Michael is Pumping Iron in Steel City!

ah ha the purpose of your weight loss becomes clear now! making the pullups easier for yourself hobbers? ing behaviour!

good session - heavy volume.

remember 'back in the day' when we used to challenge each other to see how much weight we could shift in one session? i think 22,000lb was my pb! ....the crazy days of my youth....!

jonathan

Hah! I must say I like it though! Carrying around an extra 10 pounds of fat just makes some things harder. Good news for you is that it makes deadlifting easier, so enjoy your up and coming belly.

I think your pb was more like 30,000 pounds. Those were the days. Oh to be young again, like we were 12 months ago.

so with me being monstrously tall, and bulking, im buggered!

You'll be okay, skinny people live longer.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll be okay, skinny people live longer.

now now children! lets not forget whos heavier at the moment, eh?!

its a lovely feeling - walking around holding my belly its still got those cursed abdominal muscles sticking out, but at least its getting a nice round shape!

jonathan

Friday, December 23

Um, finally made it back to the gym!

Bodyweight down to 231 pounds.

Barbell Bench Press -

10x135 pounds

8x155

6x185

4x205

1x225

8x185

No rest between the following sets.

Pull Ups - 3

Dips - 10

Bicep Curls - 10x100 (machine)

Hanging Knee Raises - 10

45 degre incline situps - 10

Repeat

Pull Ups - 2

Dips - 10

Bicep Curls - 10x100 (machine)

Hanging Knee Raises - 10

45 degre incline situps - 10

Tuesday, December 27

Holding steady at 231 bodyweight.

Started out with a set of pull-ups, 5 reps with chest all the way to the bar. I'm loving this aspect of my lower bodyweight. Most of my life I have been abled to do one or no pull-ups and that just with chin over bar. Fun stuff!

Barbell Shoulder Press -

8x95 pounds

6x115

4x135

Deadlifts -

8x135 pounds

6x225

4x295

1x345 Okay, not loving this aspect of my lighter bodyweight. This was heavy and I failed at a second rep.

Barbell Curls -

5x70 pounds

5x80

5x90

5x100

2x110

1x120

Thursday, December 29

Two words! Tired and weak! No further description of today's workout is needed.

Okay, I'll describe it anyway.

First I'll provide my excuse for my sorry workout. I've had about 12 hours sleep total this week.

Bodyweight 235! Up four pounds in two days? Weird, but then I have had some super fantastic meals prepared for me this week.

Last night's dinner was:

Quesadillas with black beans, spinach and vegan cheese, fresh guacamole, vegan sour cream, fire roasted salsa, blue corn chips and Corona with fresh lime to wash it down! YUM!

Oh yeah, weight lifting, that's what this log is about.

Barbell Bench Press -

10x135 pounds

8x185

3x3x205

6x185

Dips - 2x10xbodyweight

Hanging Leg Raises - 2x10

Crunches 2x25 with band resistence.

Yup! That's all!

First I'll provide my excuse for my sorry workout. I've had about 12 hours sleep total this week.

You lie!!

Quesadillas with black beans, spinach and vegan cheese, fresh guacamole, vegan sour cream, fire roasted salsa, blue corn chips and Corona with fresh lime to wash it down! YUM!

Wow. Does sound yummy. Lucky guy to have someone prepare that delicious food for you!!

Some Pittsburgh Gyms - I have no idea how what they look like but they are all in close proximity to your new apartment.

This one sounded hardcore!

Exercise Warehouse

Address: 4042 Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15224

Phone: (412) 621-1650

Heck. Here's my search:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?&&city=Friendship&state=PA&uzip=15224&country=us&msa=6280&cs=4&ed=OXfwI61o2TyyXfB.mN02JB04rMeQsUnIZ6iZSDaaw20s&stp=y&stx=8107092

Sunday, January 1

Gym closed today, so did some simple stuff.

Alternating sets of push-ups and sit-ups: 15,15,20,25,25 for a total of 100 reps each. Took a two mile walk, was going to do pull-ups while out, but the local high school has built a 12 foot chain link fence around the pull-up bars since I was last there this summer.

Monday, January 2

Pullups/chinups 3,3,2

Dips - 10bw, 8bw+25, 6bw+35, 4bw+45 Finally got to add some weight to my dips, it's good fun! Left shoulder felt a slight tweak though, so left it at 4 sets.

More Pullups/chinups 3,3,2

Seated Cable Rows - 3x6x170 pounds

Shrugs - 10x100, 10x200, 10x300

Tricep Cable Press Downs 3x10x100 pounds superseted with ez-bar curls 3x5x100 pounds.

Thursday, January 5 2006

Pull-Ups - 5

Deadlifts -

5x135 pounds

4x225

3x295

1x345

1x395 Too heavy for under 400.

Barbel Bench Press -

5x135 pounds

5x155

5x185

3x205

2x225

fx235 There were two gym employees hanging out behind my bench at this point. I'm going to press 235 pounds and this guy's hand is dangling right in my face. Should have been abled to nail 235 anyway though.

