Octo's Eating Clean Blahg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy New Year!

You are the man dude! Lean and Green and I pushed it today, knowing what we're up against. All the best...I'll be in touch soon about contest details

For now....eat and get Swol! I'm bulking up from now to March and then cutting for those final 4-5 weeks....I'm too lean to need to cut now so I'm trying to add a bit of size over the next quarter year and then lean out in that final month by adjusting my diet a lot and tons of cardio while still eating a lot and lifting heavy to maintain that new muscle. Let's make it happen!

Oh have I ever so been "sucking" this week in getting my blog up. Ever since I lost that big day of eating ive been kinda misplaced wih everything. I have been recording my food, but not posting here. EVerything goes back to normal this coming week so Ill be online more to post and keep everyone updated.

Pics will be posted today to satisfy Robert. ha ha

I took my CPR/AED calss yest and i think I had too much pressure on my dominant wrist cause all morning I could feel pain. This sucks. Going to gym today to try and lift. If anything I might have to do legs all week. We all know I could use it.

Robert needs to send me my shirts!! Its been since Christmas Roberto!!!

January 5 2009

5:15am- Oats,raisins,banana,almond milk

8:15am- Larabar(lemon bar)

9:30am- L.B.(peanutbutter cookie)

11:30am- L.B.(apple pie)

12:30pm- hummus spinach wrap with fries

4:15pm- L.B.(cashew cookie)

4:30pm- Kickass Chest workout!!!

6:30pm- for dinner I will have had some homemade fried rice w/mushrooms,olive oil, brown rice, garlic, a lil soy sauce

Ok Im not going to post for a while because im getting ready for a couple competitions, but I can assure you I am eating somewhere between 2K-3K a day. Lots of brown rice, quinoa, and veggies.

Have not had a workout in a couple days, but today changed all that. I did arms with a lil shoulder and a lil lats. Im about to do some abs and chow down on my brown rice,quinoa,red potato,baby corn,black bean,artichoke fried rice.

I did post some pics on the thread that Robert started for us 3 who are competing together.

I love Larabar... and I always thought that Larabar Jocalat were more like junk food, but now that I look closer, like some larabar flavours they're raw, but the ingredients are organic while larabar ones aren't. The only other difference is Jocalat always contain cocoa, right ?

I don't want to take over the eating log here. But, i have never had the jocalat ones. Very minimal ingredients just like the larabars - they look good.

I must apologize for me not being online these days and keeping up with this blog. I am working out everyday. This week is as follows:

Mon- Legs and Chest

Tues- Back and traps + 20min run

Wed- Bis and tris + 20min elliptical

Thrs- Chest and some delts

Fri- Legs and Lats + 30min bike

Im eating a lot more even though I scaled it down some. I started feeling like I was carrying more bodyfat on Monday and now that Im incorporating some cardio its not so bad. Maybe if Robert ever gets back to me I can really be shredded. Hope you all stay tuned to us cause its gonna be one hell of a year!!

Edited by Octopussoir

I'm really looking forward to seeing you in competition. I think it would be awesome if you posted your cutting diet (when that starts) and maybe some progress pics during the diet. I know that you're a personal trainer so if you (for the same reason as veggieprincess) don't want to I understand.

Good luck with it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you in competition. I think it would be awesome if you posted your cutting diet (when that starts) and maybe some progress pics during the diet. I know that you're a personal trainer so if you (for the same reason as veggieprincess) don't want to I understand.

Good luck with it.

No offense to VP, but im here more to help people rather than to collect a few bucks. Its too time consuming to write then type up every single thing I eat. I wont change much when I "cut" i will just reduce the amounts of what I eat. So look back on the previous pages and cut it in half. Today I had a blender full of cherries, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, some Nutiva Hemp and Vega. Prewokout it was a 28oz can of baken beans, tofutti, and some tortilla chips. I am about to make another blender full of potein and fruit and that will be it today.

Workout: I worked biceps, delts, and hamstrings. decline bench situps w/10lbx30, 25lb x30. Did 10 min 3.5mph at full treadle on treadclimber. I will post more workouts than diet until the show(s). BF% is already going down. Face is slimming and abdominal area is as well.

I love hearing from you when I can hear Robert talk to you on the phone.

I'm so excited for you, LG and Robert. This will be one of the biggest events in 2009

I wished you lived closer that way you all three could train together.

Has Laura got accepted here yet?

yeah, I wish Octo were here too....man, that would be awesome....but none-the-less we'll meet up a couple of days before the contest, train, pose, compete and hang out for a day or two. And maybe do it all again next year too

Hey buddy, I hear you are getting shredded these days!

Catch up with you soon.

Train hard, it's all going to be worth it.....trust me!

We've already been receiving support from our forum members buying shirts or donating some funds, so we'll make it work for all of us to travel away from our home state to make it happen on the stage!

All the best man...I'm training chest tomorrow...thinking about you, since that is a strength of yours!

Tuesday- Chest and biceps with CrackerSnack. Man my chest was so pumped that when I took off jacket later on that it looked as if I was wearing a push-up bra. Insane. Chest is looking fuller these days. Its sore right now right where my cleavage meets.

Wednesday- Quads, Calves, and Tris. Light workout. nothing too heavy. Went home and flexed a little and boy are my quads lookin bigger and shaping up more. This competition has gotten me so motivated. Im also not hitting the cliche'd Chest and tri's Back and bi's routine. Im trying to make sure I hit everything twice each week so Im grouping some lower with upper and seems to be doing quite well.

Thursday- I have a trainer meeting at work so who knows what exercises Ill have to do. When I go to the gym later it will be Hamstrings, Traps, Obliques, with maybe some pullups.

Diet is spot on! This morning I so had a temptation to cheat. But them Veggie P, Sea Siren, and the German BB'r(new guy) all popped in my head and said "This is pre-competition sucka. You cant eat that! Youre a bodybuilder." So I didnt eat what I had in mind. I came home and blended some dark cherries, mango, strawberries, Nutiva hemp, and Vega chcolate with almond milk and water. Im so psyched about the contest.

The only thing I need help currently would be my posing routine and which song to do it to.

I'm looking up that info for you....online may be the best bet....or I can pick up some stuff in Portland and send it....anyway, thanks for keeping in touch so well.

I think about you and how shredded you are when I'm training, eating and keeping myself on a pretty good diet.

Thanks for the motivation.

All the best man!

Stay Swol!

Dude!

I just got home.....now I can catch up on things.....you should start a NEW journal...Lean and Green and I just started it today for our 12 weeks out program.

I'd love to have all 3 of us with new blogs just for this show....it will be awesome! I'll catch up real soon.

Stay Swol!