Post Op, Healing

Not a problem man. I use to do my workouts at the house and still do from time to time. But there was a mall employee discount for this gym and I figured I could go super heavy there. The issue that I had this morning was there was a father and son team and they would take free weights from the light rack then use the mirror setup for the heavy rack, since it's longer. I normally setup an incline, decline and flat bench along the long mirror and pull from the heavy dumbs and hit my circuit. They seen me setup but decided to use my benches and the mirror I was on anyway. Of course I could of said something, but I'd probably come off to aggressive, so I decided to just change up my routine to accommodate them. I ended up doing my circuit at the house right before work, so no biggie. Funny thing is today was inventory day and I tell you the boxes were flying around

Anyway, time to sleep.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did back routine at the house. I woke up well rested by fairly irritable, so I decided it was best for the general public that I stay at home. Tomorrow I don't have work so I'll be in the gym for majority of the morning. I've got delts scheduled, but I'll probably test max for back.

SAT went into the gym and did a heavy back routine that lasted almost 2 hours. Just wanted to make sure I got a solid session in since I did a home workout on WED. I also played around with a preacher curl machine. I like the feel of how the hand positioning is restricted. I found myself getting a better overall stretch on the bicep. I'll probably add that to bicep day. Last week THU and FRI was uninterrupted at the gym, so nothing different.

Today hit legs rather harder and longer than normal about 1h15m. I did my normal routine but added in an addition set of slow and controlled movement. Also went heavier on squats. Played around with walking lunges, but there isn't an area long enough to get any real progress going. I tried doing single lunges in trap cage, but it felt awkward. Ended the morning with a 10 min stretch.

Two and a half hours, wow, nice job. How's it feeling today?

I feel great this morning, so much so that I went in from 9a when the gym opened to a little after 11am. I focused on chest, but initially went in to test my max on chest and legs. I went heavy with low rep then polished off each exercise with a moderate weight slow and control set with 1-2 sec squeezes/hold at the end of each rep. I am hoping that my chest will hurt tomorrow, but probably not.

I don't see making a habit of doing whole body workouts, but I might increase my isolation to an hour (instead of 45mins) then 15 min cardio to polish off the routine.

Season's greetings!

Same to you my friend!

Did a leg routine this morning with just two minor additions. In order to engage the lateral head of the calf, I pointed my toes inward during calf presses. The second addition was toes inward during stiff back stiff legged lifts. Other the those two, I did my standard leg routine with increased weight. I am hoping my leg hurt tomorrow or after my nap, but for some reason I doubt it. I felt as if I could of gone heavier, but didn't want to tucker out before the end of my routine. I'll probably increase it again next week.

Weight: 206.8lbs @ 19.6% (40.5 lbs fat)

Feeling good about my numbers. The fat is slowly coming off while I am not tearing down as much muscle as I have in the past. Staying the course!

Took a little nap before work and when I woke up I felt that wonderful tightness and ache in my hamstrings!! Thank you deity of the workout!

Just a little pic update no big changes. Was finally able to get a non-blurry pic of the long head of my bicep. Excuse the intense face I'm making. I also made a few attempt to get back pics, but those were becoming ever increasingly frustrating. I couldn't hit the camera angle plus hold the proper pose. Anyway, figured I'd post something.

pic123008_8.jpg.587147b872bd85f04ed13b170bf39178.jpg

long head

Hello everyone. I decided it was time to get signed up vbbf and join my good friend Brada to further my health goals and meet new people with similar interests. More to come, Happy New Year everyone.

We gotta get you over to the Introduction section to post some goals. Then have ya start a food blog/journal in the Online Training Journals & Blogs section.

Hit the gym this morning and worked delts and mixed in some bicep exercises inbetween. I am contemplating a 2.5-3 hour session tomorrow. I'll see how I feel.

*edit* I thought I was out of it this morning when it said -22F. Sure enough when I went into work it was -21F...it's gotta be a record low for ANC this time of year.

Again record cold temps all this weekend between -23F and -6F. It's been too cold to walk to the gym and not have to defrost for 30mins before workout. So I've been trying to bum rides or ride public transportation. The city bus actually was running 25mins late this morning so I just walked back to the house and attempted again later and waited 10mins before I walked back inside. Will try again tomorrow morning, because I really want to do a leg routine!!! I could probably hit everything else this week at home, but legs and back I want to go heavy.

Chest and triceps this morning...feeling nice and tight! YEAH BUDDY! No work today, but probably not gonna do cardio like I normally would. It's gonna be a ton of raw spinach and teas today since it has been uber cold here. I feel the need to warm up internally.

Figured I'd post some of my insecurities since I am at the point where I am feeling as if my progress isn't occurring fast enough. I am aware that I've come very far from the high bf% and unhealthy eating habits, etc. I also understand that these insecurities are probably all in my head and my current progress is probably fine, but I figured I'd voice them and see what other folks takes are. Hopefully this will invite either encourage or tips from the community. Most of the time I feel as if this is a solo journey (which in a way it is) and it is always nice to hear from others, which is the reason I joined this forum.

I've changed my weekly weight-ins to every two weeks but still I don't feel as if the bf% is coming off fast enough. Especially when I see other getting down into the low double digit bf% in what appears like 6 to 12 weeks. I feel my strength increasing but that isn't really a goal of mine. I of course feel my stamina and endurance increasing, but again that isn't really a goal of mine. I have reassess my main object which is to get down to somewhere around 15% bf and be able to maintain it. It seems as if breaking and maintaining sub-20% bf isn't coming naturally. I know crunching the numbers that I am losing fat and gaining muscle but jumping on that scale and seeing it in the 19-20% is a pain until I bust out the calculator and crunch the numbers. Again I know it's a perception issue and I probably need to not weight myself for a month.

I am however happy with my lifestyle choices. The healthy eating habits I've picked up. My dedication to training and dieting. The effort and focus I have put forth. The change in my appearance and general health. The knowledge I've gained during this journey. The stories and progress others have shared on this forum. And I am trying to focus on those positive things, but FOLKS let me tell you that scale is beating me down as I know it has beat others down.

Anyway, I figured that I'd share those thoughts with you, the community, as I haven't heard from you guys for awhile on my thread. For some words of encouragement or suggestions to help me adjust my perception and focus on those things that are more important than a digit readout on a scale.

Edited by LocalBrada

Far from expert it may be, but from my point of view, your doing incredibly well. Your gym hours and consistency are at an elite level and your diet seems very highly disciplined and well chosen. I never would have guessed your goal was just to drop bf%. Of course, your genetics tend toward growing mo bigga. It seemed maybe you were working on becoming a comic book hero. Your metamorphosis has to be fast with the level of effort and good choices your making. Hang loose Bra.

Hit back hard at the house and took a bunch of progress pics between sets. Especially like my right tri bracii even though I didn't pump it up specifically. All in all a very productive morning. Felt good about the workout session. Again with the crappy weather, if it warms up I'll head into the gym or if not I'll try and bum a ride off of someone.

@John V: PM in your inbox.

Yeah the reason why my main goal is to lose bf% is because I KNOW that is the only real way for my muscles to be visible. Others can't 'see' or 'comprehend' what I lift and/or the work I put in the gym by just looking. Although with lower bf% folks have a general idea and more of an understanding.

Anyway, here's another pic taken today.

pic010809_2_rotated.jpg.98b9b92efad0ca2b1fd125cad89c5c07.jpg