Pull-Ups - 3,2

Dumbel Curls -

8x35 pounds each

6x40

4x45

damn it. i step out for a little bit and everyone beats me to invading michael's log. well, let me continue to "bulk up" the pages of hobbo's log.

for some reason mh pmed me a bulking menu today. for no reason other than...hell, i have no idea what the reason was ...anyways. i share with you all because i care!

Breakfast 1 - One banana and one orange blended with 40 grams of rice protein.

Breakfast 2 - Two bagels with peanut butter.

Snack - One builder bar and mug of soymilk.

Lunch One - Tofurkey and veganaise on whole wheat.

Post workout - 20 ounces of gatorade with 30 grams rice protein.

Lunch Two - Two taco bell bean burritos and a small pepsi.

Snack - One builder bar and/or a peanut butter and jelly on wheat.

Dinner - Take out Chinese with rice and a spring roll - min 1000 calories.

Snack - Peanut butter and jelly or vegan cake slice with glass of soymilk.

Before bed - Rice protein in water.

Additional - Anything else I could cram down my throat!

And let me officially take credit for the delish quesadilla meal mh references in this thread.

for some reason mh pmed me a bulking menu today. for no reason other than...hell, i have no idea what the reason was ...anyways. i share with you all because i care!

And let me officially take credit for the delish quesadilla meal mh references in this thread.

You know very well why I emailed you the menu! You thought I was bulking again just because my day included two bagels, two bean burritos and I was having a second dinner at 10:30pm. I just needed to straighten you out and show you what an actual bulking day looks like for me. That menu was pretty standard in August and September when I put on 20 pounds or about 1kg per week!

Of course I may be bulking by default when I am closer to you! Thanks for the wonderful quesadilla meal, the rice and lentils, the veggies, the tofurkey, the pumpkin pie etc. etc. etc.! I'm looking forward to experiencing "THE" Veganmadre Pizza of VB&F fame, this Saturday night!

Edited by michaelhobson

oooh - do i detect a certain disapproval of bulking from tiff?!

michael - you gotta be strong man! no woman likes her man bulking, but you gotta do it! i cant stand being the fat bastard around here - lets have a race to 260lb!!!!

funny thing is that my bulking menu looks nothing like the one above. my key to bulking is not to move. its easier for me to eat normally and move less than move the same and eat more. i was 242lb on the scales last night

jonathan

oooh - do i detect a certain disapproval of bulking from tiff?!

I think it's more just jealousy really. It's hard for a woman to see the huge amount of food I eat while cutting! She may faint when she actually sees my bulking diet in action.

michael - you gotta be strong man! no woman likes her man bulking, but you gotta do it! i cant stand being the fat bastard around here - lets have a race to 260lb!!!!

You are unmistakeably the resident fat bastard now! You have me by a full 10 pounds, figures that now you want to make it a contest.

I'm going to spend a few months trimming the fat, can't let it accumulate forever you know! Second half of the year, who knows? I may push for 250 again! Maybe even more than 250.

funny thing is that my bulking menu looks nothing like the one above. my key to bulking is not to move. its easier for me to eat normally and move less than move the same and eat more. i was 242lb on the scales last night

You should combine my menu and your sloth lifestyle! You would be one huge bastard then!

Respect Michael! That is a hardcore eating plan

Thanks man! It is pretty hardcore, that's why I am giving it a rest. I just couldn't take it any more after months of being stuffed up to the neck.

And cool seeing you over here, taking a walk on the dark side.

• 3 weeks later...

Long time! No workout!

I had a full two weeks off from working out, now I'm working on free trial memberships at every gym in the burgh.

Thursday, January 19

XShadyside Gym - Trendy urban yuppy gym with the price tag to match!

Barbell Bench Press -

10xbar

8x135 pounds

6x155

4x185

2x205 It's been a while!

Dips - 2x10

Dumbell Curls -

8x35

6x40

4x45

2x50

Hanging knee raises 2x10

That's all, just a quick workout to check the place out.

Sunday, January 22

Club1 - A full service gym with pool etc., a bit worn around the edges and kinda smelly. Not so great for double the price of my old gym! This place wants $165 a month for a family membership! It's a no go for the price and they only have one flat bench! and one squat rack! I will not be joining this place. I'm going to check out The Warehouse Gym next, they look a bit more promising!

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press -

10xbar

8x95 pounds

6x105

4x115

2x135

Leg Press (the lone squat rack was occupied by some dork doing using wrist wraps and straps to do 95 pound shrugs! )

10x3 each of presses, high presses to target hams and calf presses at 200,300 and 400 pounds. Definitely not squats, but it did get the blood flowing and give a reasonable workout.

Pull Ups - 5,3,3

Shrugs -

10x135

8x225

6x275

4x325

Dips - 2x10

Hanging Knee Raises - 2x10

Dumbell Shoulder Press - 6x50 pounds each

Crunches - 50

I have a pass for this place for the week, but I don't know if I will be back.