Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Rockage Blog
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:01 am 
Elephant

Yeah my doc told me to exercise 5 days a week. So far I haven't done that :o

Thanks a whole bunch though! If I have to get this book I will! Heheheh. I should also take a break from zee video games..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:52 am 
Elephant

Good morning, friends. This morning I thought I'd blog about the crap I think about at night that keeps me awake! LAWL

Ok, well.. A couple things kept me up tonight. I slept for about an hour and then my bf came to bed and started moving around.. Then his cat jumped up and BOTH OF THEM STARTED SNORING. No lie. They both snore. Scooter always snores, but Silvio usually doesn't..
I got up to go pee and came back to bed and had to push the boy numerous times to make him STFU.

Yesterday evening it was so beautiful out we went for a jog for an hour. I did pretty well. Slow.. but I could go longer. I wasn't exhausted after. However, after I woke up from my one hour night's sleep my legs started cramping up. Mostly the right one.. Last time I ran it was the left. So that's keeping me awake too. I thought I'd make a list of the crap I need to stop thinking about.

1. MONEY. Seriously. All I think about is "I need a job I need a job.. I shouldn't have quit my job.." I'm feeling a lot of regret here. I think about my old job ALL THE TIME.

DEBT!!! My student loan payments come out every month. National Student Loans failed to send me a bill but they had no problem sending me a late payment letter.. Fuck you guys. That and Christmas is coming. If I had it my way, I wouldn't celebrate it. I'm not a Christian. I don't believe in any of that kinda stuff.. So I don't know why I should celebrate it. I've felt this way for years. It's a stressful, depressing, expensive holiday and I hate it. I feel obligated to celebrate it cuz my family wants me too. ugh.

2. Plans. I make plans for what I'm gonna do when I wake up. I get excited cuz I think "ohhh i'm gonna do this and this and this" and I always end up not doing any of it.. cuz I can't sleep. Duh.

3. The metric system. For some reason the other night.. I was thinking about this. I don't know why.

4. Animals. I always think about my pets. Especially Oreo, the cat that I lost last December to liver disease. Then I cry. I'm retarded.

5. How much I phail at life. While I'm crying about Oreo, I start thinking about how my life is a load of shit right now. No job. Not married. No kids. No ambition or accomplishments in life to speak of. I'm such a loser. Gawd. Then I cry about that.

6. My house is a bloody mess. When is Silvio gonna finish painting??

7. Music. I think about music... and my friends that are musicians and wonder how they are doing.

8. Movies. I think about the movies I recently watched. Exciting!

9. Food. I barely eat these days cuz I'm too busy tossing and turning and trying to fall asleep. My diet is crap. I eat healthy.. but I'm consuming far too little calories.

10. Family. My family rarely calls me. Ever since my sister had a baby my life has become completely irrelevant and uninteresting to them. I think my mom is worried about me.. Or so she says.. But she really doesn't call me to see how I'm doing. Maybe once a week or so if I'm lucky.

11. Video games. Sometimes in an effort to cheer myself up I'll think about video games. It's one thing I'm good at.

A lot of other random garbage enters my mind too. I keep thinking about the way I need to improve myself but I'm not doing such a good job at it. Still trying to establish a sleep/wake time. I tried going to bed earlier last night... Which resulted in the one hour nap I had. Now it's almost 7 am and I'm wide awake. I might fall asleep again.. And wake up numerous times like I did yesterday. I didn't actually get out of bed until 4 pm. This is my life now... I've never had insomnia THIS bad before. During high school I had issues.. but they'd always resolve themselves after a few weeks. This doesn't seem to want to go away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:33 pm 
Elephant

I think I somewhat fixed my insomnia.. Hehehe. I went to the doctor and he basically told me to exercise 5 days a week. It was tough getting into it but now I realized how much I missed it. I've been jogging a couple times a week and lifting weights. I got a job interview at a gym on Monday. I hope it goes well. I'm going crazy being in the house all the time.

