with 20 minutes of cardio a day... and the other would be holding fat at that little of cardio and she'd need to do an hour and a half a day to get it off. So if your taking in more calories now, obviously more cardio is necessary... along with then just being patient for your body to figure out what your doing different so it can properly adapt and let go of fat. I absolutely know you're capable of coming in exactly where you need to be because of your drive and discipline. Keep up the great work!

I think I have to do twice the cardio of most people to keep my weight in check because I probably messed my body up with yo-yo dieting for so many years. I can't help but be a little jealous of women who can get away with a lot less cardio to acheive and maintain a certain look. But hey... whatever it takes right!

Okay, I've gone off on a complete tangent... sorry! Just wanted to tell you I know you're gonna do what it takes because of your discipline!!!! Keep up the great work

Thanks I as well since I compete so much. Most of my trainers for comp in the past were high level competitors and competitors who are also judges. Using them as a guide has been wonderful in finding out how to work metabolism.

You have had great luck from what I have read in your journal with your approach. And results are everything!

I personally don't subscribe to the calories in and out, as I found out per my own health it was older school thinking. It prob will work with most. But some people have already screwed up their metabolism or are incapable of using some of the nutrients they take in. I believe genetics takes a huge roll in capabilities. I was taking in about 1100 cals and holding steady, would back off to 800 for comp AND raise cardio. With the new diet I take in around 1800. After the initial gain, I dropped nicely once my body adjusted. I had to find the proper combination that agreed with my body. Now with just an added 20 min of cardio I am having a nice steady drop and I have not reduced my calories. Many of my clients were yo-yo dieters or EDer's. I start with a "base line" (what works for most) and go from there. They can easily drop weight, feel full, curb cravings and not have to kill themselves daily in the gym. Funny thing is I may go into comp heavier then before, but am solid. Something I haven't been before. Will be interesting to see how I come in in the Spring, as right now it is way to early to tell.

I'll get into my now former health issues shortly. A VERY long story which has been playing out for over a year. Am completely in control over it. Again taking hold of my own health and knowing my own body. *finger crossed*

Diet is totally rocking! I feel so good on this, much better than I have in a very long time.

AM cardio 20 min.

PM weight training, today is leg day, so no afternoon cardio today.

LIFE STUFF BELOW (how does this play into training? Everything affects it in one way or another.) :

Everything is beginning to fall into place and I am finally beginning to settle. I really thing the new diet plan has not only helped my body, but my mind as well. Focusing has never been easier. And I don't sweat the small stuff anymore..... how cool is that?

WARNING another Mommy brag time ahead:

My children continue to amaze me and I have always pushed them to be themselves and pursue their dreams. My son is beginning to book back to back gigs with his grind core band, Dinosaurs Were In The Bible, (OK Mom, still doesn't get it.... but I'm totally behind him!) so much so, he may not be able to fly in to come visit as soon as I would like It seems after their initial appearance, they are being asked to do more and more. I am so very proud of him!

A couple of the Concert Posters (not for the easily offended):

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/danf2.jpg http://www.denisenicole.com/images/danf1.jpg

My daughter (future photo journalist), is growing up so fast. The fact that she grasps so much is being captured in the photography I have had the privilege of enjoying. Both such gifted individuals .... I swear I don't know where they got it!

This was on my daughters site:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/sam6.jpg

R E M E M B E R W H E N ; friends would never lie to you; getting high, meant on the swings; mom was your hero; &; dad was the only guy in your life; the only thing you got from boys, were cooties; the most painful thing in the world was scrapping your knee; race issues were about who could run faster; war was only a card game; wearing protection, meant your helmet; bitch meant a female dog; the only mistakes we made, were erasable; saying goodbye meant only until tomorrow; the only thing that could be broken, were toys; the girl that wore a skirt was called cute, not a slut; the only drug we knew of was cough medicine; your worst enemies were teachers &; siblings; the only thing you drank was juice; a "fun" day, was playing tag; &; most of all; remember when all we dreamed about, was growing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Busted butt rest of week and tan came in on time, so on Fri night decided to go to comp. Downside, was had nothing packed and came in lighter (regarding tan) since I did not have full days to really prep. BUT, originally was supposed to be last comp 'til spring and since I have been out July - Sept, I really, really, really wanted to get back on stage (did I say really? ).

Got up Sat VERY sick .... so laid down for a while more. Woke up and just knew I would beat myself up all winter, if I didn't go. So I through my stuff in a bag and ran out the door, really late .... no hair or make-up done at all! (somebody should write that down, lol) ANYWAY, turns out I wasn't the only one, made the drug testing time and the competitors meeting. Made it through and took second place and brought another dust collector home. .... no camera since I packed last min and forgot it (as well as my curling iron).

