VBBF Challenge: One Million 1,000,000 Push Ups

Yeah fun isn't it!

No I hardly did any before this. Trying to see how far I can take this and whether or not it's realistic training to beat the world record one day. My goal for until the end of January is to do the 6 sets of 35 each day and seeing how things go I either want to increase the number of sets or the number of reps each month and continue working on form.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was browsing the forum and was surprised to see we didn't have one of these threads which are very popular elsewhere. Basically everytime you do pushups, remember how many you did and then post here. We'll keep a running total and see how fast we can all contribute to One Million Push Ups completed by members of VBBF.

Actually there was a similar thread but it was only for a week and was an individual contest.

5-day max push-up challenge!

Too bad we started those threads at different times otherwise it would make almost 10,000 already.

I just saw that thread today and did 2x30

And complete push-ups, touching the floor and then going up to full extension of the arms, not like in the videos I did before...

3615+60

Running Total: 3675

No way!!!! How did I miss that... I swear I used the search tool honest!

Awesome form in the videos! From my view it looks like you're locking your arms out already most of the time

Edit: That Alan Jones dude is THE MAN

17,003 Consecutive Situps: World Record Held By Vegetarian Alan Jones

US Marine Corps Captain Alan Jones of Quantico, Virginia was struck by polio when he was five years old. Now a vegetarian, Alan could be the fittest man on Earth by amassing a record of physical accomplishments unmatched by any human that ever lived. He holds the world record for continuous sit-ups (17,003 times). In a 15-months period, he accomplished possibly the most remarkable array of physical achievements ever attained by a human being:

Lifted a 75-pound barbell over his head 1,600 times in 19 hours.

Made 3,800 basketball free throws in 12 hours, with 96 pc hit rate.

Swam 500 miles in 11 days, down a river to the ocean.

Skipped rope 43,000 times in 5 hours.

Skipped rope 100,000 times in 23 hours.

Swam 68 miles in a swimming pool without a sleeping break.

Swam half a mile in zero degree Celsius water without a wet suit.

Performed 51,000 sit-ups in 76 hours.

Holy Shitake Shrooms

Edited by RobertSupreme

Running total 4455

More later tonight This is a really cool idea, I like it how everybody contributes towards a larger goal, hah. Also, it makes me want to get more done as it's such a distant goal o_o I want to aim to get 1,000 done in a day on my own, that would be great.

More later tonight This is a really cool idea, I like it how everybody contributes towards a larger goal, hah. Also, it makes me want to get more done as it's such a distant goal o_o I want to aim to get 1,000 done in a day on my own, that would be great.

Awesome! Go for it Richard! I think I'm going to start taking Sundays off for r&r because my whole upper body is knackered just from the push-ups done these last 10 days! Still going to up the ante once Feb comes round though

+ 240 (usual 6 sets + 30)

Running Total: 4665