The Rockage Blog

Thanks, Green Dude!

I wanna hit the gym again tonight.. But I wanna hit up a store first so I can buy new headphones! Hahahaha!

I don't know if I mentioned I buggered up my hamstrings last week. They're better now, just a bit stiff still. It's hard to touch my toes. I just gotta keep stretchin'.

In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday. Some of you may know she was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. I'm really stoked to hear this news. Now she can spend more time in the studio working on her music, rather than a hospital bed. She gets really bored in the chemo ward. She takes her dog in with her though.

She hasn't gotten the "gold star" of being cancer-free yet, but I'll keep you guys posted. During her bout with cancer she still managed to eat a diet high in fresh greens and go to the gym. She's a tough gal. She really motivates me!

If I ever think "ohh I'm too tired to work out" I stop and remember "Hey! Bif went to the gym when she had cancer! I have no excuse!"

Let's all eat a banana and toast Bif on her battle. (Bananas are her favorite)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday.

No sarcasm directed at you Marcina.

Given some of the wacky beliefs that get posted on this board I couldn't help but note that a "raw food vegan" still got cancer despite being raw and that something as backward as conventional medicine, not - 80 10 10,alage, etc is saving her life.

Hope your hams recover soon.

In other news, Bif Naked, my favorite raw food vegan, had her last chemo treatment on Sunday.

No sarcasm directed at you Marcina.

Given some of the wacky beliefs that get posted on this board I couldn't help but note that a "raw food vegan" still got cancer despite being raw and that something as backward as conventional medicine, not - 80 10 10,alage, etc is saving her life.

Hope your hams recover soon.

I have no doubt that her diet helped her immensely during her battle with cancer, but it's silly to believe that simply being a raw food vegan makes a person disease-proof.

For all we know, Bif has a history of breast cancer in her family, but she's adopted so there isn't a way for her to find out. Not to mention being a musician on the road for 10 years can take a real toll on the body!

I had no idea she had cancer! that is a great inspiration (the inspiration I need to get off my butt!)

ROFL! Djshrew, I just noticed your new avatar. That is AWESOME!!

Anywhoo I thought I'd pop on here.. Since I slept the day away cuz I had a horrendous migraine and refuse to take medication for it. More pills. Who needs that? I already take pills so I don't make babies, pills that give me my vitamins and keep me healthyhealthyhealthy, and I used to take pills to help me poop but I don't need those anymore.

Btw my vitamins are enormous. It's like taking 5 at once!

So today I was on Facebook (my other addiction, besides 90210 DVDs and video games) and this guy I went to high school with messaged me. He's overseas becoming a doctor and he wants to meet up with me when he comes back for vacation. Crazy. He's all asking for my number and shit. We had a few classes together and I remember him but he NEVER spoke to me. Until now. Wtf?

Anyways, I feel uncomfortable giving my number out on the internet. I feel more uncomfortable giving my number to another guy, since you know. I live with one already! He's like a husband to me and I don't think it's right for me to hang around another dude, or give any dudes my phone number. Nuh-uh. It's not even MY phone number. It's OURS. So there ya go.

Another thing, Silvio bought this wicked organic granola today. It's VANILLA!! Yumyumyum!!!

I have no doubt that her diet helped her immensely during her battle with cancer, but it's silly to believe that simply being a raw food vegan makes a person disease-proof.

I now have 2 friends with cancer who did everything right, are doing everything right and who may not be here someday. It infuriates me when we occasionally get the snake oil/magic food/magic diet people posting on this forum saying that they have a cure. One of my friends squandered most of her savings on that alternative crap out of desperation to avoid chemo. It just makes me so mad. These people don't realize that it is not a game or enthusiasm to many people.

So today I was on Facebook (my other addiction, besides 90210 DVDs and video games) and this guy I went to high school with messaged me. He's overseas becoming a doctor and he wants to meet up with me when he comes back for vacation. Crazy. He's all asking for my number and shit. We had a few classes together and I remember him but he NEVER spoke to me. Until now. Wtf?

