Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Food Log w/ pics
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:43 am 
Elephant

Some pics of food I ate lately:

a dried fig

Hanna said "carrot-citrus jam" mistaking with marmelade (orange and orange zest)... it gave me an idea, though carrot-citrus could not make jam or a good jam, I made this mango-citrus-carrot thing, pretty good

Bananas with Nature's Path's Hemp Plus granola cereals with Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seeds Nut.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 pm 
Elephant

This pictures look delicious! I too like hemp and banana, good selection. How are your goals coming along man?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:28 am 
Elephant

Thanks!
I'm doing pretty good for my goals, but it's too soon to tell. Could be better - I try to gain weight and I try eating a lot, but it's not so easy, as my weight stays pretty much the same since a few weeks at 142 lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:32 am 
Elephant

wow this is so old... the weather was like minus20 degrees celcius and now its 30, sometimes 40 degrees. hot and there was smog in the air during the whole week; couldn't breathe. I dont have asthma or anything, but the air was so filled with scum that nobody want to take deep breath of this shit. Really can't wait to leave this crazy town : in just about 2 weeks I leave ! but for some even more polluted and stressful - but surely amazing- places : new york, london, paris... then perhaps I'll be able to breathe some fresh air when walking on some rustic roads in France, belgium, etc, or to take a nap under a tree that isn't standing in the middle of a traffic jam.

Anyways, I hate some delicious fruits during the past few weeks, especially when I did some sort of fruit fasting 2 times for one week each, eating fruits, and green salads.. .that was good, but then I came back to my addictions like cookies or soy chocolate ice cream and other sweets, etc or some more healthier stuff like sandwiches... I start again a clean diet for a week and a half before departure: fruits, greens, hemp protein shakes...

I love those sour yellow prunes, delicious, juicy and refreshing...

more: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/P1000037.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:18 pm 
Elephant

Nice pics.
The watermelon in the grass is gorgeous!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 pm 
Elephant

I thought I posted some pics of what I was eating lately during my trip in Europe but I didn't. So here's some stuff I was eating.

Smoked tofu with Tofutti cream cheese, sweet peas.

Some organic plums from The Garden of Hanna (would make a good title for a movie).

Some yerba mate drink from a health food store in Finland.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC01324.jpg

Back in Montreal, some pita I made with ground fake chicken.
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2009/2009%20vegan%20servings/DSC02075.jpg

And a vegan burger I cooked.

My new Winter diet:
I bought lots of food in bulk that wasn't too expensive: oats and oat bran for oatmeal and I add raisins and soy milk in it (or rice milk, etc). I want to avoid eating too much wheat and soy, so I will eat:
quinoa, rice, oatmeal, corn pastas, soba noodles (buckwheat noodles), rice noodles, mung beans noodles (this product is increddible, more proteins than carbs in it, delicious, particular texture and taste, etc), hemp protein shakes, veggies and fruits.

Post subject: Re: Food Log w/ pics - NOW 100% Raw!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:50 pm 
Elephant

I eat 100% raw vegan since almost 2 weeks now - I began 1st of June and decided to do this for at least one month. I will continue longer for sure because I feel much better than before and am getting fit and cut... In winter I'll aim for at least 50% raw.
The first week I lost 7 pounds of fat and water.

I eat delicious foods like cherries, blueberries, bananas, apples, dates, hemp, large salads...

Will post pics of food, pics of me and my training log soon! Not now cuz I'm typing on my iPhone ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 am 
Elephant

Lol, last month I've been sick for less than 5 days with a flue, it always strike me once or twice a year with muscular pains... I don't really have the cough and sneeze exept a bit near the end. But my 2 roommates got sick and they have been sick for 2 weeks ! I'm not kidding. They are very sick for the first week and then their body is very slow at getting back to their 100% health, which is not very healthy anyway. After 2 weeks they are still coughing and sneezing, I didn't know it was even possible. This is the results of meat, coffee, sugar, cigarette, stress, lack of touch and physical activity, etc...

During that 1 month raw back in June I felt much better.
Now i'm eating a lot of cooked food, but I will try to eat more vegetables and raw. In summer I'm more tempted by fruits. In winter if I eat raw it would be higher in fat (seeds, nuts, avocados). But if I eat cooked food I will try to avoid wheat and soy as much as possible, so a lot of legumes, gluten-free bread with avocado or other kinds of sandwiches. I love rice paper to replace bread. Yellow split pea soup, black beans with rice, etc...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:15 am 
Gorilla

I see you have the same preference for food as I do. I would be raw 100 % if only I had unlimited supply. But hey, isn't there autumn in Canada. too? I guess you have lots of ripe fresh fruit there now. Use it until winter comes. Eating raw fruit most of the time is a way to go, I think. I was raw this spring for 2 months, and I've been eating fruit for 3 days now, and I feel very nice!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7