Some drama has been ensuing in my family lately.. That kept me awake all night last night. Basically my sister's boyfriend is being an arsehole and I told my mom about it and now my sister is mad at me. Since I live away from home I'm not around to hear all the "he said she said" crap so now the story is getting all twisted around. It's crazy. My grumpiness showed in a very rude post I left on a Myspace forum.. Not that I care, I mean. EVERYONE is rude on there. I was surprised that so many people jumped on my back for it as I've been the victim of internet flaming many times. For stupid shit too.. I gave one woman shit for being a bitch to some breast cancer patients and it became a huge flame war. Maybe I should stay away from forums huh? Except this one.. because the people here are actually intelligent :P

The other day I was very busy. I went jogging for about 40 minutes around the block and then came home and cleaned up. Afterwards, I went walking around the mall for a few hours and stopped by my mom's place (where the before-mentioned drama happened) and played on their Wii Fit. Yesterday I was so sore I could barely move! I had stiff hip flexors, sore muscles in my back and shoulders, obliques, calves, and glutes. All I did was rest and eat. Today I feel more energetic. I had a looooong sleep this afternoon with my kitty cats. I am thinking about going to the gym this evening! I'm a machine!!!

I tried the Vanilla chai Vega last week. It wasn't too bad. I just had it with hemp milk so the flavor wasn't too outstanding. I normally mix fruit in with my Vega so that the hemp protein doesn't sink to the bottom! I'm getting really tired of chocolate Vega. I'm on my third tub of it. I think I'll get the Vanilla Chai next. I bet it's awesome with strawberries and frozen bananas.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 am 
Elephant

RAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRR!!! I'm back into the routine! I am lifting weights 4 times a week and eating like a monster!!! I am seeing some gains. Today at the gym I did a full body work out and then checked myself out in the mirror in my swimsuit. I'm looking pretty buff! My legs have grown considerably. I'll have to post pics soon. I'm so proud :D :D :D

I've been making big pots of soup/stew/chili and eating 2 bowls of oatmeal a day. I'm also nomming on bananas, apples, spinach, mushrooms, nuts, and my favorite VANILLA CHAI VEGA!!! Yum Yum Yum!

Ooooh Christmas Oranges are in season now. Go pick up a box or three heheheheh. I've already gone through one box this week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:07 am 
Elephant

Awesome Job Marcina. Keep up the good work. Time to get RAAAWWWWKIIINNNNNNNNNNN :boxer:

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:17 pm 
Elephant

Wow, nice job owning that and rawking hard.

So do you like vanilla chai better than chocolate?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:44 pm 
Elephant

YUSS! Especially with rice milk. It's mmmmmmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:47 am 
Elephant

Well with the holiday season I didn't really work out a lot.. I just ate.. and ate and ate and ate!!! I think I'm getting fat.. That's okay though because it's just extra fuel for the gym.

Dec. 29th, 2008 was my first day back at the gym. I annihilated myself! It was fun because I got a new heart monitor for Christmas that tracks your calories and stuff. It doesn't work properly for me though because I have PACs, which are premature contractions of the heart. It shows up as a slight arrhythmia on an ECG so on my heart monitor, it looks like my heart rate is jumping around all over the place.

Still, I get a basic idea of how hard I'm working.

