skippy .......

savebabe

Hi all,

I've been sooo rude. I've been on this site for donkeys, and have never taken the time to post, nor to introduce myself. (apart from Rob who has helped me out enormously).

I'm a Aussie gal living in a very small (I mean don't blink or you'll miss it) farming community. You can imagine how popular a vegan is here! I've been weight training since Cory and Lee Priest graced the covers of Muscle & Fitness (thats over 17yrs).

I've got an 8yr old daughter, and 6 dogs (who I love to take jogging every day). We also have an array of chickens, gaots, and a cat called Tiger. We barter our eggs, and will also do the same with our goots milk when they start milking (hand raised from kids).

My husband is a full on carnivore (being from London, and Maltese) he has shocking eating habits. SO I cook 3 seperate meals (my daughter is a semi-vegetarian).

We have an array of wild life in our back yard, from Kangaroos, to wallabies, wild deer, and aparently even a few wild Pumas (left over from the good old US army). I'm in the heart of the gold counrty so I see devastation of our native wild life on a daily basis as huge trucks, and earth movers destroy the land in a bid to find gold......

Anyhows, fabulous to meet you all.

Be good!

Hey, thanks for joining our group!

Great to have you over here. It was nice to be in touch via e-mail but great to have you here so you can get feedback from a variety of people from all over the world and from all different fitness and lifestyle backgrounds.

Feel free to post anytime, we'd love to hear more from you.

All the best,

Hey save babe,

Man I would love to visit Australia. And New Zealand too. In fact, I would love to live in New Zealand- what a beautiful, lush green country.

My favourite show use to be Xena" Warrior Princess, in part because she was hot, and because of the scenery (It was taped in New Zealand), and because Aries God of War was hot (played by kevin Smith, who tragically died a few years back doing his own stunt in a movie). Also because I love that ol' fashioned sword fights and shit. Hot.

ANyway, is it true that in Australia, Koala Bears eat the Eucalyptus trees and get all stoned and shit? That's cute.

How about dingos? DO you have any dingos? Wow you have 6 dogs, and lots of other animals. You must be in animal heaven there!! YOur so lucky. I would love to be surrounded by the animals. Unfortunately I live in the suburbs in the busy city of Toronto (Canada). Toronto Canada is exactly the same as New York City, US.

later

natalie

• 2 weeks later...

No koalas don't get stoned from eating gum leaves!!! Thats just a joke. Aussies love to pull one over on anyone who'll fall for it! Dingos are mainly in the desert regions. Yes its stinking hot in summer. Dry desert heat. Up to 50 degrees celcius. Zena was always a fave of mine. I used to fancy myself as her (my sisters ex used to tell me I looked like her!). I usually go by queenzena as my post name in forums but savebabe is from one of our animal organisations to save pigs from the unbearable and immoral practice of terrible pig farming. (savebabe.com). At least I've turned my girlfriend off ever eating pork again, and I wear the t-shirt witht the website emblasoned on the front.

When I jog I usually have kangaroos bounding along beside me. Heaps of wild kookaburras, and cockatoos etc!

I have fanatstic life, but there are a lot who don't like the country lifestyle and prefer the city. It depends on where you are careers wise also. I am an alternative type of girl who loves the country and has gicen my career the flick for a healthier lifestyle.

No koalas don't get stoned from eating gum leaves!!! Thats just a joke. Aussies love to pull one over on anyone who'll fall for it! ...P

YOU GO JOGGING ALONGSIDE KANGAROOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

heeeeeeyyyyyyy....wait a minute............are you trying to pull one over me again????

Ya, I used to fancy myself as Xena to. If you look like her, you must be very pretty - I always thought Xena was a very attractive woman.

Do you remember "Aries, God of War". What did you think about him?? He is was SMOKIN hot. he was so sexy in Xena. Did you know that he died a few years back doing his own stunt in a movie? How tragic - he was still young.

Both the Koala bear, and especially the roo will disembowel a dog...I think I'll give it a miss!!!

I look pretty woggy, don't know about pretty!!! When I first met my husband I told him to look out for the woggy looking chick dressed in black with bitch written all over her!! (I was wearing a top that had the words "bitch" emblazoned on the front of it!)

Anyway I still fancy myself as Zena. She eruded power (she was a single mother too in real life)...god love her. Can't remeber the guy though....was he that blonde dude that ended up getting his own series as an off-spin..Hercules?????

"Disembowel a dog???!!!!" .......

I did not relaize that kangaroos are vicious animals. So if as human you went up to one and tried to pet one, that is NOT a good idea? Please educate me on this.

NO, not the blonde guy. That's "Kevin Sorbo". The blonde guy was Hercules, but that is not who I mean. Actually, Xena got her own show as a spin off to Hercules. Hercules was first.

I mean the tall dark and handsome guy, the one with the amazing manly arms and a jaw that looked like it had been hand sculpted by God!!! He was Ares God of war played by Kevin Smith, and appeared on both Xena and hercules.Google "Kevin Smith", check out some pictures of him and then come back here and tell me if you remember him from the show and if you think he is hot.

Ok i'm gonna come out and admit being a Xena fan as well. She kicked some serious ass. And she was hot. Oh too look like lucy lawless. Welcome savebabe. I love that movie, Babe, i got it for my little sister for christmas, drives my parents crazy every year she get a film with a veg message. I used to live in South Africa and its fun to tell people we all lived in huts and rode elephants to school and drink rhino pee to cure headaches. The stuff people will believe. Seriously. Never been to Australia but always thought it would be great to rough it and do the whole fruit picking thing, or try to go through a job placement thing and bartend. or something. anyways i'm done rambling now.

Charmaine,

WHo would have thought that your introduction post was going to turn into a Xena fan club exchange!!

Ya, Kollision, I don't know why they did that with the baby? Also, I don't know why they cancelled the show. Any ideas anybody?

Also, are there any reruns of Xena on tv? I cannot even find any rerunsof the show.

No, I don't watch stargate or starwars or anything like that. Not really into the sci-fi, futuristic stuff.

Charmaine,

WHo would have thought that your introduction post was going to turn into a Xena fan club exchange!!

Ya, Kollision, I don't know why they did that with the baby? Also, I don't know why they cancelled the show. Any ideas anybody?

Also, are there any reruns of Xena on tv? I cannot even find any rerunsof the show.

No, I don't watch stargate or starwars or anything like that. Not really into the sci-fi, futuristic stuff.

Prolly cancelled the show because the ratings were low?

Havent seen any reruns of Xena sadly, only a Hercules movie with Sorbo.

Aw..Stargate is one of the best!

Not really into Oprah...gum leaves have very high water content, and Koalas do sleep a lot during the day, but get near them and they'll be anything but dopey

see link below

www.savethekoala.com

I think we know who the dopey one was on Oprah!!!!

Aussies should really take the time to get to know their native wildlife BEFORE they open their mouths!

If you look in the kids project you'll see what I mean. Don't worry I had the same arguement with my hubby....and he still won't believe me!!!!