AM workouts are THE BEST!!!!

I feel like I've had a revelation....

I decided randomly to take a 6am sculpting class at my local gym this morning (which I almost convinced myself I didn't want to do as the alarm went off at 5:15)..... and it was one of the best workout experiences I've ever had.

Lots of parking.... no fighting for weights (or getting stuck with weights that are either too light or too heavy).... only 5 people in the class.... and after all was said and done with (class, solo cardio and stretching).... I was out of the gym by 7:45 ready to start my day!

I then came home, read the rest of my book, got my car cleaned and did laundry. AND IT'S ONLY 11:15!!! Mornings rock, I've discovered today.

Just thought I'd share. (It's the little things )

you should post this in the "happy things" thread

No I'm just kidding, you post whereever you want. I agree, morning rocks, it seems we have time to do so much things before noon, and a whole day seems like an entire life if we wake up early and fill the day enjoying every moment.

But 5:15... training at 6:00... yeah I did that once or twice, I wouldn't like to do this everyday though, I would go in the army, lol. But waking up at 6 and training at 7 is great, for me.

Canadian army, ha ha ha.

When I first started going to Canada when I met my wife and I saw an army recruting sign I nearly shit myself laughing.

I have a Canadian army pin on my gym bag for whenever I need to laugh.

Sorry dude thats enough shit talking but I had too

Canadian army, ha ha ha.

When I first started going to Canada when I met my wife and I saw an army recruting sign I nearly shit myself laughing.

LOL ! I'm laughing but what's so funny about the Canadian army? Their soldiers are less violent than the Marines ? anyway it's not like I bother, even if they were little boyscouts I wouldn't care, lol.

There is nothing wrong with them, you just would have to have been raised here I guess.

We have never heard of them up untill the fighting in afganistan, and even still I only really know they are fighting just because I have a canadian wifey

I love morning workouts, but sucky for me I start a new job on monday with 6am starts - so I don't think I am gonna be able to fit it in. Though I may get a better nights sleep, you see I am a bit of a loser and get so excited about my morning workout that I can't sleep properly - also my boyfriend is awake and about at the time I will now have to exercise and I get all self conscious - ah well at least I won't be annoying the neighbours with loud music in the early hours anymore!

• 4 weeks later...

morning workouts are fantastic. i used to work a late shift starting at 11. i would get up at 6 have a light breakfeast and get started by 7. i like it because not much gets in your way around that time. and i found that my discipline and motivation are best around those times. unfortunately i started a regular 8 to 5 job now and i actually am having trouble keeping up my training like i should. perhaps i should just get up at 5 and be done with it at around 7.

• 2 weeks later...
Canadian army, ha ha ha.

That’s unfair and ignorant.

The Canadians have an exemplary military history.

They were the foe the Germans feared most in WWI, it was the Canadians who finally took Vimy Ridge etc.

The Canadians took huge casualties in proportion to the size of their population in those days.

Canada also had a distinguished record in WWII. Who knows that by 1945 it was little old Canada that had the world’s fourth biggest airforce and navy?

I have no doubt that man for man, Canadian soldiers piss on their US counterparts.

Also the Canadians weren’t late for both World Wars.

When tested the Canadian military more than step up to the plate, and then some, and it’s sacrifices should not be mocked and belittled.

-----

Evening workouts all the way for me, hate training early in the day.

Also I’d just like to add, without getting into the rights and wrongs over whether they should be there or not (not that the troops get a say where they can or cannot serve), the Canadians are bearing the brunt - and taking significant casualties - of some heavy fighting in Afghanistan, unlike some ‘allies’, i.e France, Germany (perhaps understandably though for obvious reasons) and Italy who refuse to allow their troops to be deployed in ‘hot’ and hostile regions of the country.

I try so hard to be motivated to work out in the morning. On the off chance that I am, I feel so good and energetic afterwards. But it's getting the motivation to work out and then go to work (waitressing, which is like a workout in itself!) that is so hard for me. Mega props to you for getting your butt in gear that early. I wish I could!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hahaha, first thing I thought when I read this was "What?! There's a Happy Things thread, that's awesome!"... then I realized it's just me. When you think about though, I think more web forums should have a 'happy things' board, I think it would make the world a more positive place!

And yep, gotta say, ever since I've been doing the morning thing I've been loving having such long days but still, I really value my sleep!

I just added 6am sessions to my training schedule and I am shocked at how good I feel after them. never been much of a morning person but I have so much energy until the afternoon that I got so much stuff done. I was also surprised that I was still able to train at night without problems. It is tough getting out of bed in the 5's but it feels good afterwards.

Hahaha, first thing I thought when I read this was "What?! There's a Happy Things thread, that's awesome!"... then I realized it's just me. When you think about though, I think more web forums should have a 'happy things' board, I think it would make the world a more positive place!

we really do have a "happy things" thread. i think it's under general discussion.

• 1 month later...