Dec. 29th workout:

Warm-up on the elliptical: 7 minutes

Pull up assists:
Set one: 10 x 50 lbs
Set two: 10 x 40 lbs
Set three: 10 x 30 pounds

Dip assists:
10 x 40 lbs
10 x 30 lbs
10 x 30 lbs

Standing calf raise:
10 x 80 lbs
10 x 80 lbs
10 x 90 lbs
10 x 95 lbs

Incline Chest Press
10 x 60 lbs
10 x 40 lbs

Pectoral fly
10 x 45 lbs

Squat with Smith Machine
10 x 50 lbs
10 x 50 lbs

Stiff-legged Deadlift
10 x 38
10 x 38

Full front squat
10 x 38
10 x 38

Plie Squat
12 x 25

Lying leg curl (btw I hate these.. I think I pulled my tendons cuz my hams STILL hurt!)
10 x 40
10 x 30

Toe raises
10 x 20

I had to take a long rest after this workout.. I was sooo sore!! Then I went to the gym yesterday and discovered that my boyfriend's cat chewed my earphones in two ><
No music..
It's hard to work out as intensely without music. :(

Jan 3, 2009 workout

Warm-up on elliptical: 12 minutes

Concentration curls
10 x 15
10 x 20

Hammer Curl
10 x 17.5

Back Extension
10 x 165
10 x 165
10 x 165

Incline chest press
10 x 30
10 x 60
10 x 60

Pullover
10 x 20
10 x 20
10 x 20

Tricep Pressdown
10 x 30 kg ( i know.. This machine is in Kilograms. Weird.)
10 x 30 kg
10 x 30 kg

Pullup assist
10 x 40

Bent over rows
10 x 30
10 x 30

Leg Extension
10 x 75

Calf Raise (standing)
10 x 90
10 x 95

Lateral Raise (deltoids)
10 x 10

Military Press
10 x 15

Seated Calf Raise
10 x 90

My calves are getting way stronger but they're still kinda puny.. :x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:48 am 
Elephant

Well with the holiday season I didn't really work out a lot.. I just ate.. and ate and ate and ate!!! I think I'm getting fat.. That's okay though because it's just extra fuel for the gym.

Dec. 29th, 2008 was my first day back at the gym. I annihilated myself! It was fun because I got a new heart monitor for Christmas that tracks your calories and stuff. It doesn't work properly for me though because I have PACs, which are premature contractions of the heart. It shows up as a slight arrhythmia on an ECG so on my heart monitor, it looks like my heart rate is jumping around all over the place.

Still, I get a basic idea of how hard I'm working.

Dec. 29th workout:

Warm-up on the elliptical: 7 minutes

Pull up assists:
Set one: 10 x 50 lbs
Set two: 10 x 40 lbs
Set three: 10 x 30 pounds

Dip assists:
10 x 40 lbs
10 x 30 lbs
10 x 30 lbs

Standing calf raise:
10 x 80 lbs
10 x 80 lbs
10 x 90 lbs
10 x 95 lbs

Incline Chest Press
10 x 60 lbs
10 x 40 lbs

Pectoral fly
10 x 45 lbs

Squat with Smith Machine
10 x 50 lbs
10 x 50 lbs

Stiff-legged Deadlift
10 x 38
10 x 38

Full front squat
10 x 38
10 x 38

Plie Squat
12 x 25

Lying leg curl (btw I hate these.. I think I pulled my tendons cuz my hams STILL hurt!)
10 x 40
10 x 30

Toe raises
10 x 20

I had to take a long rest after this workout.. I was sooo sore!! Then I went to the gym yesterday and discovered that my boyfriend's cat chewed my earphones in two ><
No music..
It's hard to work out as intensely without music. :(

Jan 3, 2009 workout

Warm-up on elliptical: 12 minutes

Concentration curls
10 x 15
10 x 20

Hammer Curl
10 x 17.5

Back Extension
10 x 165
10 x 165
10 x 165

Incline chest press
10 x 30
10 x 60
10 x 60

Pullover
10 x 20
10 x 20
10 x 20

Tricep Pressdown
10 x 30 kg ( i know.. This machine is in Kilograms. Weird.)
10 x 30 kg
10 x 30 kg

Pullup assist
10 x 40

Bent over rows
10 x 30
10 x 30

Leg Extension
10 x 75

Calf Raise (standing)
10 x 90
10 x 95

Lateral Raise (deltoids)
10 x 10

Military Press
10 x 15

Seated Calf Raise
10 x 90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 am 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
No music..
It's hard to work out as intensely without music.