Anyways, I feel uncomfortable giving my number out on the internet. I feel more uncomfortable giving my number to another guy, since you know. I live with one already! He's like a husband to me and I don't think it's right for me to hang around another dude, or give any dudes my phone number. Nuh-uh. It's not even MY phone number. It's OURS. So there ya go.

Word. Just email him back and write that you don't feel comfortable giving out your phone number because it isn't 100% yours, you share it with your boyfriend. That will let this guy know where you and him stand, quickly and politely.

I now have 2 friends with cancer who did everything right, are doing everything right and who may not be here someday. It infuriates me when we occasionally get the snake oil/magic food/magic diet people posting on this forum saying that they have a cure. One of my friends squandered most of her savings on that alternative crap out of desperation to avoid chemo. It just makes me so mad. These people don't realize that it is not a game or enthusiasm to many people.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do to prevent cancer. It can be genetic, or environmental, or easily attack a person who's been stressing themselves for many years. What makes me mad is that these alternative medicine quacks say that doctors are lying about their "cures" because they'll lose money. Wtf?

I keep bugging Silvio to take me down cuz he likes Portland. I've never been there. Only driven past it.

He used to go there to race motorcycles. I think he busted his collarbone there hahaha!

Yeah, life sucks. I hear you guys are having a hard time finding work? Me too. I'm afraid to look at my credit card bill since I put Christmas on it. I'm ready to work just about anywhere as long as I get paid. There's a pizza joint that serves authentic Italian cuisine that I'm thinking of applying at. They pay from $10-11 an hour. Dude. That's more than I made as a VOA!! They have this awesome vegan pizza there too. It's also close.

Hope to hear back from you and come by for a visit soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey hey!

I've been keeping up with my workouts pretty consistently these days. It's great. I write down my workouts in my little journal rather than type it on here all the time. I do a lot of workouts so it takes awhile to type it all out... and frankly, I'm too lazy to do that!

At the gym I've been doing full body workouts. It's great! Last Saturday I helped my mom move so I didn't go to the gym that day. It was enough of a workout lifting heavy boxes and furniture. My shoulder is sore from it actually.. Gotta keep stretchin it!

Last night I did a workout at home. Deep squats, split squats, deadlifts, etc. Today I cleaned my house.

Sorry I left you behind and didn't take you to Hawaii with me................I'll likely be in BC in April, if not before and I'll let you know.

Have a great one!

LOL! This cold is really getting to me man! The sun is out today but everything is all icy. It's so cold my boyfriend's cat has to sleep under the covers right beside me.. Or he sleeps on top of me. It was very hard to sleep last night. THEN this morning everyone left their dogs outside for the day and they're all barking. I'm so tired..

Lately I've been going to the gym every 2-3 days. It kicks ASS! I'm getting so strong now.

Dec.29th,2008 I was doing standing calf raises with 80 pounds. Now I'm doing them with 115.

My squats have improved too, and my deadlifts. I've been working on my legs a lot since they are the least developed part of my body. I'm noticing results already and it hasn't been a month yet.

Of course, my workout is absolutely intense. Here's what today's looked like for example:

Stiff legged deadlift: 3 sets of 10 at 54 pounds

Hack Squat (with barbell) this was awkward so I only did 1 set with 54 pounds. 10 reps.

Moved onto Smith Machine squats: 3 sets of 10 at 70 pounds (ya i know, it's sad but better than the 50 i was doing before!)

Then I went to the hack squat machine (I Love This!!) And did 3 sets of 10 at 140 pounds.

For calves I did standing leg raises at 115 (2 sets of 10) and some seated calf raises at 90 pounds (2 sets of 10)

I also did some core work and low back extensions.

Man! I feel great.

Just wanted to say that I listened to Bif Naked today for the first time and I FELL IN LOVE. She's so wonderful and such a beauty too. And I just love her voice.

www.bifnaked.com. Check out her blogs! She just finished her last treatment of chemotherapy this month for breast cancer. She's one helluva woman.

