BallZach's Log.

Yeah, I have been considering drinking 1 more protein shake during my day just to add a bump in my protein intake. I have been think about hiring a personal trainer to show me how to do my exercises correctly. I started my lifting routine in 12/7 and as of today 12/28. It has been three weeks. So is my progress slow? or behind? I know I have not added much weight to my lifts but 60's are the heaviest dumbbells I own. I should have my sandbags ready next week, and that should help.

Food today....

9:45 soy and rice protein shake with soy milk. 350cals 41P

11:15 Veggie burger, small salad. 320cals 11p

2:00 Luna bar.180cals 10p

4:00 can of navy beans and small cup of brown rice. 650cals 31P

6:00 luna bar, veggie chips, rice crakers. 315cals 14P

7:00 work out.... bicycle....extra hard. 20min BFL style.

8:00 rice and soy protein shake with soy milk 350cals 41p

cals 2165 protein 148

Edited by BallZach

Yeah, I have been considering drinking 1 more protein shake during my day just to add a bump in my protein intake. I have been think about hiring a personal trainer to show me how to do my exercises correctly. I started my lifting routine in 12/7 and as of today 12/28. It has been three weeks. So is my progress slow? or behind? I know I have not added much weight to my lifts but 60's are the heaviest dumbbells I own. I should have my sandbags ready next week, and that should help.

Food today....

9:45 soy and rice protein shake with soy milk. 350cals 41P

11:15 Veggie burger, small salad. 320cals 11p

2:00 Luna bar.180cals 10p

4:00 can of navy beans and small cup of brown rice. 650cals 31P

6:00 luna bar, veggie chips, rice crakers. 315cals 14P

three weeks is too short, wait 3 months and see what happens.

Food today....

7:00am soy and rice protein shake with soy milk. 350cals 41p

9:00 2 wheat tortillas and 2 scoops or rice protein and water. 380cals 24p

11:00 My he-man salad mix lmao. (sweet peas, green beans, black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion) 325 cals 15p

1:00 luna bar, 6oz v8 juice, and 1 oz of pumpkin seeds. 370cals 20p

3:30 dried sweet peas, a bit more he-man salad, and 1 scoop of rice protein and water. 390cals 27p

6:30 shake rice and soy, with the soy milk. 350 41p

8:30 clif bar and v8 juice 2oz mixed nuts 1oz pumkpin seeds. 780cals 32p

cals 2945 p200

I did not train today. My legs are still hurting form the squats and the bicycle. I figured it may be beneficial to give them a day to recoup. Those box squats are killers. Lots of cal taken in today! I dig eating more, I don't feel so sluggish. 200 grams of protein! woo who!

Food today

7:15am rice and soy protein shake made with soy milk. 350cals 41p

9:15 potato, spinach, artichoke soup. 400cals 20p

11:00 1oz of pumpkin seeds, 1oz of mixed nuts, 6oz v8 juice. 360cals 16p

12:30 huge bowls of vegan pho. 600cals 20p

2:45 he-man salad, luna bar, fruit cup. 585 25p

4:45 workout

6:00 rice and soy shake with the soy milk. 350cals 41p

8:45 rest of my he-man salad, 2 scoops of rice protein and water. 450cals 40p

Cals 3095, 203p

workout today....

DB flat bench

5x45

5x60

5x60

5x60

5x60

Easy! Tonight's Bench press was a breeze!

BD rows

5x45

5x60

5x60

5x60

5x60

Easy also. I am a bit bummed that my USN duffel bags didn't show up today so I could get my sand bags made.

DB dead lift

15x60

15x60

2 sets, I should have done a warm up the first set hurt a bit.

Important things I have learned so far.

A. Eating enough is important!

B. Working out hungry is way better then carb loading.

C. Having the right technique can really help you get the last couple reps.

D. Rest between sets! It is not a race to finish. Let your muscles energize back up before you tear them apart again.

Edited by BallZach

Food today....

7:00am soy and rice protein shake with soy milk. 350cals 41p

9:00 2 wheat tortillas and 2 scoops or rice protein and water. 380cals 24p

11:00 My he-man salad mix lmao. (sweet peas, green beans, black beans, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion) 325 cals 15p

1:00 luna bar, 6oz v8 juice, and 1 oz of pumpkin seeds. 370cals 20p

3:30 dried sweet peas, a bit more he-man salad, and 1 scoop of rice protein and water. 390cals 27p

6:30 shake rice and soy, with the soy milk. 350 41p

8:30 clif bar and v8 juice 2oz mixed nuts 1oz pumkpin seeds. 780cals 32p

cals 2945 p200

I did not train today. My legs are still hurting form the squats and the bicycle. I figured it may be beneficial to give them a day to recoup. Those box squats are killers. Lots of cal taken in today! I dig eating more, I don't feel so sluggish. 200 grams of protein! woo who!