Our dog Joey did the same thing to my headphones, I haven't had a working pair since, so frustating! But I love the hellion demon dog. <sigh>

Don't stress over the size of a muscle that takes longer to stimulate growth, eventually growth is forced, it just takes alot more work. My upper back is like that. You'll ge there! ;)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm 
Elephant

Thanks, Green Dude!

I wanna hit the gym again tonight.. But I wanna hit up a store first so I can buy new headphones! Hahahaha!
I don't know if I mentioned I buggered up my hamstrings last week. They're better now, just a bit stiff still. It's hard to touch my toes. I just gotta keep stretchin'.

In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday. Some of you may know she was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I'm really stoked to hear this news. Now she can spend more time in the studio working on her music, rather than a hospital bed. She gets really bored in the chemo ward. She takes her dog in with her though.
She hasn't gotten the "gold star" of being cancer-free yet, but I'll keep you guys posted. During her bout with cancer she still managed to eat a diet high in fresh greens and go to the gym. She's a tough gal. She really motivates me!
If I ever think "ohh I'm too tired to work out" I stop and remember "Hey! Bif went to the gym when she had cancer! I have no excuse!"

Let's all eat a banana and toast Bif on her battle. (Bananas are her favorite)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 pm 
Gorilla

I had no idea she had cancer! that is a great inspiration (the inspiration I need to get off my butt!)

http://www.fires.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/firesmusic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:09 pm 
Stegosaurus

Marcina wrote:
In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday.

No sarcasm directed at you Marcina.

Given some of the wacky beliefs that get posted on this board I couldn't help but note that a "raw food vegan" still got cancer despite being raw and that something as backward as conventional medicine, not - 80 10 10,alage, etc is saving her life.

Hope your hams recover soon.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:47 am 
Elephant

beforewisdom wrote:
Marcina wrote:
In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday.

No sarcasm directed at you Marcina.

Given some of the wacky beliefs that get posted on this board I couldn't help but note that a "raw food vegan" still got cancer despite being raw and that something as backward as conventional medicine, not - 80 10 10,alage, etc is saving her life.

Hope your hams recover soon.

I have no doubt that her diet helped her immensely during her battle with cancer, but it's silly to believe that simply being a raw food vegan makes a person disease-proof.

For all we know, Bif has a history of breast cancer in her family, but she's adopted so there isn't a way for her to find out. Not to mention being a musician on the road for 10 years can take a real toll on the body!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:37 am 
Elephant

djshrew wrote:
I had no idea she had cancer! that is a great inspiration (the inspiration I need to get off my butt!)

ROFL! Djshrew, I just noticed your new avatar. That is AWESOME!!

Anywhoo I thought I'd pop on here.. Since I slept the day away cuz I had a horrendous migraine and refuse to take medication for it. More pills. Who needs that? I already take pills so I don't make babies, pills that give me my vitamins and keep me healthyhealthyhealthy, and I used to take pills to help me poop but I don't need those anymore.

Btw my vitamins are enormous. It's like taking 5 at once!

So today I was on Facebook (my other addiction, besides 90210 DVDs and video games) and this guy I went to high school with messaged me. He's overseas becoming a doctor and he wants to meet up with me when he comes back for vacation. Crazy. He's all asking for my number and shit. We had a few classes together and I remember him but he NEVER spoke to me. Until now. Wtf?
Anyways, I feel uncomfortable giving my number out on the internet. I feel more uncomfortable giving my number to another guy, since you know. I live with one already! He's like a husband to me and I don't think it's right for me to hang around another dude, or give any dudes my phone number. Nuh-uh. It's not even MY phone number. It's OURS. So there ya go.

Another thing, Silvio bought this wicked organic granola today. It's VANILLA!! Yumyumyum!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next