Vegaholics Progress (starting Dec 21st)

Hello all,

I'm new to this site, but have been a vegan for almost a year now! I came across you guys while trying to convince my father that you can be a bodybuilder and a vegan. We came to an agreement that I would do his workout schedule if he would go vegan. It has been about a week since I began my training, and I think it's the start to a much healthier vegan lifestyle.

About myself, I'm a 20 year old college student studying art. I'm only 5'5 and have always been on the slightly pudgy side, always staying in the tire area (stomach and love handles.) I have found that a healthy vegan diet does not equal weight loss so I am finally making the move towards the body I've always wanted.

I have a lot of respect for you guys and the lives you life, and I hope to meet some cool people in this process!

Here are the first images I've taken. I have been on the workout routine for just about a week now. I am not worried about too much about muscle gain now, I am mostly interested in losing the last of my meat-eating flab, and just gaining some definition to what I already have.

My schedule includes lots of planks (I love em!) followed by core strengthening, weight lifting, and stair stepping. I lift and train every other day, and try to get 45-1 hr of stair stepping every day.

Here goes nothin!

Side note, I just lifted and haven't showered yet so I look uber grungy

1.JPG.6682cb0b5fe576937530fa001034b655.JPG

flexed front

2.JPG.6b675e9d5a53b878f0c82a90bd86da60.JPG

Apparently either I dont know how to flex my back, or I have no muscles there yet!

3.JPG.a324828e6f1d343c56b19efcb3ac4cc1.JPG

Un-flexed frontal

So I must have put this up just in time... Today my dad informed me that he doesn't know if he can continue being vegan for the whole month (I'm back from school for winter.) His reasoning involved not feeling "satiated" by the types of foods he is eating, causing him to eat more junk foods to fill the perceived void. He thinks that I don't notice this issue because my void is filled by the good feeling I get from knowing I am not harming animals for food. Kind of a sad turn in my journey, but nonetheless, it gives me more cause to get built and show him what a vegan body can accomplish!

I realize Boulder is a lttle far away, but my daughter lives not far (non-vegan), but says there are lot of vegan restaurants and shops in boulder. Maybe get some fake sandwich meat, tofurkey, sausage, etc. Bring it home and. Buritos with beans and rice, and avacadoes, and toffutti sourcream?

You should also explain to him that he is reacting to condition responses. his old eating habits come along with physiological responses, that he need to overcome/overlook.

Yeah, I've given him all the best fulfilling foods, Field Roast meats and Amy's burritos are about as accessible as vegan foods get. Not to toot my own horn but I'm a pretty good vegan cook, I've gotten many comments from non-vegans that my food is delicious, I just think he needs to give it some more time to adjust. Jumping from Onmi to Veg in a day is tough.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

I'm back for my nearly one month update. I have lost about 3-5 lbs, depending if I'm on an empty stomach or not (lol!)

Anyways, I'm having a great time working out, it really has been a blast. Surprisingly I have noticed some results already, and am nearly able to make out my abs for the first time in my life.

1154368103_wholefront.jpg.70225d572c8a4a2a770725d3a7d73b7a.jpg

Upperfront.jpg.b2b92b40087f59d48e9f51eae71a6698.jpg

back2.jpg.d649048c027091969277b137a2df9e94.jpg