There's streaming music on the site too of her latest record, "Superbeautifulmonster"

Her new album, yet to be titled, is scheduled to be released this April. Every time she releases an album she waits until it's being printed before she names it! Lol

The best part about Bif? She's a vegan and so is her doggy, Nicklas. She used to have two but lost Annastasia to cancer a few months ago.

Anywaaaays

I'm a retard.

Guess what I did today?

I went to answer the door and my cat got out, so I ran outside to get her and closed the door behind me.. and it was LOCKED!! Luckily the dude who came to the door let me use his Blackberry-type-thingy and I called Silvio at work.. Turns out there was a spare key under the stairs.

But HOLY SHIT! My heart was pounding! Palpitating! I was outside with my cat with no shoes on, wearing pajama pants with cartoon polar bears on them in the fuckin snow LOCKED OUT OF MY MOTHER FREAKIN HOUSE! AHHH! i stayed pretty calm though, laughing my way through it. The guy who let me use his phone thought I was joking.. But I was dead serious. I just laugh in sticky situations cuz it keeps me from going nuts. It's a defense mechanism.

Before the madness, the guy who came to the door (I think he was a real estate agent) thought I was a kid! No lie! It must be the pants.. And the acne and the fact that I look 12... Heeheehee. He gave me a piece of paper and he's like "Give this to your mom and dad" and I said "I'll give it to my husband!" and laughed. It was pretty funny.

The vegan diet = new fountain of youth.

Polar bear pants = Great for any age.

Hey my mom has a pair. Don't judge me.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't been posting.. I'll get to that later. Right now I need to VENT!!

Some little vegan prick on Facebook told me I didn't love my AND I QUOTE "nazi husband". Oooh that just made my blood boil! I get in arguments with this guy often because he is simply FUCKED in the head. He gets all wound up over dirt not being vegan (you know, cuz the worms and animal poop) but spends all day on his computer where he's zapping thousands of fish by using so much electricity.

I can tolerate him saying stuff to me, but he insulted Silvio. THAT makes me mad. I swear if that little shitstain was standing in front of me I'd kick his ass. But alas, I am the non-violent type. I'd probably just pants him and push him down and laugh.

The only reason he insulted Silvio like that is because we were talking about toothpaste. As some of you may know, Silv is a dental professional, so I asked him some questions I had about it.. Like how it cleans the teeth etc. etc.

Anyways, Mr. Know-it-all-vegan-dickhead said that I was wrong because I'm in a relationship with my "reference". AND because he eats meat (Hence the nazi comment)

Obviously he hates people who eats meat.. Which is stupid because his own mother probably does.. UGH. I wish he didn't bring my man into this. It makes me SOO ANGRY! I know I shouldn't worry about what some turd on the internet says.. and I don't unless he talks badly about someone I love so much. That's the only thing that riles me up.

Ok back to why I haven't posted in awhile.. I simply couldn't find my blog. Plus I didn't train for about two weeks cuz me and Silvio got colds.. Although I got over mine really quickly, my wisdom teeth flared up something fierce. I was unable to eat anything except mushy bland foods (like oatmeal! I went through a whole bag). And I just felt really crummy so I didn't exercise. Now I'm back at it though and I started swimming! Yesterday I went swimming with my niece. It was her first time and she had a blast! That little girl loves water!

This weekend I'm gonna be very busy. I'm making a music video for the new Bif Naked song, then I'm going to Scatterheart's CD release party, then celebrating my birthday, then going DIRTBIKING!! In the snow/rain. Lol.

People really suck sometimes. Screw em'. The Dirtbiking sounds EXCELLENT. I have always wanted to get on one but never have. Enjoy that

Didn't know Silvio was a dental professional. My mom's a dental asst.

Super funny but probably very aggravatin turn of events with the last post. That must have been ridiculous. I am known for doing similar type things constantly.

Wisdom teeth pulling is the worst. I had two taken out 1 1/2 yrs ago. Got two more left. Hopefully they don't give me probs. One keeps growing in every once in awhile and gets painful but it's fine for the most part.

BIF NAKED VIDEO..... YEAAAAAAAA

I like the do it to me now song. Love the message

Ohh Funeral Of A Good Grrl! That songs rawks.

