Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Pink's Pink-Tastic journey to Pink-sexyness =P
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:37 pm 
Manatee

Dr. Pink wrote:
And bulking. That's what's typically called combined weight lifting and eating a lot to build massive muscle right? That's what I'm going for. I'm not really aiming for anything psychotic like a 300 pound looking bodybuilder. Something like Robert Cheeks current size( Or Vin Disel ). But more ripped. I'll stop bulking once I get to be Roberts size and then focus on definition.

If you're trying to bulk, you need to eat way more than that and lift way more than that. Hell, I'm disabled and a woman and I'm lifting more than you (my goal is also to bulk). That should tell you something. I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just sayin' that if I'm doing it with my setbacks and goals, you should be hitting it harder. I hear you don't have the resources to lift heavy...I hate to break it to you: you gotta lift big to get big. You can't have bulking as a goal while using 10lb weights. It doesn't work like that.

You should also eat more. That 1110 calorie dish you ate that you said filled you up half-way and also for a minimal amount of time should not have been followed up by a lunch of "almonds." You need to eat serious meals several times throughout the day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:55 pm 
Elephant

I know. Believe me if I could I would eat a pound of pasta every two hours. I always try and buy as much as possible. I can easily lift big. It's eating big which I find hard to afford. Of course if I had a job this wouldn't be a problem. My current budget is roughly 20-30 dollars a week on food.

The 10 pound weights I have I only use for lateral raises( And from what I hear those require smaller weights then movements like bicep curls or shoulder presses.

Anyways. An update.

7 sets of 10 Lateral Raises with 10 pound weights.
8 sets of 10 bicep curls with 15 pound weights
2 sets of 10 shoulder presses with 15 pound weights

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:55 pm 
Manatee

Well, you being broke and you eating pasta are two different things :) How so? Just downing a bunch of pasta isn't exactly going to help. It has its protein content and all that, but you should enjoy something more substantial that includes all your aminos. I suggest purchasing dry rice and dry beans. They will cost a little more, but a pound of dried beans prepared is more than a pound of dry noodles prepared, so it'll save you in the long run. Add some frozen veggies (usually $1 per pound) and your favorite seasonings, and enjoy.

I'm not sure why you're working shoulders and biceps again after just having worked shoulders and biceps in your previous session. They need time to grow, so you should be working other things. It's true that you typically need lighter weights to work your shoulders, but at the same time, you shouldn't just arbitrarily pick a light weight and do your reps...it still must be challenging. In my opinion (based on personal experience and research), you're doing far too many sets and reps. Bulking is done with low reps (5 or less) and high weight.

I know how frustrating it is to want to bulk and not be able to because, as a woman, I don't possess enough testosterone to really get big that fast...not as fast as I'd like. But your situation is different because you just aren't doing the right diet/exercise program to get the bulk you're looking for. Give it a shot...you've got nothing to lose.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:49 pm 
Mastodon

Dr pink how much do you spend on other things that could be used on food? (clothes vid games etc)

You post about stuff like that often...perhaps prioritizing where your money goes is a good option?

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:52 pm 
Mastodon

Since you buy food at walmart

They have green lentils and split peas for 50 cents a bag. A bag is over 1000 calories and 100+ g good quality protein.

Learn to make lentil soup and split pea soup. :) You like to cook, buy the ingredients and there's a high protein meal.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:19 pm 
Elephant

Quote:
Dr pink how much do you spend on other things that could be used on food? (clothes vid games etc)

I'd say those are really a luxury. The games I have now I only have from having sold a few of my older ones. And they only gave me store credit bacl D:.

Quote:
They have green lentils and split peas for 50 cents a bag. A bag is over 1000 calories and 100+ g good quality protein.

Holy Shat. :D. That's a lot. I should check that out and possibly incorporate more of them in my diet. Two bags a day( One in the morning and one at night ). Can they be washed?

Quote:
I'm not sure why you're working shoulders and biceps again after just having worked shoulders and biceps in your previous session. They need time to grow

I do that routine once every other day. Say I'll do it monday. The next routine will be done on Wednesday.

EDIT lol almost forgot to update.

Did about 70 Crunches while in the car. I was sitting in the back( The Way Back ) and figured since I had room might as well do crunches. so I did.

I'll also be incorporating 50 squats every other day like Blabbate said starting tonight. I really don't have many weight equipment for my legs. So I do bodyweight.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:13 pm 
Mastodon

:lachmal: You're so paranoid.

Yes they can be washed, and you should wash them and check for stones that may be in them. Why wash something that's going to be cooked unless you are worried about pesticides?

get some taters bananas stuff like that is relatively inexpensive. Maybe some peanuts as well. Ditch the packaged food and you can save quite a bit of money.

335 Squat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:39 am 
Elephant

I see what you mean. No more soymilk( And certainly no more Pasta at least not until I see better days lol ).

Well. Okay. Here's a mock-up diet plan( Won't be shopping until the food I have now runs out ).

A bag of lentils in the morning and a bag at night( 1 dollar a day and that would give me 2,000 calories and 200 grams of protein )

Bananas( Love em. Could personally eat like 5-10 a day. )

will probably stay away from Apples until I can buy Organic as sometimes they coat regular apples in beeswax.

Will work on adding more too. And a good vitamin supplement and protein powder once a month also a must.

Will update in an hour or so with an actual workout.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:17 pm 
Elephant

30 laterals with 10 pound weights

20-30 bicep curls and shoulder presses.

I won't be blogging about my progress anymore. I've since discovered that it's easier for me to do it when I'm not pressured to keep track of everything I do.

Instead I'll just update here and there with my overall progress. When I upgrade with my weights, and of course update with pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

Happy Holidays buddy! Great to see the training log updated so often! Great stuff!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:32 pm 
Elephant

Yo dude! Just checking in. Zacks advice are great. Good, healthy, protein rich foods are often dirt cheap. Legumes and peanuts are sweet. I can probably, without lying, say that I built most of my muscles with peanut protein.
Some lentils, crushed tomatoes, carrots, onions and spices makes a real nice soup. CHEAP FOOD RULES.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:29 pm 
Elephant

Yeah. I'm cheap. :D.

The Lentils can work too as more of a goop substance right? Like refried beans? I think that would be delicious. Cook up a bag, make some tortillas and Mmm Mmm. I've already got recipes going through my head.

I just hope that the Walmart here has lentils for 50 cents. Zack lives in Middle America and the prices may differ.

I won't be able to check out the selection until we actually go grocery shopping. Which seems to be a bit ways off( Maybe 3 or 4 days ).

EDIT: Thanks Robert. :D. Hearing that makes me want to keep this blog up and running as long as I can. Which I will. :twisted:

January is THE MONTH OF PINK BABY WHOO :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:12 am 
Elephant

UPDATE

Thanks again for the advice Zack. Just bought Lentils the other day( Like 12 bags ). Unfortunately they were 98 cents where I live. Though still that beats the price of Pasta by a land slide( And is like double protein and equal calories ).

I already have an ingredient idea on how to use them. Won't say it here. It's a recepie that deserves it's own topic. :D.

As you all may have noticed I'm slipping just a fair bit on my routine. Lifes been pretty crazy lately. I might be moving out soon. Until I get my life organized my routine will never become as good as some of you peoples. Though I'm working on it and soon I'll be able to rumble with the best of ya's. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:18 am 
Elephant

Consider this blog officially closed. I'll still pursue fitness. In fact maybe harder then ever soon. I just won't blog about it. I'll let my pictures speak for themselves. blogging would just take up too much time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7