Theresa gettin her groove back

Howdy....this is an inspiring forum. Can I share, just cause I'm so excited, after alomst 4 months of consistent work, I'm finally seeing results!

I started working on in early October and started off with 2 weeks raw, and then vegetarian/vegan for a couple of months (giving into cheese in restaurants sometimes), and the last 5 weeks strictly low carb, high protein vegan.

ALso, really started upping my workouts to at least 5 days a week, working hard, rather than just 3. I also found the most awesomely effective workouts that use little or no weight and work mostly isometrically, plus INTENSE cardio dvds.

I am using Tracy Effingers Squeeze dvds, which are REALLY challenging, as well as Amy Bentos cardio dvds, which are super challenging. I also ordered Tracy andersons dvds (Madonna's trainer) and will start using those tomorrow. Kathy Smith also has an isometric workout called "total body lift" that I've used a couple of times in the last two weeks. I have to share that starting these workouts I dropped a pant size in one week-not kidding. up to that point my progress was slow, but I know it can take a few months to really kick in the metabolism-especially at my age, 44. Its frickin AWESOME though, that I hung in there, stayed consistent, and even though it was really about 3 months before I saw any results, my body is really shrinking! It is starting to look how it looked 15 years ago, which is like totally miraculous. Its SO SO true that we just have to hang in there, be consistent and the results really will come! Trusting that has been THE HARDEST part of this journey for me, but trust me, it really WILL happen!!

starting size was 10, now down to tight size 6. at this rate, probably about 6 more weeks will be finally back to a 4, my true size-before my second child was born.

Thanks for letting me share!!

Thanks you guys!!

I feel so blessed to have the consciousness to "get it" about a plant based fitness lifestyle. I used to be irritated that people were so addicted to crap and animal foods, and not wanting to be their best, but now I just feel really compassionate toward them....they just don't know how great life can be. I think the best thing we can do for the world is inspire people just by BEING this way-just by shining our light through our example. I feel very blessed to be able to do this.

yes, another week passed of working out this way and eating good, and I'll be darned, still shrinking! its a miracle. My b'day was yesterday, I turned 44. I put on a pair of skin tight, size 6 jeans and they totally fit, not one bit uncomfortable. I came downstairs and showed my 15 year old daughter, and said, "check it out, this is what 44 looks like!"

A couple of clients of mine said a few days ago, "you don't look a day over 35". Most people think I'm 30...my point is, we get to cheat time with a plant based diet and regular exercise!! That is so frickin' fun to me!! I will post photos in a few weeks after I really get to my goal. I feel so, so blessed....

Blessings all!!

hey, thanks so much!

My goal was to get in the best shape of my life by my birthday and I have to say, I'm darn close! Its so amazing to see the body I had in my 20's coming back. Its like after 15 years of being overweight (SO many emotional reasons for that), and thinking I'll always look frumpy and "rubenesque", its amazing. Its like someone giving you this cool sports car that you always dreamed about but never thought you could have. Wow!! I look in the mirror and its like "who IS that??"

I have probably about 6 more weeks to really get super lean and mean....thats nothing to how long it took me to just get my metabolism ramped up again. I have to say, Brenden Braziers book, The Thrive Diet, really helped me a lot to understand why the body holds onto fat relative to stress. Its so worth reading. Thank you everybody for creating this community!

Just want to share an update...

I found that this week I was REALLY tired, so only worked out 5 days instead of 6 to take a rest. That made a difference...now the size 6 jeans that were tight last week, and didn't even fit the week before, were LOOSE last night. Can I tell you, this is a blast!

I am just really getting to know my body, to feel now what over training feels like, and not eating enough, and really learning to fine tune everything, and man, those results just keep coming. Its quite, quite remarkable.

I just have to say one more time...no matter what age we are we really can turn back time and regain a youthful vitality and physique. this is really fun!

I discovered the Squeeze dvd's. I really enjoy the workouts. I am now doing her e-book routine with all three of her dvd's. I just started so no huge results to report yet but I like doing the workouts and this is a big plus. I never thought that such light weights would hit my arms so bad. My arms are burning after the session..in a very good way.

Do post your food, the low carb high protein vegan. I want to put a recipe database together.

Right now, it's been fake meat, nut, nut butters, protein shakes, and lots of greens. No real recipes. I want recipes!!!!

Rock on with your hot self! It's nice to have it melt away!!!

I got the Core Fusion body sculpt, it ROCKS. I swear my rear went up a bit after that stuff. I will check out the others you recommend. Need to change up the cardio. I didn't like Cardio Sculpt with Violet Zaki, actually the trainer is awesome and the prompting is great, it just didn't kick my rear enough.

Hey guys~

I know, these workouts really work! I might check out that core fusion body sculpt also. I'm getting slightly addicted to this process, lol! When you start seeing real results its hard not to.

I LOVE the squeeze workouts. I didn't know she had an e-book-is that avail. on her website? I am going to check that out too!

Oh! I would love to share the low carb, high protein menu ideas I've been using.

Basically, I have green juice almost everyday after working out, which is usually celery, cucumber and chard.