Reflection on comp: so very happy to get back on stage! The girls .... ALL of them! were very friendly at this one! Self criticism ... I would like to come into spring with more definition as well as come in tighter (read leaner) AND plan ahead more, and finally some of these orgs pose a bit diff....so I need to learn what each org prefers. This last minute stuff was not fun! Lastly, my tan was def off. Needed to be darker and more even IMO.

Where I was proud: I made it .... yay!, I went on stage like I owned it, so my stage presence is still there, I was very comfortable on stage, AND finally, even though I was not as defined as I would have liked to have been .... Since I went over to more of a PL routine, I must have gained size I didn't realize until I was there. My shoulders and back were quite a bit larger than the other gals (several mentioned it, which is pretty cool) .... not bad for one of those plant eater types , lol So all in all was quite happy to see even though I am not where I want to be, I am still making gains

But my daughter took some from her cell phone, lol ... as well as a "back stage video", so I'll see what I can do.

Was OK, but tired yesterday am beat today!!!!

Turns out they added one more comp to the schedule for Sat. But I was really lucky enough health wise to make this one, so .... have decided to wait until Spring

OK back to the grind ... preparing for Spring Comp season now!

Today is Chest, Shoulders, Triceps. So planned:

Bench Press

Incline Bench Press

Dumbbell Flyes

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Upright Barbell Rows

Lateral Raises

Skull Crushers

Dips

Thank you

I'm not looking forward to the cold this winter! brrrrrr! But I'm really looking forward to buckling down these next few months and dialing in my diet to suit me.

Was still really dragging all day yesterday, so gave decided to give myself one more day off. So yesterday's training is today and everything gets pushed back by one day.

I'll see what she has for on stage, but I think she said she recorded a portion of my actual routine (Barbie Girl music) .... but his is just walking back to dressing room. It's really blurry, but you can see the next class walking up after pumping off to the side, etc. ..... so kinda gives you a really brief glance at some of the behind the scenes.

Courtesy of my daughter cell phone:

http://www.youtube.com/denisenicoledotcom

Today:

Early AM: 20 min cardio

Late Morning:

Bent Over Rows 12 @ 40 10 @ 90 8 @ 90 6 @ 90 - would have been easier if my rack was up! Was not entirely thrilled working from the floor

Hammer Curls 12 @ 15 10 @ 15 8 @ 20 6 @ 20 easier then I thought so bumping the weight next round

Ab Pull Ins w/Dumbbell 12 @ 8 10 @ 8 8 @ 12 6 @ 12 First timer on this one, so positioning the dumbbell was a little tricky, so I kept the weight down. Was getting it by the end, so will bump this one as well

Dumbbell Bench Pull Overs 12 @ 20 10 @ 25 8 @ 30 6 @ 35 was a bit surprised on this one. I normally only due widow maker sets, so didn't realize I could have pulled more weight. Def bumping weight next round, possible quite a bit more

Barbell Curls 12 @ 40 10 @ 40 8 @ 40 6 @ 40 hmmmm... beginning to see a pattern here Def a weak body part here!

Dumbbell Side Bends 12 @ 20 10 @ 25 8 @ 30 6 @ 35 First timer on this one too. Also surprised, I could of pulled more weight off, but may need to strap in .... darn arthritis was kicking in and I suspect will get worse as temp drops

Shrugs 12 @ 30 10 @ 35 8 @ 35 6 @ 35 Also not a norm one generally was afraid to bump since I could really feel this one. If recovery is smooth, will do so next time

Weighted crunches - 25 lb plate 12 reps 10 reps 8 reps 6 reps no issue here, prob gonna switch to a higher rep deal here. I'm short torso-ed so a 25lb plate pretty much covers me as it is, I will not be able to really handle a larger plate on this one.

stretching

On meal 3 .... and feeling really really full! lol Most likely since I am back in training mode and really pushing the water intake.

Moving Leg Day back to Friday (tomorrow) since my weekend is booked solid. So weekend "recovery" .... although not sure on the recovery part since I will be going going going all weekend long!

OMG I am soooooo sore today!

Today Leg Day

Still no rack, so def need to get that up ASAP ESPECIALLY before next leg day. With no spotter, it is simply impossible to squat with adequate weight.... I can't get the bar in position without assistance from the rack or someone.

