Vegan Manicotti

compassionategirl

What the F^^%%%$CK??? I posted a reply to you Sinister but first it didnt appear at all, and now it has been posted BEFORE your post, not after it???!!!!!

I hate computers and I hate typing. Have no patience whatsoever for it.

Quit stalling and post the recipe before we stop believing that you really ate Manicotti.

Eating beans from a can with a fork while looking at a picture of, or thinking of Manicotti doesnt count.

Well, the tofu in the manicotti doesnt taste anything like Ricotta. It just tastes like tofu.

Too bad I know. I dont think there are any vegan "ricottas" out there. AT least none that I have ever seen.

if there is, somebody let me know.

Even a similar texture would be fine. I don't expect it would taste anything like it though. I love me some Italian food.

use tofeta as a ricotta substitute, although i'm kinda over everyone havin "ricotta" in their cannaloni.

just throw in some capers, sundried tomatoes, a stem of rosemary, olive oil and something to fill it out, could be sweet potato/whole grain bread crumbs/wild rice/cou cous......some NY pepper(since everyone on here seems to be poor) a pinch of salt ... maybe a lil oregano and garlic. save the basil for the sauce.

i dont think I can get tofuta in Toronto - never seen it before and I am always scouring the "dairy" section.

Anyway, I have decided to take a few days and perfect this recipe Sinister, Ash and Alex so you arent all left disappointed. It was good, but I am going to tweak it a bit.

and all for you Sinister.

So, be patient and check back in a few days.