Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: LnG's RawVeganBodybuilder Video Blog; (12 weeks out)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 pm 
Manatee

Nice vlog.

I can't wait to have a go at sprouting mung beans myself! Something to put on the to-do list I guess!

L&G are you planning to grow your hair again after you compete? I personally think short hair<long hair. I would grow my hair long but I've never gotten it to look right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:35 pm 
Elephant

Hey Leandude, I was looking through some old pictures of when you joined the forum. I have to say, you have come pretty damn far since then. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

Posing today was Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Let's do it again soon.......buddy!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 pm 
Stegosaurus

YB :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

See you in 2 hours!

You gotta update this man! You're training a lot, and a lot of people want to hear about it!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm 
Elephant

This post is a doosey but all the info is good and it isn't a rant. Just keeping all updated with the busy regimen of training and what's been going on ;)

I was trying to keep this a strictly "video blog" response thread even though there were times I wanted to just type something up quickly. I suppose it's a good idea; agreed Robert. I actually have a video to upload and I need to make another one soon but in the meanwhile, I will update with some stuff and try to keep this journal a little more up to date, even if I don't get a chance to film vids and upload. It will keep excitement going RC... i'm with ya ;)

So where am I right now?? I'm in the lobby of our gym (24 hr fitness), and i'm in between workouts. I generally work in the early evenings so i carpool with Dani in the morning and getan early workout. Then I rest for 1-2 hours and get a second workout. BUDDAY. Robert and Natasha should be here shortly to join me for workout # 2. It's 1:01pm ROBERT; where the heck are ya? You said you'd be here before 1pm. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiting. Need that second workout. need to throw some d's on it. There he is right on cue singing throw some d's on it lolol BUDDAY!!!!! <rc shows up at 1:02pm. i'm out....>

Today? Finished a back attack workout. about 60 pullups wide and narrow and then 20 worksets, mainly an 8 rep range with some drop sets for the last work set of several exercises. I enjoy doing 4-5 sets per exercise.

Workout #2 today? I have calves, forearms and another 20min cardio session; probably on the stationary bicycle.

My plans for cardio right now are a 2 days on (20 min sessions, low intensity 130bpm hr age28) and then 1 day off over and over again and to gradually add to this as time progresses.

I'm starting to wonder if i'm eating too much/gaining too much but then I look at myself and realize i'm still below 10% bf and that I can afford to pack some size on. I guess i'm just nervous about coming in at peak conditioning because for the last comp i was alot lower in bf 11 weeks out. I know i'll be ok; I just hope i don't have to starve myself at the end too quickly and deplete all the builded muscle just to lean out the right way. I'll figure it out i'm sure.

It's basically getting to the grind right now and time is ticking to start to get ready to eat less and bump up the cardio even more as the days go by. I'm on it! The time is now....

Some highlights from last week:

*Weekend posing workshop with one of the best trainers in the nation and an npc judge for over
20 years. Fitness/figure/bbing competitors flew in from everywhere to be there to work with him.
Felt like i was on stage; we all posed together. Pretty freaking intense lineup! He was hardcore
and made sure we understood to take his advice seriously and put it into action. We need to
make arrangements to work with him going forward to develop a sweet routine and handle the
prejudging like champs....
*11 total workouts:
*Every single exercise STRONGER
*Squat Highlights --> 360lb X 2 reps …. 560lb partials on 12th workset for 4 reps
Bench Press / Shoulder workouts going up; training hard. Although shoulder has been getting
finnicky as of late.
*70lb db shoulder press for 6 reps on my 4th workset
*Feeling the effects of heavy and frequent sessions (the last 3 days i have been sleeping in excess
of 7-8 hours a night and i wake up still a bit fatigued and glued to the bed. It also has
something to do with the fact that with many days of overeating; my nights were disturbed with
waking up to go to the br/nightmares/nightsweats from too much food intake bf bed which
always happens to be with heavy meals pre bedtime... etc etc... ALTHOUGH, i did eat heavy before
bedtime the last two nights and my body was ok. I guess it's a combo of my body being overtired
and shutting down as well as it getting acclimated to the fact that the food intake is not going to
be slowing down....
*3 plate on chest crunches for 6 reps a set plus drop sets; behind neck crunches with a 15lb dumb
bell behind the neck for 100 repetitions total. Core gets WICKED sore for 4 days after i train it
every time.