Check out her site to learn about the new video (very fan interactive) contest and new song. www.bifnaked.com

It's a great new track called "I Won't Cry (Fuck You 2) hahaha!

And beforewisdom.. I wish I could come up with simple statements that are mature, yet get a point across.. I just say "FUCK YOUUU!!!" and have a fit.. Cuz I saw red.. I normally don't get that angry. It's odd for me. And well, I enjoy teasing other people. I know I reacted out of context but.. I just couldn't help myself. That guy bugs me so much. He thinks unborn babies are "parasites".. and he has kids.. That's nice to know. Nobody ever passes a tape worm and dresses them up in clothes and feeds them. I don't know how anyone can compare a child to a parasite.. That's sick.

ANYWAY!! Enough of that. I need to make my video!

And beforewisdom.. I wish I could come up with simple statements that are mature, yet get a point across.. I just say "FUCK YOUUU!!!" and have a fit.. Cuz I saw red.. I normally don't get that angry. It's odd for me. And well, I enjoy teasing other people. I know I reacted out of context but.. I just couldn't help myself. That guy bugs me so much. He thinks unborn babies are "parasites".. and he has kids.. That's nice to know. Nobody ever passes a tape worm and dresses them up in clothes and feeds them. I don't know how anyone can compare a child to a parasite.. That's sick.

Ack! What a loser. I feel sorry for his children. Maybe somebody can start a fund now, that has compounding interest so his children can afford psychotherapy when they grow up.

Every once in a while I handle people like that perfectly. They don't get under my skin at all and I politely get myself out of my conversation before it robs any time out of my life. I'm not perfect. Plenty of times I still get sucked into those things, I still get worked up and I still let it rob time from things I enjoy. The thing to do is to accept that you are not perfect and it is going to happen.

Even if you/I can't avoid staying out of those things and staying emotionally clean you can always cut those conversations short to cut your losses. That is the beauty of the internet. Push a button, make a nuisance go away.

Plenty of good music to rock out to, plenty of good books to read.

Aww you guys ^^

Thanks so much!

I vowed to stay away from forums (Except this one!) so that I won't go crazy. I'll just draw when I get bored.

Tonight I went to a CD release party for one of my fave bands, Scatterheart. I've been seeing them since they first started out. Doug Fury from Bif's old band line-up is in Scatterheart. I also saw other ex Bif Naked band members too like Scotty McCarger and Gillian Hanna (who's a good friend of mine!). It was so much fun! Now I got a new CD to listen to. It's all about the Love Rock Revolution! Very peaceful music. I recommend you guys checking them out on Myspace (www.myspace.com/scatterheartband) and listen to "THE FREE". Reminds me of animals.

Cheers!

Good morning, beautiful people!

Well I am writing to you early early early.. 2 am to be exact. My neighbors decided to play some music (or a movie with a lot of music in it) with their subwoofer on.. Woke me up! There's no way I'll get back to sleep, after all I went to bed at 9!

I'd like to thank Giacamo and Tasha for the birthday wishes! I don't have my birthday posted, so I don't know how they found out! Probably Myspace. Thanks so much guys!

I slept most of my birthday. I celebrated on Saturday with my family and friends at the local pub. It was a blast! We had karaoke and lots of drinks and food. I had the veggie platter (very fresh veggies! Mmmm) and some fries.. Which made me bloated lol. And of course.. DRINKS!! I got some birthday shots from my mom. Thanks mom!

I also got gig neck.

So that's why on Sunday, I was very tired and slept most of the day. Or at least tried to.. Heheheh. Some friends took me out for supper and I ordered a portabello mushroom burger without mayo/cheese/etc and it came back with MAYO! I sent it back of course.. But not after hungry piggie me devoured half of it before noticing! I didn't order anything else after that and went home and straight to bed! I was feeling very crummy. Rightfully so after polluting my body with animal fats! YUCK!

It happens to everyone. I'm just grateful I didn't get sick at the restaurant.

Listening to lots of Scatterheart and filling my head with positive thoughts.

I'll get back to working out today!