Getting back on track, HC-penguin's new blog

I'm starting a new blog as in my last blog there was a lot of shit and such and I wanted to start fresh again as it's 2009.

I'm changing my gym for a much bigger one. It's very popular gym for serious bodybuilders here as it's well equipted - much better equipted than my latter gym and the charge is fair (€220/6 months). Reason for my change is the equipment and then there's the cardio as I'm starting to add more cardio into my program and it's not possible in my latter gym because there's only one machine for this (as it's really an old school gym) as stationary bikes and I don't get along.

I still haven't been there, but I'm starting next week. During my holiday vacation my weight has gone up to 141lbs (64kg - and this is my afternoon weight, not my morning weight) so I guess that a little break only did good for me as I haven't been putting on almost any weight in months.

But I still have a tummy to tighten up, but I'm thinking of getting into that a bit later as my arms and legs are so weak that I think that more than cutting, I should get myself enough courage to start some serious bulking! I don't want to be shredded, I want to be strong!

Oh and I was thinking of starting to mark my weights in both lbs and in kg so that more of you would understand, what kind of weights I'm lifting.

(just to remind myself:)

1kg is 2.2046lbs.

Currently I lift 25kg (51.15lbs) in flat bench. Haven't even tried incline bench.

I do full squats with 15kg (30.7lbs) because of my poor knees. I haven't done parallel squats for a while now, but I did do them with 40kg (81.84lbs) the last time I did them. I propably should.

I do preacher curls with 17,5kg (35.805) and with 20kg (40.92lbs) barbell.

I haven't done deadlifts for a while, but if I remember right, I did do sets with 40kg (81.84lbs) and 1rep max 65kg (133lbs) two-three months ago. I haven't tried it again for a while now. I should do static holds to get my grip better.

Bicep curls I can do with 6kg (12.28lbs) dumbbells.

And the rest I don't remember and am too lazy to check. I already should be on my way already.

My first gym session this year. I went to my old gym as I didn't have the courage to make the change yet. And I DO feel myself cozy at my gym, at least now I did, when the gym wasn't full and there was actually less people than I've ever seen. Well it was 2.30pm, so most of them were at work or at school, but still. It was the toughest to deside, what to do first as there was so much to choose from.

And I even got to talk to this new guy that was there, in the powerlifting side, the first time ever. I must have been a master in bodybuilding in his eyes as he seemed to be so lost with all those barbells and plates. I tought him how to squat, shoulder press, incline press and showed him how to use the 45° Leg Press, while I myself did my own routines.

Though my intention was to stay as far away as I could from the powerlifting room as I was afraid of getting myself hurt because I was feeling so tired. I was going to do only machines yesterday, but oh well... I had to drag my ass unwillingly out of the "powerlifting" room to the "gym" side (those rooms are named that way) because I couldn't help not feeling weird about it. When I started I always spent most of my time in the gym side and almost never went to the powerlifting side as I had no idea, what to do there and I felt myself so uneasy there with all those big gyus and girls. Now I felt myself lost in the gym side and felt more cozy in the powerlifting side as I only do some cable exercises (and dumbbells) in the gym side nowdays and spend most of my time with free weigts in the powerlifting side. And the leg press as somebody always seem to leave those fucking 50kg (110.23lbs) plates in the 45° Leg Press in the powerlifting side and so I can't get them off because of my weak arms. And my legs can only leg press with about 90kg (198lbs) max, so it would be too much for me.

My gym routine sucked though as I didn't get any higher weights lifted because I was tired. And I felt lost in the gym side, so the machines might look a bit amusing. lol

Front squats (ass to the grass) in slow motion 3 sets with 8 reps @ 15kg (33lbs) empty barbell

Also did a few parallel squats with the barbell in the back of my neck with 20kg (44lbs) barbell, but those I don't count...

bench press

warm-up with 15kg (33lbs) barbell, 12 reps

8 reps with 20kg (44lbs) barbell

2 reps with 25kg (55lbs), to the failure.

I also did incline bench press for the first time in my life with 20kg (44lbs) barbell a few reps to show to that new guy I mentioned. Just 4 easy reps.

And I also did preacher curls, shoulder presses, etc., but I didn't have my book at the moment with me, so I forgot how many reps I did.

Pec deck fly 6 reps with 20kg (44lbs), 8 reps with 15kg (33lbs) and 12 reps with 10kg (22lbs).

Abductors 6 hard reps with 45kg (99lbs - omg, it sounds SO big, lol), 6 reps with 40kg (88lbs).

This I only did out of curiousity as I discussed about it with EvilJukka the other day and I was wondering, how much could I do nowdays. His abductors are in better shape than mine as he does 3 sets of ten with 50kg (110lbs).

Pull-down, narrow grip

warm-up 8 x 25kg (55lbs)

6 x 35kg (77lbs)

8 x 35kg (77lbs), I was going to do 6, but those two I pulled down with pure SISU.

Triceps, cable pushdown

6 x 35kg (77lbs)

6 x 30kg (66lbs)

10 x 25kg (55lbs)

Grannies looked at my grinning face amused. lolled And we had a nice discussion about how it was so different, when we were young and could do pull-ups more easily (honestly, I could do pull-ups ten years ago but not anymore ).

Then I noticed how exhausted I felt and I just trained my quads with leg extention (8 and 10 reps with 40kg, 88lbs) and my abs and obliques with this standing twist type of machine (6 reps with 35kg, 77lbs) and went home.

I could go today too as I don't feel myself so sore after that. And there's a lot of shit I didn't do yesterday so I might as well do them today.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated because I've had some troubles with sleeping. So I haven't been able to train. The last training session was on last Monday and I'm going to be there today too as I was finally able to sleep last night. From Mon to Sun I wasn't able to sleep at all and I was staying up for four or five nights out of those 6. My dad even felt it as I was being such a bitch for this whole week because of my lack of sleep.