Breakfast is oatmeal and protein powder (hemp and or vega), seeds and maybe half a chopped apple OR scrambled tofu and greens OR sprouted grain toast and nut butter OR a green smoothie (vega, hemp protein, a bunch of greens like romaine, spinach or parsley, half a banana, some frozen berries and hemp or flax seed)

Lunch is always salad (mixed greens) with some kind of veggie bean soup on top. Its easy and I can get it at salad bars if I'm out (I have whole foods and another store like it in the areas that I work when I'm on the road)

Dinner is usually more salad and I eat the soup I made or make another one.

Soups are always some combination of beans, greens and veggies. Sometimes I make seitan stew, but I always make that stuff cause it lasts for days and I really don't mind eating the same thing everyday. It really makes life easier.

For snacks, I usually don't eat them, but if I do, I"ll have an apple and a handful of nuts or a small green smoothie '

ALSO~ a really important trick I learned (actually I used to do this many years ago and started again) is not eating ANYTHING after 6-7 pm at the lastest. If I am REALLY hungry, I'll have 1/2 a piece of fruit. I can have tea, though, after 7. This really seems to help the fat loss also. I know some people say to eat every 3 hours regardless of how late it is, but I have found that to not be helpful, for me!

What time do you go to bed? I go to sleep most nights at 2 or 3 am, so I am starving if I don't eat past 6-7, but is it three hours before your head hits the pillow? I should have my last meal at midnight, perhaps.

Let me know how many hours, I can usually chug some water and stave off hunger.

I'm going to give it a shot to see if it gives it a little boost. Yeah, I'm buying the Squeeze vid. The core fusion ROCKS. My muscles have been tight for days after it looks like I just worked out. I do it every other day, it's too much every day. Then cardio (mostly the treadmill and circuit with the weights and the big muscle groups).

Thanks!

Thanks also for the recipes! I also don't mind eating the same things over and over. Tonight it's a MASSIVE baby greens salad, cherry tomatoes, 10 walnuts, and one boca chick patty (I like fake meat, what can I say?), with the creamy tofu dressing (low carb, low fat, high protein) see recipe section for my recipe.

I like those fake meats too....boca burger in a salad tastes so decadent!

I try to get to sleep by AT LEAST 10 pm (except weekends), but I'm making a commitment to make that 9:30 pm, for a couple of reasons. I'm a single mom and the only way I can get a workout in is to get up at 5:30 am cause I have to make breakfast, lunches and get my two kids out the door by 7:15 am (they are 15 and 12).

The other reason is that I heard that the body does the majority of its detox on the cellular level between 10 pm and 2 am, and if we are awake at that time, even if we get 8 hours in after that, it is not as restorative as sleeping between 10 and 2. I can tell a difference too. I just feel better if I sleep earlier, but its a HUGE habit that must be created to do that. WHen my kids were babies, I got into a habit of staying up until 1 or 2 am cause it was the only time I had to myself, so I know how that is. Also, before kids I worked the afternoon shift in a hospital laboratory as a medical technologist-thats from 3 pm to 11:30 pm. But when my kids started school I made myself get on a better track-now I feel wiped out if I don't get to sleep early enough.

I just ordered the core fusion! I can't wait to use it! I think I might be over training a bit, pushing too hard. I've been working out 6 days a week, but I'm TIRED! I have to cut back to 5 days until I get stronger. I really like the squeeze workouts. These workouts are really phenomenal. I have to REALLY remember that the other half of losing fat and getting fit is to get enough REST!! geesh...

The food thing though, I have finally got down, I think. Its good to be happy eating the same things pretty much everyday. Makes life a lot easier...now if I could just let go of that coffee....

over training a bit

I'm almost fifty and also getting back in shape after many years, too. I had to learn sometimes more isn't better. Injuries cost me training time last year. Rest is definitely very important. I also agree with your thoughts on timing of sleep and wish I would discipline my self to go to bed earlier. I feel like a spoiled teen, not wanting to go to sleep at my 12 year olds bed time! When I go to sleep early it's also easy to avoid going to sleep soon after eating. You're giving your kids a fine example of life long fitness, rather than the prevailing "40, it's over" attitude. Rock on, Mom.

Hey thanks John! Yeah, my kids are kinda blown away how I'm not like "other moms". its all in the attitude, eh? and oh, yeah, the sleep thing...I guess I just got so tired of being tired, I mean, my kids get up early regardless of what time I go to sleep. I guess I really had no choice! But if I did, I probably would stay up later too. All my friends who don't have kids do

My daughter is home schooled, so we work on a strange clock. It will be a shock when we start regular school at some point, but we did it last year with a private school -- to expensive! The 7 am leave the house thing. Then I went to sleep by 11 pm, I was chronically tired.

Yes, I think having kids really makes me have to sleep early if I want to have any free time at all. I have to get that workout in before they get up, or I just probably won't do it later. Sometimes I make myself do it after they go to school, but that cuts into my work time (self employed).

