Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Octo's Eating Clean Blahg
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm 
Elephant

Ok Im not going to post for a while because im getting ready for a couple competitions, but I can assure you I am eating somewhere between 2K-3K a day. Lots of brown rice, quinoa, and veggies.

Have not had a workout in a couple days, but today changed all that. I did arms with a lil shoulder and a lil lats. Im about to do some abs and chow down on my brown rice,quinoa,red potato,baby corn,black bean,artichoke fried rice.

I did post some pics on the thread that Robert started for us 3 who are competing together.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:52 am 
Site Admin

I'll be in touch about contest stuff asap. I just got home tonight and I'll work on things. I hope all is great! Catch up with you again soon bro.

Check your mail next week too :) The turtle will deliver :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:26 pm 
Finch

Lara bars are 10 for $10 this week @ Publix! Go hog wild!

Last edited by caseykitty1 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:05 pm 
Manatee

I befriended a local larabar rep - he was kind enough to give me this:

There's about 100 there

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:52 pm 
Elephant

I love Larabar... and I always thought that Larabar Jocalat were more like junk food, but now that I look closer, like some larabar flavours they're raw, but the ingredients are organic while larabar ones aren't. The only other difference is Jocalat always contain cocoa, right ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:01 pm 
Manatee

I'm Your Man wrote:
I love Larabar... and I always thought that Larabar Jocalat were more like junk food, but now that I look closer, like some larabar flavours they're raw, but the ingredients are organic while larabar ones aren't. The only other difference is Jocalat always contain cocoa, right ?

I don't want to take over the eating log here. But, i have never had the jocalat ones. Very minimal ingredients just like the larabars - they look good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 pm 
Elephant

I must apologize for me not being online these days and keeping up with this blog. I am working out everyday. This week is as follows:

Mon- Legs and Chest
Tues- Back and traps + 20min run
Wed- Bis and tris + 20min elliptical
Thrs- Chest and some delts
Fri- Legs and Lats + 30min bike

Im eating a lot more even though I scaled it down some. I started feeling like I was carrying more bodyfat on Monday and now that Im incorporating some cardio its not so bad. Maybe if Robert ever gets back to me I can really be shredded. Hope you all stay tuned to us cause its gonna be one hell of a year!!

Last edited by Octopussoir on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:17 pm 
Elephant

I'm really looking forward to seeing you in competition. I think it would be awesome if you posted your cutting diet (when that starts) and maybe some progress pics during the diet. I know that you're a personal trainer so if you (for the same reason as veggieprincess) don't want to I understand.
Good luck with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 pm 
Elephant

xjohanx wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing you in competition. I think it would be awesome if you posted your cutting diet (when that starts) and maybe some progress pics during the diet. I know that you're a personal trainer so if you (for the same reason as veggieprincess) don't want to I understand.
Good luck with it.

No offense to VP, but im here more to help people rather than to collect a few bucks. Its too time consuming to write then type up every single thing I eat. I wont change much when I "cut" i will just reduce the amounts of what I eat. So look back on the previous pages and cut it in half. Today I had a blender full of cherries, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, some Nutiva Hemp and Vega. Prewokout it was a 28oz can of baken beans, tofutti, and some tortilla chips. I am about to make another blender full of potein and fruit and that will be it today.

Workout: I worked biceps, delts, and hamstrings. decline bench situps w/10lbx30, 25lb x30. Did 10 min 3.5mph at full treadle on treadclimber. I will post more workouts than diet until the show(s). BF% is already going down. Face is slimming and abdominal area is as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:19 pm 
Elephant

I like how you balance raw and cooked food, there's always a good amount of larabars, fruits, salads with mushrooms, etc. And I'm impressed that you're keeping a low bf % all year long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:45 pm 
Elephant

Had oatmeal in almond milk with strawberries and raisins for breakfast
2 laura bars by noon
a hummus wrap at 12:30

worked out back and traps today + 10min on precore elliptical

ate a head of butter leaf with 4 strawberries hemp seeds and a Nutiva hemp shake in almond milk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:39 pm 
Stegosaurus

I love hearing from you when I can hear Robert talk to you on the phone.

I'm so excited for you, LG and Robert. This will be one of the biggest events in 2009

I wished you lived closer that way you all three could train together.
Has Laura got accepted here yet? ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 am 
Site Admin

yeah, I wish Octo were here too....man, that would be awesome....but none-the-less we'll meet up a couple of days before the contest, train, pose, compete and hang out for a day or two. And maybe do it all again next year too :)

Hey buddy, I hear you are getting shredded these days!

Catch up with you soon.

Train hard, it's all going to be worth it.....trust me!

We've already been receiving support from our forum members buying shirts or donating some funds, so we'll make it work for all of us to travel away from our home state to make it happen on the stage!

All the best man...I'm training chest tomorrow...thinking about you, since that is a strength of yours!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:02 am 
Elephant

Tuesday- Chest and biceps with CrackerSnack. Man my chest was so pumped that when I took off jacket later on that it looked as if I was wearing a push-up bra. Insane. Chest is looking fuller these days. Its sore right now right where my cleavage meets.

Wednesday- Quads, Calves, and Tris. Light workout. nothing too heavy. Went home and flexed a little and boy are my quads lookin bigger and shaping up more. This competition has gotten me so motivated. Im also not hitting the cliche'd Chest and tri's Back and bi's routine. Im trying to make sure I hit everything twice each week so Im grouping some lower with upper and seems to be doing quite well.

Thursday- I have a trainer meeting at work so who knows what exercises Ill have to do. When I go to the gym later it will be Hamstrings, Traps, Obliques, with maybe some pullups.

Diet is spot on! This morning I so had a temptation to cheat. But them Veggie P, Sea Siren, and the German BB'r(new guy) all popped in my head and said "This is pre-competition sucka. You cant eat that! Youre a bodybuilder." So I didnt eat what I had in mind. I came home and blended some dark cherries, mango, strawberries, Nutiva hemp, and Vega chcolate with almond milk and water. Im so psyched about the contest.

The only thing I need help currently would be my posing routine and which song to do it to.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:13 am 
Stegosaurus

I'm curious to know what you had a craving for?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next