My insomnia has been worse than ever before. Like from Friday to Sunday I had only slept for about 3-4 hours. But then I was able to sleep Sun-Mon 8,5h - from 9 PM to 5:30 AM. But I woke up for a while at 1 AM.

I'm too lazy to get myself sleeping pills and I'm sure they wouldn't work, so I don't bother trying. It's only stress-related and my emotional life too has had many ups and downs lately. It's so depressing.

But I'm hoping to get my butt kicked today and I hope that I'll be able to sleep for the following night too.

Train hard and otherwise take it easy (especially mentally). I'm going through a lot of shit myself right now, working out really helps a lot (it'll probably help you with sleeping too).

Thanks, I'm trying my best. Working out actually really helps as I always feel so tired after my work-out that I would want to just doze off right after I get home.

Monday I was working out again. Got a compliment from some random guy who at first said that I should get myself a lighter weight. I said that "sorry, that would be too light for me" and started my set. As I had done a few reps he complimented on how strong I am.

LIGHT WEIGHT, YEAH BUDDY!

• 2 weeks later...

Monday I was working out again. Got a compliment from some random guy who at first said that I should get myself a lighter weight. I said that "sorry, that would be too light for me" and started my set. As I had done a few reps he complimented on how strong I am.

AIN'T NUTHIN TO IT BUT DO DO IT; THAS' RIGHT!

Congrats on the new gym; seems like you are enjoying it to the fullest. What type of newer cardio machines do they have? And way to show that guy whats UP!

I like the YB comment

How are things? Hope all is awesome.

Have a great week!

I'm doing great! Thanks. Got my bench up a bit again and I'm thrilled...

There're my schools Final Exams right now and I don't have much time on my hands, but I'm trying my hardest to get to train too.

Went to Turku last week end... See anyone familiar to you?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/HC-PinGviini/IMG_0213a.jpg

Took that picture in a rush as we were training for so long earlier....

Yeah buddy! I hope your training goes well for you..... buddy!

AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A PEANUT HCP!

Another Robert! And thank you too sweetie, you're lovely.

AIN'T NUTHIN TO IT BUT DO DO IT; THAS' RIGHT!

Congrats on the new gym; seems like you are enjoying it to the fullest. What type of newer cardio machines do they have? And way to show that guy whats UP!

Not a new gym yet, I seem to feel so cozy there where I've been training for the 7 months and no wonder. Last week I was there and there was a powerlifting competition. Those girls with their muscular quads and those boys and their calves.. It was inspirational and disturbed my training but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!! Those guys were still young (most of them at least, two older ones though) and they were still quite shredded, not that much fat on them and I loved watching them snatch.

And I DID show that guy well as I did those hyperextentions. And felt so good after I finished my sets that it almost made me sing.

AIN'T NUTHIN TO IT BUT TO DO IT! THAT'S RIGHT!

Edited by HCPinGviini

WAHOOOOOOO TUUK! Damn you guys are lookin SWOLLLLL

YEAH... BUDDY!

Okay there's: Hardcore-Penguin (me), Violetti, Piiskis (who's not here I think... She was lifting weights first time in 10 years and damn... she's so STRONG!) and - last but not least - tuc.

SeaSiren: Thanks!

Oh my god, my strawberry trousers Pyjama trousers. I look hmm... like I'm bulking Notice the sweat spot in my shirt. At least I did something Anyway, a great pic and great sessions Made my PB at bench. 39 kg. cbob3000, welcome to Turku to train with us There's also other places to train if the wallpaper in tuc's room disturbs your exercise

I knew I would get my thread spammed after that picture.

Yeah, it was a GREAT work-out and I loved training with other vegans. Don't worry about the appearance too much Violetti. It's only the angle that makes it look that way. We should have had pictures taken from those poses we were training at the bar. It would have been so much fun.

cbob3000: Yeah, I do think that being "turkulainen" you have to be a little crazy too.

And thank you, sweetie for your comments! Though I'd look strong rather than just beautiful, but I guess that next tu tuc it's almost impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I trained yesterday and today.

Yesterday I did bicep curls, squats, overhead presses and other types of lifts with two kids, who's total weight was 75lbs.

Today I got a free tour at one gym and went there to try those machines etc. Didn't mark anything down, but I did a lot.

Then I had a boxercise session and after that pilates. Enjoyed them both.

Yesterday I did bicep curls, squats, overhead presses and other types of lifts with two kids, who's total weight was 75lbs.

Lol, that's awesome. Maybe someday you'll be able to do this with me : 145lbs

Yeah, maybe. I've already done calf raises with my ex-bf on my back and he weighted the same as you do.

Today I noticed that in the meds I got there's lactose and gelatin in them. And I have to eat them for a month. Sucks big time, but I guess I'll have to eat them as I already bought them and it would be a waste to throw them away now.

Yesterday I met an omni guy who helped me a bit. We talked about weight lifting and all that and he was like "Yeah, there's this one vegetarian guy who only recently won SM (Finnish Championship) in weight lifting". And so we talked for a moment about all those vegan and vegetarian athletes we (I, mostly) know and he gave me some advises on my diet. As his father is a weightlifting coach and this friend of mine has been lifting weights for as long as I've known him. And that's since I was 15, though I had heard of him before too as he's my first boyfriend's friend. So one could say that I've "known" him for 7 years or so.

I'll have to go to bed now, ciao!

My year 2009 hasn't been starting well. So this blog is going down until I'm healthy again. And I might have to stay away from this forum because of some things that get me upset about it. I don't know, when I'll return. Those who want are able to reach me through Facebook or email.