This is good.

Thanks man. I am going to work on getting more protein in my diet and worry less about cals. I want to get the strength! So rather than tying to trim up I am going to eat! I will work on getting cut in 2010. 09 will be the year of the muscles!

Yeah, like I said in another thread, I'm not sure if I personally like to be thicker or more ripped, but I will be adding about a lb of mass per week for the next 12 weeks with a new diet and training program I've put together. This is not so much a "New years resolution" type thing but more so happening because I have more time now with my company all set up and other ventures taken care of for awhile. I had to take a break from bodybuilding for awhile and my cut last October was unintentional.

People like you inspire me. Especially the new guys. I remember logging weights and food with excitement and enthusiasm when I first started, and seeing it in other guys reminds me of why I love this sport.

Thanks Josh I love veganbodybuilding.com!

Workout today....

Bicycle 20min hard! As hard as I could do.

I wanted to let to guys know that I will now start posting less frequently. I am having computer problems and it keeps shutting off on at random. I start school on Jan 13, so I will be on a computer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I will update on those days.

I have to make this quick, before my computer shuts off....

yesterday

cals 3270

p 232

worked

military press DB

30x12

50x6

50x6

50x6

50x6

60x1

4 mins between sets.

Lateral Raises DB

10x12

20x6

20x6

20x6

20x6

20x6

2 min between sets

Box Squats DB

40x12

60x6

60x6

60x6

60x6

60x6

Progress Pics....

I found one on my camera before 12/7....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/Ball_zach/zachsshit136-1.jpg

This was is today....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/Ball_zach/zachsshit142.jpg

weight 257

% body fat 24.8

Edited by BallZach

food yesterday...

Cals 3135

Protein 240

I didn't workout today. I was going to do abs work but I didn't. I can't ever seem to motivate myself to work on my abs. I hate ab exercises!

I did get one of my sand bags made today I started out with 200lbs of sand in the bag, and I nearly busted my ballzach open trying to heave that bag to my shoulder . Sand bags feel way way way heavier than free weights! I took the bag down to 150lbs....150 is workable and stills feels heavy! I tried to do a squat with 150 for fun and it was hard! Playing with the sand bag is fun!

Edited by BallZach

food yesterday...

cals 3625

protein 238

Today I hit the bike again BFL style. I did well enough that I was unable to walk after 18 minutes so thats good I think

I also did sit ups.... yeah blah... I hate em but I gotta do em.

2x15

I put the sand in zip lock freezer bags, then duct taped them shut. then I put them in a 6mil trash bag... then in an army duffel bag. Let me tell you dude.... just lifting that thing up to my shoulders makes me feel like I am strong! No handles makes it hard to man around. I have two more duffel bags coming to me. I am going to do a 100lb and a 200lb... I am doing the 200 pounder for when I feel the need to break myself....lol.

Yesterdays food

Cals 2515

Protein 198

Workout tonight...

Incline Press (Dumbells)

12x40

6x60

6x60

6x60

6x60

First time I have done inclines. I wanted to do them because the 60's are too light for me on the flat bench now.... I guess they are too light for me on the incline too.... I may have to bite the bullet and get a gym membership...eeeehh... or fork over some real cash for heavy DB's.

DB flys

12x20

6x30

I decided to do flies after benching to stretch out my chest. I did then as tight and as slow as I could.

DB bent rows

12x40

6x60

6x60

6x60

6x60

Again, way to easy.

I finally did curls for the first time since taking lifting up again. I had no idea how much to start with.... especially since my arms were about trashed from the rows. It was kinda cool, my arms pumped up HUGE!

80x12....Sloppy too heavy

30 DB's x 12 x2

I think next week I am going to warm up with 20lb DB and do solid set of 6 with the 35's.

workout tonight....

150lbs Sand bag shouldering... Sets of 1

1x150

1x150

1x150

1x150

1x150

That sand bag is tricky. Next week I will do sets of 2.

DB box squats

12x30

7x60

7x60

7x60

7x60

I will add a rep to the squats next week... 7 was easy. I wanted to squat the sand bag but I am still working on getting it from the ground to my shoulder safely. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

ABS

Leg Lifts

2x15

I wanted to squat the sand bag but I am still working on getting it from the ground to my shoulder safely.

Shovel scoop the sandbag onto a couch, a chair or a stool. Then get into the hack squat position with your back towards the elevated sandbag. Then shoulder the sandbag behind the neck.

OR

Shovel scoop the sandbag onto a couch, a chair or a stool. Then get into the front squat position with your forearms crossed and hugging the elevated sandbag towards your chest.

OR

Split the weight into two sandbags (two 100lbs). Get into the hack squat position and shovel scoop each sandbag individually onto each shoulder.

• 3 weeks later...