vitamin d

Hero

they are called supplements for a reason though, for those of us who can't get alot of sun (like me here in grey Cleveland, Ohio, with only a few months of beautful weather ), you can supplement your natural vitamin D production.

they are called supplements for a reason though, for those of us who can't get alot of sun (like me here in grey Cleveland, Ohio, with only a few months of beautful weather ), you can supplement your natural vitamin D production.

which is why i said "what most can naturally", referrning to those who have access to the sun should use it.

yeh and i see ppl who live in this state buying vitamin d, when they have access sun. i am not a fan of this pill popping generation. nuff said.

After all the skin cancer warnings over the last 20 years or so, can you really blame them? People have been inundated over and over to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and to wear so much sunblock when you go outdoors that you may as well be inside.

true but the keyword is prolonged. you do not have to spend all day sitting outside to grab your dose of vitamin d. a simple 15 minutes outside of the house or work cubicle will suffice.

thats 1% out of your total minutes in one day. i think someone could manage that.

of course, the darker your skin, the longer you have to be outside... cause the paler your skin the faster the absorption rate is...

After all the skin cancer warnings over the last 20 years or so, can you really blame them? People have been inundated over and over to avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and to wear so much sunblock when you go outdoors that you may as well be inside.

true but the keyword is prolonged. you do not have to spend all day sitting outside to grab your dose of vitamin d. a simple 15 minutes outside of the house or work cubicle will suffice.

thats 0.01 % out of your total minutes in one day. i think someone could manage that.

of course, the darker your skin, the longer you have to be outside... cause the paler your skin the faster the absorption rate is...

True enough, but the scientists never tell you that, or people just don't understand the difference. Or that fact that you can get just as much sun exposure on a cloudy day as you can on a sunny day.

Here's an article corroborating your theory

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002458.html