I finally saw the Couture vs. Lesnar match

robert

Did anyone watch that a while back?

Brock is a beast but I bet there are a bunch of guys who could knock him out quickly or let him get winded and finish him. I know he's an accomplished collegiate wrestler so endurance isn't foreign to him.

I don't know enough about the rest of the fighters but what are some thoughts on Lesnar in general. Will he walk over people for a while or get smashed by someone big soon?

I'm new to the sport but becoming a fan when I create time to watch it.

Lesnar's definitely good, but beating a 40-some year old man who is about 60 lbs lighter with the exact same skill set as you isn't exactly remarkable.

I would say his biggest challenge currently is facing a big submission fighter (ala frank mir)

His trainers say his BJJ is coming along very quickly, but to some extent, mat experience can't replace natural talent.

that being said, I still think Lesnar will run over mir...

Mir beat him already, so we know Lesner can lose.

Although I think it would be the most boring fight, and I hate both fighters equally, I would like to say Tim Silva vs Lesner. Either way, Id be happy cause someone would lose.

I never saw Couture as a stand up fighter, and thats where he lost. He had Lesner huffin and puffin for a while when on the ground or controlling him on the fence.

Get a great all around fighter and Lesner is gone.

I HATE LESNER.

Lesnar will get beat, probably soon. i see him more likely to be tapped out than knocked out. in my opinion, there's plenty of other fighters who can beat or give Lesnar a good run for his money, Andrei Arlovski, Josh Barnett, and of course, Fedor Emilianenko. but none of those guys are in the UFC. within the UFC ranks, Frank Mir has already beat him, Gabriel Gonzaga or Fabricio Werdum could probably sub him, Cheick Kongo could probably outstrike him if he could avoid the takedowns.

i hear that brock has been working on his BJJ, but i agree with Mike that his short amount of time he's been training could not prepare him for someone with years of fighting experience. anything could happen though.

i hope Frank Mir subs him as fast as he did the first time.