Crystal's Failed Grad School Training

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robert, things are awesome:

http://awesomenessonline.com/Portals/0/awesomeness_poster.jpg

Okay, too much "How I Met Your Mother" over the holiday break from school, but that is all over! Classes begin TODAY, and its time to get back to the gym as well. Was out all last week because I had my wisdom teeth pulled, then the week before that I spent entirely at a local farm animal rescue (wrestling goats so they don't steel the pig's food does not count as training). Week before that gym was closed. OMG it has almost been a MONTH since I've been to the gym! AaaaaaAAaaaaa!!! I had better get some squatting in, stat!

12 Jan 09 - Mon

Back to it.

Squat: 10 x bar, 12 x 95 lbs, 10 x 115 lbs, 10 x 135 lbs, 8 x 155 lbs

Box Squat: 10 x bar, 10 x 95 lbs, 10 x 95 lbs, 8 x 115 lbs

SLDL: 3 x 10 x 115 lbs

Seated Calf: 3 x 12 x 25 lbs

*stretching

Everything like wrists and backs held up today so it was a great workout .

13 Jan 2009 - Tues

Bench: 10 x bar, 10 x 75 lbs, 10 x 80 lbs, failed on 10 x 85 lbs, 10 x 85 lbs

Incline: 10 x bar, 3 x 10 x 55 lbs

Decline: 10 x bar, 3 x 10 x 55 lbs

*supersetted

Rope Tri: 3 x 10 x 70 lbs

Rope Crunches: 10 x 120 lbs, 10 x 130 lbs, 10 x 140 lbs

Chins: couple, no full ones with palms facing out, then a couple negatives

*stretching

Holy crap, what a difference a few weeks away from the gym makes. My pecs/arms are weaker than a newborn kitten right now. I'm sure it will come back fast, but was sort of a surprise to me today.

Also, school is kicking my ass right this minute. I'm hoping I find a nice balance soon as I haven't gotten a full nights sleep yet this week (was only 4 hours Mon night before above crappy workout). I can't function without sleep!

Other than that, I'm strangely enjoying all my classes despite the workload so far .

14 Jan 09 - Wed

Quick and dirty session at the rock climbing gym. I was there just under an hour when two huge groups came and sort of took over the gym . Was okay, I felt great going in today so I was really cranking and I'm pretty pumped . Could have gone longer, but it's getting late anyway! Time to go home (I'm on the train now), my mom just made a batch of fresh cinnamon rolls that she recently modified to make vegan - such a huge step for her and so nice. I'm lucky to have such a great mother (and I'm pathetic enough to live at home to reap the spoils ).

15 Jan 09 - Thur

DL: 10 x 95 lbs, 10 x 115 lbs, 10 x 135 lbs, 8 x 185 lbs, 9 x 185 lbs

Jump Shrugs: 10 x 95 lbs, 10 x 115 lbs, 10 x 135 lbs

Shoulder Press: 10 x bar, 10 x 55 lbs, 6 x 65 lbs, 6 x 65 lbs

Front Lats: 10 x 90 lbs, 6 x 110 lbs, 6 x 110 lbs

*stretching

Lots of energy today - was a really good deadlift session

• 1 month later...

Holy Crap! I didn't realize how long it has been since my last post! Just got swept away by school for a bit there . . .

Well, to update, I climb about twice a week indoors, squat & climb on Mondays (hit 195 lbs the other day on sqt), bench on Tuesdays (woot! Got 120 lbs yesterday), cardio on Wednesday, climb/shoulders Thursday, volunteer at a farm sanctuary Fridays and I keep my weekends open for fun like snowshoeing or shooting

I also bought a new (to me) vehicle last week, I'll post piccies in a bit here!

Hi LocalBrada , here they are!

My New Toy(ota):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Spring2009/DSCF4190.jpg

Its an awesome 1985 4Runner with 4x4 wheel drive, manual transmission, the works!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Spring2009/DSCF4191.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Spring2009/DSCF4193.jpg

My Weekend Fun:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/vegancrystal/Spring2009/n1325253737_268203_813147.jpg

I'm shooting my friends supressed .22 because it has cheaper rounds than my .45 cal

• 3 weeks later...
That car is so cool gotta love the eighties but I guess it's not that cheap with the fuel.

The gas is cheaper than what I was driving around! I was borrowing a friend's old '73 Chevy truck that got 10 miles to the gallon. My 4Runner gets 20

And Robert, LIFE IS GREAT as always

31 March 2009 - Tuesday

*8 minute warm-up: eliptical

Squat: 20 x bar, 10 x pistol, 3 x 15 x 95 lbs

Fronties: 10 x bar, 10 x 65 lbs, 10 x 85 lbs, 10 x 85 lbs

SLDL: 12 x 85 lbs, 12 x 95 lbs, 12 x 95 lbs

Seated Calf: 20 x 25 lbs (active recovery, bruised up calf muscle yesterday out in the field)

Power Planks: 3 x 60 seconds x 25 lbs

*light stretching

First real workout in weeks! Wow, where does the time go? Kept it light, higher reps than normal and less rest between sets - my legs are destroyed now!

Okay, last week finished up with a great couple of hours of bouldering at my climbing gym in SLC on Thursday and Friday was my farm sanctuary work day. On Thursday I didn't ascend many problems, but there were a lot of new routes and I'm starting to try a grade higher than I've been doing so it wasn't a bad session. Can't wait to try these problems again when I go back tomorrow.

Also getting amped up for my summer move to Houston. I'm taking a week to get there with a stop for climbing in El Paso (a few days at Hueco Tanks, maybe some other areas as well), a day Dallas for visiting, then settling in Houston until the start of August.

Also getting amped up for my summer move to Houston. I'm taking a week to get there with a stop for climbing in El Paso (a few days at Hueco Tanks, maybe some other areas as well), a day Dallas for visiting, then settling in Houston until the start of August.
Video footage of that climb, Miss!! ...pretty please

Oh yeah, there will be tons of footage/piccies from the upcoming trip! Can't wait!

8 April 2009 - Wed

*5 minute warm-up

Bench: 12 x bar, 10 x 65 lbs, 10 x 80 lbs, 10 x 90 lbs, 10 x 95 lbs, 6 x 100 lbs

Rope Tri's: 10 x 80 lbs, 8 x 90 lbs, 7 x 90 lbs

*20 minutes cardio on eliptical

*stretching

Worked out with a friend today, which is nice because he makes me do more cardio than I would otherwise, which is one of my larger weaknesses right now .

9 April 2009 - Thur

*4 minute warm-up, eliptical

DL: 12 x 95 lbs, 10 x 135 lbs, 10 x 185 lbs, 8 x 205 lbs, 5 x 225 lbs

DB Shrugs: 20 x 30s, 15 x 35s, 8 x 40s

*30 minutes cardio (10 rowing, 20 eliptical)

*stretching

Then I made the darn fool mistake of going to the climbing gym with my friends. NEVER climb after deadlifting! My grip was gone, my strength was gone. Could only manage the very easiest of climbs in the whole place and managed to loose some skin . Otherwise, it felt great to deadlift - its been awhile.