That being said:

Squats (too embarrassed to say how much ... see above) but 12reps -10 reps-8 reps -6 reps

Calf machine not put back together yet either (makes another note)

So Standing calf raised with the barbell 12-10-8-6

Straight Leg Dead lifts 12 @ 40 10 @ 40 8 @ 90 6 @ 90

Leg Extensions 12 @ 25 10 @ 50 8 @ 75 6 @ 100

Dumbbell Lounges .... haven't done these in forever... hated it ever step (hehe) So will def keep them in routine 12-10-8-6 each side with a pair of 15s

Another round of Standing Calf Raises with the pair of 15s 12-10-8-6

stretching

Legs are exhausted. Next week RACK MUST BE UP!!!!!!

Looks like a long weekend so I'll be going all the time! Girls having a friend over tonight + errands and one of the kids needs ice hockey equipment to play game on Sun. Work in the AM Sat, off to the cider mill for the remainder of the day for pumpkin hunting, a corn maze? and fresh cider (yay!) Drop off kids to all nighter at youth group. Sunday pick up very tired kids at 6AM, church, kids hockey game, and membership meeting at church .... after I make dinner and get kids ready for school, sit down and watch the football game at 8.... I hope!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
aaawwww... I wanna live in a place where they do pumpkin picking, corn maizes and cider!!!! I lived in Rhode Island for 3 years and I soooo miss stuff like that. I'm just a small town girl at heart. Its little things like that that make me happiest Have fun!!!

We had a blast! They had a haunted barn, three mazes, tractor ride through the apple orchard, and some amazing decorations

OK still around, lol .... as per usual lots going on in the way of my career, etc.

Bring everything a little up to date here:

Sun Warrior is my newest sponsor ... I went back and forth with protein companies courting me, and when sun warrior asked me I was thrilled! A vegan company (yay) and one I can stand behind 100% . I love their protein, yummy and no bloating or heavy feeling after!

One of the Harley Davidson's has contacted me for a sponsorship too. Am negotiating now, but they want pics and I need some REAL instruction. I'm doing a lot more bike type promos, so they must have found me there or knew about me being in easy rider magazine for Dec.

more later....

Training:

Monday: cardio

Tuesday: was cardio too (wanted to work out but was way too freaking cold in the garage to do so! Tower was moved into my bedroom last night .... I think it adds to the decor personally

Wed:

weighted crunches - 3 sets

weighted lower abs with dumbbell on bench -3 sets

Incline Bench: wu, set, rp

Military Press: wu, set, rp, wm

Rear Delts: wm

Closed Grip Tri: wu, set, rp

stretching

Today: cardio

OK with the encouragement of so many persons and finally on of the heads who said I could take this thing all the way since I had the genetics (thank you Mom & Dad), I have decided to compete in the NPC as well as continue with my natural comps (both polygraphed (that's the important factor) AND drug tested)

Basically what that means is I will be stepping on the stage as a fully drug free natural competitor, I can not say the same for those I am competing against. As well as being *gasp* vegan and high raw.

The goal is to do just what I was told, take this thing all the way!!!! I'm talking qualifying compete for Pro in 2010!

So, stay tuned as I bust my butt on this thing and prove that it can be done ... natural and vegan!

Go for it! You can do it! We'll all be cheering you on.

Thank-you Hun!

Still finding it difficult to get all my meals down. I'm stuffed!

Training:

weighted ab crunches - 3 sets

lower abs on bench with dumbbell between feet - 3 sets

Seated, Standing, and Rocking, calves 3 -sets

Lying Leg Curls wu, 15, rp

Squats wu, 10, 8, 6, 4

Adductors 3 sets 30, wm

stretching

OK .... off to find a freaking coat that isn't horribly ugly and the hardest (who knew) no leather, wool, down or fur .... it is insane here!!!! I can't find a freaking coat

• 4 weeks later...

Monday:

Incline BB Bench Press wu 15, 10, RP 12

Military Press wu 15, 10, RP 11, wm (didn't complete them.... just not happening!)

Side Delt Raises 30

CG Tricep wu 15, 10, RP 15

stretching

Tues: Rest

Wed:

DC Claves

Lying Leg Curls wu 30, 15, rp 15

Squats wu 15, 8, 6, 4

Adductors 3 sets 30, wm 50

stretching

Been REALLY REALLY Hard getting all my food in, I am just not hungry at all!!!!! Preparing several shakes in the AM should help me to just pound em down!

Went over to Windsor Sat evening, first time in Canada and first time eating Ethiopian Food. Windsor is beautiful! And the food was simple amazing

Finally got back on facebook, they delete me almost a year ago? for having too many friends.... weird. Anyway, Canadian BBer saw I was up that way and contacted me, asked me to come up to work out with him. After seeing his vid, I'm thinking there is no way in hell I can train with him! But maybe I can get a vid of it .... so everyone can get a nice laugh! lol

He seems like a Sweetie:

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/abiad/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4KXlJwDb_A&eurl=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=53264233&feature=player_embedded

Oh forgot ... dropping for shoot. The tarot card thing turned into another shoot (bonus deck or something), going to be Aphrodite And then have to do some shoots for private parties wanting car and motorcycle stuff..... going to knock it out all at once!