I started a new thing to deal with overtraining. I am working out (hard) mondays, tuesdays, thurs, fri and sat, taking wednesdays and sundays off. I was doing 6 days a week and was SOOO tired, plus the fat loss stalled. So far, this is working well already. Also, on those wednesday rest days I'm eating all raw vegan. Its easier for me to do raw during the week cause weekends are usually socializing, etc, and kids home, etc. But I'm thinking that all raw is a really deep rest as well as not exercising. Good regeneration day.

BTW, I have found some REALLY killer workouts to do at home with just a set of 3 lb weights and a mat! (Thanks, drop soul for telling me about the core fusion sculpt-I just bought it, can't wait to get it. )

The tracy effinger workouts, called "squeeze" are REALLY effective. I can't believe whats happening to my body. Also, Amy Bento's dvds for cardio-really butt kickin'. And the core fusion that dropsoul talked about. Along the same lines. These are all avail. at collagevideo.com

Just sharing cause I am so excited! Peace!

Ok, one thing I have to share is that alcohol is not our friend....at least not when being used as a "distraction method". Drank a few beers with a friend last night as we talked all about this stuff.

Anybody else going through tough emotional stuff the last couple of weeks? We just had a huge eclipse series, solar and then Lunar ecli[se, which happened last Monday. Eclipses bring up our subconscious fear based beliefs for purging. THe only way to purge the unconscious is to make it conscious. I know I'm feelin' my stuff come up....

For me its about letting go of being afraid to express my power. this is an ongoing theme my whole life, and I've been ascending, esp. the last few years, through it, but here it is....I am a professional intuitive, bodyworker and spiritual channeler, and hearing that "now its time to channel to the masses", like just channel Holy Spirit to the world....anyway. A WEE bit "out of the box". Thats my issue....anyone else feeling stuff coming up?

• 1 month later...

Hey all...just want to share that I'm finally starting to see some really amazing fat loss!

I started working out at least 4-5 days/week in october, so it's been a solid 5.5 months of that. The diet came up to speed later, it took awhile to get that down. Last month I started being pretty conscious of not eating after about 6:30pm, at least 6 nights a week, and a couple of weeks ago the fat REALLY started melting off.

Also, now that I am totally in that habit, my appetite is WAY down altogether. I just don't have cravings as much. I fit into size 4 jeans this past weekend and can I tell you, at 44 that is no small achievement for me. People have been shocked to hear my age. I'm just sharing this because its been many, many years since I felt good about how I look. This is my daily diet, most days:

green protein smoothie after workout for breakfast: vega, flax seed, 1/2 frozen banana, frozen berries, greens such as kale, romaine, spinach or parsley; organic coffee with silk creamer

Salad and veggie/bean soup for lunch, usually. I make a big pot of soup and it lasts all week, then just heat it up and put it on top of a ton of salad greens. simple, cheap, healthy and filling.

Dinner is an emerald smoothie, as I call it: 1/2 avocado, spinach or romaine or mixed greens, a cucumber, 1 tsp stevia powder, one-2 whole limes with green stuff peeled off. This is SO good. I got this from the pH miracle folks.

It doesn't sound like a lot, but I just do not crave anything else. Not eating after 6:30 I think is a fat loss miracle for several reasons:

it promotes more effective detox, which increases metabolism and normalizes endocrine function; it allows the body to obviously not consume as many calories; it SERIOUSLY lowers appetite (at least thats what I've found). Its a miracle thing to me.

I still occasionally go out to eat with my kids or my boyfriend, but really, only very occasionally. So the dinner of a green smoothie is really easy to stick to. Just had to share! There IS life after 40, lol!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks...

just another update. Had to quit coffee for 8 weeks because I'm taking a homeopathic remedy and naturopath says coffee interferes. not CAFFIENE, but coffee. So, finally, I got the motivator I need to quit. Its been about ten days and I feel good. not missing it and sleeping through the night. I realize my sleep has been deficient for at least the past 10 years that I've been drinking coffee. No wonder its been so hard to lose weight, with all that cortisol in my system all the time.

Went shopping for clothes last week. Thought I was a size 4, but I'm not yet. I'm a six, but cripe! after struggling to get below a 10 for the last 13 years, I'll take it! Its ok...after dropping the coffee and getting better sleep, I can work out even harder now cause I have more energy. I've upped the workouts to 5 tough ones a week, and longer, at least 45-60 min. each. that last bit will come off in a couple of months. I'm realizing slow and sure really IS the best way to lose fat and get in great shape. I'm very grateful that I know about this stuff.

Also, I realize I have to eat more. I was getting pretty weird about eating, getting into that "less is more" trap, and probably not doing my metabolism any good. I was really only eating maybe two small meals a day. I'm not doing that-definitely eating breakfast, lunch and dinner, all whole foods, all vegan, all made at home (to save money). Just sharing cause it keeps me motivated! have to take some photos soon.....this past weekend went to a casual high school reunion of sorts of my boyfriend's friends. They were all saying things to him like, "what Mark, robbing the cradle?" and "You can't be a day over 30," and he's only 2 months older than me! (we are both 44). How totally fun! Blessings!