Holiday Lasgna

vivalasvegans

This uses the no-boil method on dried noodles. It's so easy to make, and so good!

Easy prep:

1. Chop 4 cups of spinach and wilt it over lower heat, or defrost a bag of chopped spinach and squeeze out a little of the water.

2. Grate or food process 10-30 ounces of vegan mozzarella, depending on how much you like. 10 should be good though.

3. Throw 2 packages of extra firm asceptic packages of tofu in the food processor with a big clove of garlic, a pinch of white pepper, 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil, and salt to taste.

Assembly:

1. Rub some extra virgin olive oil around a 9x11 or 13 baking dish

2. Pour about 1/4 cup of red wine in the bottom along with 1/4 cup of red sauce from a jar. Mix them together with a spoon.

3. Lay 3 dry noodles on top of that.

4. Spread the tofu mixture then sprinkle some spinach, then some soy cheese, then liberally sprinkle some wine, then liberally drizzle sauce over all that.

5. Repeat steps 3 and 4.

6. Layer three noodles over what you got. Then in a separate bowl, mix about 1/2 cup of wine with 1/2 cup of sauce. Pour that over it all and sprinkle the rest of the soy cheese on top.

Cover very tightly with foil. Bake it at 350 on a sheet of foil or a drip shield just in case. After an hour, check to see if the noodles are tender. If not, add a lttle water or wine on top, cover it very tightly again, and bake for about 30 minutes more.

You can make another layery kind of casserole if you have any left over ingredients, and add whatever veggies you have around your kitchen. (Thinly sliced tomatoes and zucchini are good!) Freeze it, and bake it up a as quick meal for unexpected comapny.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
what kind of mozzarella do you use?

I thought you were going on a diet ?

I am...I only cook for one anyway so I'm not motivated enough to make it....was just curious because I haven't found vegan cheese that melts well or smells good for that matter...but i really haven't looked in a long time either...I know you can buy it online but I really wouldn't eat it so it would be a waste.