ALL of my weights, bars and equipment are inside now!!! Yay!

Yesterday:

cardio 20min

Pullovers wm 50

WG Pull Downs wu15, 10, Static 12

BB T-Bar Rows 12-6-6-6

Preacher Curls wu30, 15, RP 15

Hammer Curls wm 30

stretching

Today: cardio 20 min

Yesterday's eating, still a bit off track, leftovers Thanks giving in the AM, but almost back on track by afternoon, however, missed 1 meal

Today: on track!

The BBer's from facebook keep riding my case on the meals as well, so having people on my case in force, keeps it pounded in my head! lol

ALL of my weights, bars and equipment are inside now!!! Yay!

It must be so nice to be able to train at home!

I work weird hours so it's hard to get to the gym around the same time of day to train. But you've got 24 hour access...awesome!

Hey Hun! Yes, I love training at home

Yesterday:

20min Cardio

Today:

Flys wu15, 10, static 11

Seated DB Shoulder Press wu15, 10, static 12

Side Delt Raises wm 30

Skull Crusher wu15, 10, static 15

stretching

I'm in Easy Riders Magazine's Fox Hunt this issue if you are not offended, I would appreciate your vote.

You can vote on their website. I think it would be pretty cool having a vegan in a magazine where the leather clad is the norm..... They already have some great vegan riding gear available, would love to see it continue to grow

• 3 weeks later...

Last chance to vote (see link above)! Just a few more days left. A big thank you to everyone who has thus far

Here is the link: WARNING NOT WORK FRIENDLY

http://www.easyriders.com/foxhunt/index.cfm?id=B0F7FB5C-1372-25CB-952ED27988CE8E74

Denise from Michigan #0102 of course

Thanks for your support!

The full photo is available on the stand in the magazine .... Easy Riders.

Jumping in.... OK not mentioned it because I wasn't sure how it would pan out, and still don't. But as of today I am 15 days Raw. I don't know if this is a permanent change, but I know it works for me to date, so the jury is still out. I went through fogginess, skin irritations (looked like I was recovering from a sunburn as my skin was peeling .... and I had no sun!), and more to breaking through and feeling "normal" .... in other words, no super high energy burst, no low energy.... just normal. That's huge for me!

I hope it continues, but really to early to tell.

Am cutting for a shoot, yet still hit a PB yesterday on closed stance squats, and I'm floored I did.

Mon:

Low Incline Dumbbell Chest Press wu15, 10, RP-12

DB Shoulder Press wu15, 10, RP-15

Side Delt Raises wm 30

Closed Grip Tricep Press wu15, 10, RP15

Tues:

20 min cardio

Abs

Wed:

DC Calves

LL Curls wu30, 15, RP-15

Closed Stance Squats wu15, 10, 8, 6, 4(PB)

Adductors 3 sets of 30, wm50

Today:

20 min cardio

Abs

Planning ahead for the raw food has been a challenge for me, but very welcomed as I learn to become more organized. I begin sprouting myself today as opposed to buying sprouts from the store. And learning to have enough, dips and dressings as well as planning anything that may go into the dehydrator ahead of time since it could take days to make (if I have to sprout, mix then dehydrate). But I am learning!

I DID have one slip up!!!! Was out and about the other day with a very sore mouth from just a dental cleaning, the salad bar was unappealing due to the thought of crunching the harder veggies, so I ordered the veggie burger and oven fries.... ditched the bread, but ate half the veg burger and a bit of the fries. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach! Not an enjoyable meal at all, so I will learn to have more items on hand next time ...lesson learned

WOW! Thank you so much everynone! I appreciate it

I DO NOT actively participate in voting contests which do not generate an income (so no worries that you will get plagued with "vote for me" at every turn for no reason). My modeling income helps to enable me to travel for public speaking events on fitness and nutrition. The more money I can generate the more I can spread the word!

For those who don't know it can take months, a year or more to get feedback from the magazines etc. Easy Riders Magazine took 1 year to get to this stage. If I get to the next I'll be on the cover and centerfold of (most likely) the June edition. So a lot of planning has to go in it.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/erider.jpg

Image in current edition (cropped for webfriendly use)

I am currently trying to finish this years bookings and traveling agenda. I'll post as I go just after the holidays, so hopefully I can meet up with several members on my travels.