Daily living and this new regimens effects on it:
*Gas out of control. 2 enema sessions during the week; helped IMMENSELY and immediately. Dani
was very appreciative of this. It has been better past couple of days but it's probably going to
continue on full force in waves. The onset of it in excess had alot to do with loading 20gm a day of creatine and it taking effect over the course of that week and the following. It's still going to be more than usual though because I take in so much protein. Upwards of 2+ grams per lb of bodyweight...
*I feel like I Never stop eating!
*woke up @ 183lbs! / weighed in at 187.5 in evening with clothes on at RC's house. About 8.7%
bf.

Average Daily Food Intake:
*6 cups sprouted mung beans and dehydrated broccoli florets with garlic lemon and sea salt.
*4-5 Lara Bars
*120gm of protein intake from sunwarrior
*230gm of protein intake from algae
What can I say???? I'm a fan of excessive intake of protein well above recommended values and logical values when I want to build at a rapid pace. It seems to work for me :D
I went from 170lb - 183lb in 1 month.
*4-8 cups sprouted buckwheat in dehydrated form mixed with carob and stevia and served with
2-3 handfuls of strawberries and home made pumpkin seed milk. Once upon rising once upon
going to bed. Prob 2500 calories worth i'm imagining.
*2 1/2 tbsp Cacao Powder

Supps:
Non Raw: Creatine Monohydrate (12gm a day); AAKG (10-20gm a day)
Raw: Kola Nut (stimulating) , Cissus Quadrangularis Herb (healing / tp repair rotator cuff...
supposedly)

Next post should hopefully be my vid of 1/4 squats at 505lb for reps, budday! :twisted: Just need to set up the upload......

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:46 pm 
Elephant

Its all about the larabars my friend!! ha ha

Y'all gonna have to hit me up on the advice on posing. Im in the dark on it!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:02 am 
Stegosaurus

OH put another 2 and haalf on. Where's the 17 and haaalf ?

EH ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm 
Elephant

It's def ALL about the Lara Bars! lol They're like crack for raw foodists. I should be eating cleaner but whatever it's portable bulking food.

Put anotha AAAAAfffv on Washer ;)

This is a video from me and RC's training session last on Feb 1st. Just picked it up from his cam to upload. I am going 515lb quarter/partial squats. I wound up working my way up to 560lb quarter squats. Next week I am going for more. this week I did some ass to the grass squats well below parallel with 225lbs x 8 reps x 5 sets and then some other stuff. Oh and for those of you who have seen Pumping Iron, you should get a kick out of my brooklyn/ferrigno style self motivating banter :twisted: (still addicted to the twisted evil emoticon, lol)

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:01 pm 
Site Admin

Dude: Awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:12 pm 
Stegosaurus

Bar Flexing/Weight Wobbling!

YEAH!

Happiness is a personal choice!
I am the sole source of all my sadness and joy.

"The logic of worldly success rests on a
fallacy: the strange error that our perfection
depends on the thoughts and
opinions and applause of other men."
Source: Thomas Merton

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm 
Rabbit

Lean and Green wrote:
this week I did some ass to the grass squats well below parallel with 225lbs x 8 reps x 5 sets

Show us those instead more impressive than to see how much your back can handle :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:15 pm 
Stegosaurus

Lean and Green wrote:

A lot of Yeah Buddies going on in the house.
And a lot more aaaffer's going on at the gym tonight. Throw ddddzz on it !

Yeah Buddy !

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:45 pm 
Elephant

Tasha wrote:
Lean and Green wrote:

A lot of Yeah Buddies going on in the house.
And a lot more aaaffer's going on at the gym tonight. Throw ddddzz on it !

Yeah Buddy !

you ready or what!!! Workout # 2 coming up; psyched to train together :twisted:

Trying to keep all informed. I asked Robert to take some shots of my outside in his backyard and this is what's up....

10 1/2 weeks out:

Been bulking like MAD! Going to start leaning out within a weeks time. So far, alot of mass put on in a very short amount of time.... BUDDAY

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Looking great man! As we tan and lean out and bring more detail to the table, it's going to be awesome. Have fun with workout #2...I'm working on newsletter :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next