Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer tonight on SpikeTV, UFC Fight Night

damdaman

Don't forget to tune in and cheer for Mac and he attempts to bounce back from a tough loss to Clay Guida. Broadcast is at 9pm eastern/pacific.

Josh Neer was arrested on New Year's eve, and apparently barely made weight (had to try twice). I'm wondering how prepared he is for this fight. Mac on the other hand has said that he didn't prepare well for the Guida fight and is not going to make the same mistake twice.

why did it look like Danzig was punching through water. Man his punches looked as slow as Matt Hamills minus the power. He is not him self lately. Maybe the new baby has him distracted.

he said in an interview that his baby actually motivated him more ..... i wish i could be positive about the fight, but something just didn't seem right with him. he did get caught a couple times, really got shaken up, maybe that?! but his defense and punching just didn't seem like Mac at all

why did it look like Danzig was punching through water. Man his punches looked as slow as Matt Hamills minus the power. He is not him self lately. Maybe the new baby has him distracted.

he said in an interview that his baby actually motivated him more ..... i wish i could be positive about the fight, but something just didn't seem right with him. he did get caught a couple times, really got shaken up, maybe that?! but his defense and punching just didn't seem like Mac at all

exactly EndC. For me it was his first punches on so I did not attribute it to wear and tear during the match. You are correct about his defense and offense, I again didnt even see the rib cage strikes that I usually see for him. He didnt elbow on the ground like he used to do either. Hilary is right about the Effective Aggression too.

I guess I am just hoping that he doesnt have something going on internally like, as to exaggerate, when Armstrong found out after losing way too often that he had cancer. Now I dont think that or rather I would hope that it is not something that serious, but perhaps something else.

Now after two or three loses dont they have to go to a lesser promotion to re earn their way back into the UFC? I thought that someone had to do that before. I know that he has that contract from TUF.

I think Mac forgot his heart somewhere... he just didn't look like he wanted to be there. He got pulled into Neer's game, gave in to the taunting and didn't fight his own fight. Getting caught in that triangle just doesn't seem very Mac Danzig. And he gave way too much respect to Neer at the end of the fight. Hilary is right -he showed no aggression, didn't go after it at all. He circled out and countered, which plays right into Neer's game, because he just moves in and takes it all on the chin without giving a $%^&*. Maybe it's me, but Mac's jits didn't look like it has in the past either. Apart from a couple of slick little reversals, it just wasn't there. I think he wasn't there mentally. Maybe it's his training, maybe he needs to change that, or maybe he needs to re-evaluate his career. UFC's 155 is a tough place to hang. Where's the old Mac Danzig?

I enjoyed the main event the most - Lauzon did what he had to do to beat a more aggressive fighter with more powerful striking. I hope Mac watched that fight, because that's what he needed to do.

Oh well, no disrespect to Danzig.

I believe it is a 3 strike and your out rule in the UFC. Three losses in a row and your gone.

here is to hoping you are right.

I'm fairly sure that it's all part of their individual contracts, although I'm quite sure the UFC will try to hold on to their precious "Ultimate Fighters"

i hated seeing Mac lose to Neer. not just because he lost, but b/c Josh Neer was just being kind of a prick during and after the fight. when Mac lost to Guida, he was more respectful, as Guida always is. but Josh Neer...

Yeah, I hated watching that too. Neer is a prick. Martial arts is supposed to be above that stuff.