Go Gaia!

Gaia

Sunday was a rest day since we were hit with a winter advisory and we listened to the wind howl around the house as it came across our lake.

Monday was more of the same kind of weather, but I still got to the gym with my son to work on Legs and Shoulders.

Shoulders were first:

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 50/25warmups, 70/15, 90/8

Dumbell Lateral Raises: 15/25warmups, 20/15, 25/10

Icarian Rear delts: 50/15, 60/10

Icarian Shoulder Press/Dumbell Grip: 70/15, 80/10, 90/6

No break as my son wants to get home and get achievements on his Call of Duty 3 playstation game, so on to Legs:

Leg press: 360/15, 450/10, and push it to 540/8

LifeFitness Leg Extension: 105/15, 150/10, 180/8 (kind of hard to do after the leg press).

Icarian Lying Leg Curl: 80/25warmups, 100/15, 120/12, 150/8

Seated Calf Raise: 90/25 for 4 sets

All done working out. Very busy in the gym and alot of hellos from my friends. I smiled at the comment a young kid made about how the big guys weren't putting away their stacked 45lb plates and it was hard for him to put them away. If you don't like to put them away, then use them! So I kept them on as I did the leg press! He just smiled at me. My son came over and helped me take off the 45s when I was done just so he could get home faster!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday was treadmilling for 5 miles in 60 minutes. Very hard to do after doing Legs yesterday. Though it wasn't till night time did my legs start to really hurt.

Day off from weight lifting. I just went to my 7th grader's band concert. Oi! At the Hop was pretty good, but Kokomo was hard on the ears. My son plays the flute, and yes he is the only boy who plays the flute in the whole band (high school included). He also plays a wicked game of soccer, and is very smart (created a website and did an elementary computer game already). He is also my baby; the last kid of four. . . sigh. . . time for childhood goes by so fast!

Wednesday: Legs hurt too much and I am a little low on energy this morning, so no treadmilling today.

I did Chest and Biceps, and I forgot my card with all the numbers on it, so I did what I call a play day. I know what exercises I have to do, I just play with the weights. Some I might push really heavy, others I just do a lot of reps with medium weights to get a burn.

I am increasing my use of hemp protein again, and decreasing my carbs. My energy has gone down a little, but it could be because I am running around doing holiday chores, or just regular house/Mom chores, and of course running a lot more than I usually do when I am lifting weights too.

Thursday: Ran 5.5 miles for 60 minutes this morning to Planet Sunrise. The show skipped around alot today, and focused on this animal and that plant. Did see a kayaker doing some morning waves of the tide under a rock bridge. Like to do that sometime in my life I think. Went kayaking under the PictureRocks in the UP of Michigan with the caves here and there, and a rolling thunderstorm passed by on Lake Superior that made us go on shore for an hour or less. The next day we did a 10 mile hike along the PictureRocks to see it from way above. It was a wild contrast in my mind: I saw it from below all wet and cool and dark (in the caves and tunnels) and all hot, windy, sandy, and green (with wild blueberries for dessert!) up above.

Ran 5 miles on the treadmill in the late morning (ate toast first and had a belly ache while running, thus don't do this again).

Went in the afternoon (with my son as my training supporter even though he has a tendency to say "let's just go home, and forget about lifting anything more, so I can play playstation games"):

Back and Triceps:

I pushed the weights a little more than last time. Followed the same routine on Saturday.

H.S Iso row: 230/8 new weight

Cable Lat Pulldown: 120/8 new weight

Rope Cable Tricep Extension: 110/8 nw

Overhead Cable Tricep Extension: 6/8 nw

Thus I am increasing the weights even though I am running 5 miles in the morning, and decreasing the food amount. Scales are not going down, and still am bloated from this morning (though not as much). I think I need to drink more water probably.

Saturday was a sleep day, after a morning/afternoon of shopping for the holidays with the family! Too tired to go and run (ran enough around the mall!).

Sunday was to be Shoulders and Leg day, but after a half hour of doing Shoulders, I was easily talked out of it by my son/training partner to do Legs tomorrow.

Shoulders were the same as last time, only this was so hard to do. Some of them I didn't get the set completely 15, but a 13 plus a breather and then 2 to finish the 15. Very tired today, and yes I did a stint of shopping again this morning.

So now it is Monday morning and I went to yoga class (Advanced Anusara) and it was mostly standing twist poses. Yikes! My legs may be too tired to weight lift tonight! and my obliques will definitely hurt tomorrow. We shall see what happens around 4 PM tonight.

• 1 year later...

Goodness, I haven't looked at this journal for the longest time! Thanks for reminding me where I was a year ago today. I wonder if I should give it another go. Hopefully this time I can let go of the bodyfat this year and go for a comp this year.

No, I do not know what is going on in Ann Arbor, MI. Is there a website that advertises it? Or is it just a get together? More info I guess.

Thanks for bringing all this to my awareness!

• 3 weeks later...

Kicking ass is a speciality of mine! oh yeah. Good times again. Mistress of the Dark Weights was my nickname my clients gave me when I was a personal trainer years ago when I was into the comp BB. I pushed them so hard. The other trainer use to tease me by saying I had all my male clients balls in my hands, and he did a gesture like I was strangling them.

Since discovering yoga, I have eased up a little on myself, and others - I eased back to the yoga concept of going to the EDGE - not jumping over it and going beyond!

But I have fond memories of whipped clients leaving with knuckles dragging on the ground and a smile on their face from a great grueling workout (or was it really the image of me in a dominatrix costume? ).

Well your butt kicking didnt work all that well - I ended up being a little lame today. Check out my new log... Im going to start keeping track more.. See what you think Im lacking besides freshness.. lol again thanks so much for the early morning chat. - Alyx