Eat.

Troy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've inspired me a while back to start making these green smoothies..... I've flaked a bit on dieting, but it's time to get on it. I'm heading out to buy some Ultimate Meal, and kale!! You consume over 3000 calories?? That's a lot!! Do you think should try out your diet with cutting out a smoothie maybe??

I can't gain weight unless I'm in 3000-3500 range, and I've found that seems to be my upper limit of the sheer amount of food that I can put down in a day. I contemplate supplementing more protein powder and flax oil for extra easy calories but I haven't gone down that road. Thanks for your support, and keep eatin Kale, one of the best foods on the planet.

I was just reading an article from John Berardi the other day about how unrealistic people are sometimes with the amount of food that they need to consume to gain weight/muscle. He figured it out using himself as an example and showed he would need to eat 5500 calories a day to gain weight.

Would love to see you post more in 2009 on your journal. You've been an inspiration to alot of people!!

Thanks for the interest lovely ladies I've been snowboarding twice a week this past winter and loving it to death, or at least to injury. I have a desire to get good at it as I caught on rather quickly to it. Training has been cut back to 2-3 days a week as I try to get in the weight room when I'm not sore from boarding. I'm so glad I found something to do in the winter that involves being outside. I have been wanting to snowboard ever since I was a kid but it was always an expensive sport when I was younger and my family couldn't afford it. After I got a bit older I just never had anyone that wanted to go try it with me. This year, I said I'm doing it, went out by myself, took a lesson and within an hour I was carvin the runs pretty well, love the feeling. Probably the best winter I've had that I can remember. I'm hoping my wrist holds up through the season as I haven't been giving it ample time to heal, I feel like "I don't have time to bleed." -Jesse Ventura (Predator) I'm wrapping it up 24/7 and just grinning through the pain.

As far as the food blog... I have been pretty consistent with eating 5-6 meals a day, other than some of the holidays while I was visiting relatives, there wasn't much to eat so I was going on alot of fruit and salad and veggie tray stuff.

Will we see you on stage along with Octopussoir, Lean and Green and myself in the spring? It will be a monumental experience as the big 3, and if you're in, the big 4, get on stage TOGETHER to represent veganism in a way that will reach a ton of people from the media exposure that will be around the event. It will also be incredibly fun and rewarding. Lean and Green and I trained together tonight...it's so fun to be in contest prep mode again!!!!!!

Please think about it my friend. Please consider being part of history with us. - Robert