Way Too Easy Pasta Salad

strawberryriddick

Someone on another forum asked how to make an easy, cheap pasta salad, so I threw my recipe in:

You'll Need

-Dry Pasta

-Frozen Mixed Veggies (your choice, I like the pea and carrot one, but something with bell peppers would be great as well)

-Italian Dressing of your choice

Make It

Boil pasta according to the directions. When pasta is 2 minutes shy of being done, add the frozen veggies. Drain in a colander, add dressing to taste, and cool. Add dressing before it cools to make it easier to mix by preventing the pasta from sticking together.

Depending on the pasta you get, this will cost very little. You can get 2lbs of pasta for about $2, 1lb of mixed veggies for $1-2, and you can find Italian dressing at a damn dollar store

Nice. I like fast, cheap, and easy : )

Like your mom.

Sorry, I couldn't resist making a stupid middle-school joke

Yes, this would have to be a very fast, cheap, and easy thing to make for sure. The great thing is that most people don't include meat in their pasta salads (some like to put tuna, but most don't), so it's great to make for buffet-style meals, like if you have a potluck at work. That way, all your omni co-workers are familiar with what the hell it is and they don't need to ask if there's tofu in it (but one always will). You can add a can of olives to make it more fun.

I should really do a pasta salad right now. We Finnish are lucky as there's this "protein pasta", which is high in protein (part of the flour has been replaced by adding wheat gluten), so even pasta salad with no legumes can be high in protein too.

I usually add to my pasta salad whatever fresh veggies I have in my fridge at the time, olive oil, winegar and pepper. Perfect!

• 2 weeks later...