Lizzie before and after

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really bad at keeping up with this. So it's now 2009! I'm training for a half marathon in May. I'm doing Team in Training which is an awesome organization that provides training support while fund raising for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If you would like to donate my link is http://pages.teamintraining.org/ri/Provid09/enewton.

Running is the greatest exercise ever. I ran 10 miles for the first time last week and it was awesome. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a compact little girl and I don't care that I'm kind of muscular. I hope everyone is doing really well.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still tired all the time? I just found this thread and was curious about your bmr...so I googled your stats for you, lol. Your basal metabolic rate is 1365, so that's how much you should eat minimum to provide energy for all your bodily functioning--like breathing, digesting, synapses, etc. If you consistently eat less than your bmr, your body will go into starvation mode, which is probably why you couldn't lose those last 5 pounds.

I ran a half marathon in October and I had to start eating way more (I was just hungry all the time!) so I put on a few pounds. BUT I've lost all the extra weight because I found this article a few months ago: http://www.debramoorhead.com/blog/index.php/how-i-lost-25-pounds-in-one-month/ Again, I was curious about your calorie needs (maybe nosy is more like it, lol) so I followed the link through to this: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_6_1x_Calorie_Calculator.asp and put in your goal weight and set your activity level to "moderate" even though I think you miiight technically be doing "heavy," depending on your training schedule. It came to 1934 calories per day! Bet you didn't think you could be 115 and eat that much, haha.

Anyway, I was incredibly glad to see at the end of this thread that you are more accepting of your body!! It took me a long time to get to where you are today, but once I started thinking in terms of what I could DO with my body, instead of trying to value it numerically, I became much happier with it!!

• 2 months later...

It has been forever since I have posted. I'm still at a solid 120. But, I just ran my first half-marathon. I'm so proud of myself that I signed up for another one in October. I'm going to train differently this time by adding some conditioning and strength training after my runs.

smaller.jpg.5c6b18d92d9f1c5a3fdb4ac2329dac06.jpg

And to the person posting above me, thanks for that link and googling my stats, haha. I'm eating between 1100 and 1700 calories a day based on how much I run. I also cut peanut butter out of my diet because I think I used to eat way too much. I've also started to make hemp protein shakes which are gross. Does anyone have any good recipes for hemp protein?

And to the person posting above me, thanks for that link and googling my stats, haha. I'm eating between 1100 and 1700 calories a day based on how much I run. I also cut peanut butter out of my diet because I think I used to eat way too much. I've also started to make hemp protein shakes which are gross. Does anyone have any good recipes for hemp protein?

Cool! Congrats on the run, too. Doesn't it feel amazing?

I don't have much in the way of hemp recipes...I just pinch my nose and chug it down with water since I haven't really made it taste that decent with anything else. Whole hemp seeds are pretty good though, I eat that with a spoon from the bag

• 3 weeks later...
I'd just like to say that I think 120lbs is a very healthy weight for a normal sized woman (5'3" - 5'7"). I know our culture tends to make it seem like the ideal is a lot skinnier, but sheesh, I think those bean-poles are far less attractive. It is simply not healthy, and healthy/vibrant is what is attractive, not attaining some ridiculously low weight goal and sacrificing good health and a strong body to get there.

Your after picture looks great. You look healthy. The amount of weight you're carrying looks perfect for your frame, any less would start to look unhealthy. Don't lose anymore weight. Your body is signaling to you that this is a good weight for it. Listen to your body.

This, even for 5 feet.

It has been forever since I have posted. I'm still at a solid 120. But, I just ran my first half-marathon. I'm so proud of myself that I signed up for another one in October. I'm going to train differently this time by adding some conditioning and strength training after my runs.

Is this a picture of you? It looks really nice if you don't mind me saying.

Hey Lizzie,

just read through the post, and I hope you are extremely proud of the transformation you went through. You look gorgeous now, nothing to be self conscious about!

Congrats on the half marathon as well! I"m looking forward to seeing if you shed that extra nagging body fat.

• 2 months later...

Lizzie, I would like to begin by telling you how great you have done transforming yourself. AMAZING!!! Great job!!

I was reading your posts, and I am wondering if you might be over training or under eating. Just a thought. My experience has been that either of those will make me really run down.