Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Denise Nicole's Journey to Oz (SeaSiren)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm 
Elephant

Gaia wrote:
Aiming for the Flint Natural too! Maybe I'll see ya backstage!

Excellent! Are you doing the BBing division? Gotta find a place to chill between shows... that town is dead dead dead and actually quite scary!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm 
Rabbit

yeah it's kinda uptight and close minded here...some of the many things that drive me nuts about michigan...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 am 
Elephant

Well, the other shows I have done were in the old historic Redford Theater, down in Detroit. Last year was scary for me to go and check out the competition. It has shown how bad the economy of Detroit is with that theater. Even the front door had a crack in the glass. It was so sad. And the only ones showing up for prejudging were the participants and their families (I didn't stay for the evening show due to all the people hanging around outside the theater - didn't want to have to go thru them at night to get to the parking lot nearby - have to remember that I was all by myself going to this show).

Flint has been nice to me. My son will be going to Kettering University that is north of Flint, and I have done the Crim's 10 mile run for two years in a row now. They have a planetarium - laser show perhaps?, a couple of colleges (UofM-Flint and Mott), laser tag, and a massage school (don't know if that is doable because of the tanning). I don't know if the Farmer's market will be up and running by then either. Personally, I just go and hand out in a park when I do comps. Keeps me relaxed cause I get all anxious when I have to perform a routine at night. Just thinking about it makes me want to run away from it. For such a big girl I am a wimpy wuss 8) .

Yeah, shooting for the Middleweight (145lbs) class in BB - if they will even have a class (last years only BB show I went to had only 3 girls in it! No classes at all, just all lumped into one).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:00 pm 
Elephant

hryan77: Yes, I have noticed, lol I'm not sure they know how to take me yet, but I just kinda piddle along and just be me and except them for them. The younger gals seem to be much more on board, so times are changin!

Gaia: Oh.... ya gotta hand out then! I am so freaking laid back at these things :) We'll all be in the same dressing area anyway. So def hook up before.

MEAL 5: was tofu straight up

Still not sleeping well :( I was soooo cold last night, so that prob didn't help. But at least I'm down and quiet.

20 min cardio today. No weights today.

I have a whole network of pole fitness friends mostly out the UK, these girls are amazing! I would totally love to work with some of them sometime. Anyway, Would love to get into some pole comps, but no there yet.

Here is a gal from AU, she is amazing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwX4LnqAgMs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:37 pm 
Rabbit

That's all you can do...just be YOU!!! :) Have you been to Inn Season Cafe in Royal Oak yet...if not check it out...one ofthe few vegan restaurants around here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:37 pm 
Rabbit

Hi everyone-just wanted to chime in. I live in W. Bloomfield, MI. Denise, thanks for writing back a few months ago! Glad to see your comments on this forum.

Sorry I don't have a photo up yet-the forum said my photo files were too big-I am SO not computer literate....will have to work on that.

Denise THANK YOU for posting those listings of what you eat-I finally did figure out what "low carb, high protein" looked like on a vegan diet. Glad to see I'm very close to how you eat. So, its just a matter of time, with consistent exercise, that results show....I gotta believe. I'm getting there!

I modeled in detroit area in my twenties (I'm 44 now, but most people think I'm 30, max, especially when I'm eatin' right and working out!) Have been thinking about trying to get back into it when I reach my goal size (size 4, 15% BF). anyway, glad to meet some fellow michiganders!!! Blessings, everyone! Theresa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hope all is well!

Have a great week!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:03 pm 
Elephant

hryan77 wrote:
Have you been to Inn Season Cafe in Royal Oak yet...if not check it out...one ofthe few vegan restaurants around here.

Def will check it out! I'm getting a lot of my photographers and agents taking me out to dine and they always say "I don't know what to feed you" lol So they need suggestions... they don't want to be "wining and dining me" and my choice on the menu is only a garden salad! So they are very understanding and sweet ... and almost all of them are fearful of making a major faux pas so stick to veg themselves while dining with me. Knowing the area better will allow me to have some suggestions when setting things up.

Theresa: welcome to the board!!

Robert: Doing very well Hun *kiss*

Been amazingly swamped and suddenly have a wave of shoots ahead of me. So much so that I am having to choose who to work with, just hope I am picking the right projects! Had several shoots last week and have the Detroit Fashion show and rehearsal this week. Today I am trying to figure out the schedule beyond that.

Oh and had training for all the Personal Trainers for a new gym I am training at. And have to get back to an additional two who want to hire me on there. I'm not sure if their policies on training at additional gyms. However, the first did not make me sign an exclusivity contract and one of the others only offers classes (aerobics and such).

Off to train and then I'll get my training journal caught up!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

Glad you have shoots coming up and more and more of them...I'm doing some too :)

One of these days we'll have to do a shoot together.

All the best!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:13 pm 
Rabbit

Beautiful avatar pic, SeaSiren.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:08 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
Glad you have shoots coming up and more and more of them...I'm doing some too :)

One of these days we'll have to do a shoot together.

All the best!

Yeah! I'm so proud of ya Babe! Most definitely, we should shoot together!

Emilyrobin wrote:
Beautiful avatar pic, SeaSiren.

Thank you :)

Been away most days shooting, then the rehearsal and fashion show in Detroit, and then my daughters Birthday Slumber party this weekend. 15 girls for over 24 hours! lol... but we had a fabulous time, although I was completely exhausted after no sleep.

The fashion show was so much fun, and my designer and his team where a joy to work with. Vid and tons of photos are available, I'll get a few up as soon as they forward them to me. We lost some of our models due to extreme stage fright ... but thanks to competing for so long I love a big crowd. And some of the gals were very "stick to the routine" even though we had a ton of screaming people at the end of the runway holding their hands out to be touched. I love impromptu moments, so I was right in there, lol Good thing the designer loved it huh! Like her mommy, my daughter did the same... tore the runway up and played to the crowd. Afterwards VIP section for some partying with some kick butt bands on stage!

Rested and on track
Today:
Incline Hammer Press 3x8
Dumbbell Flyes 3x10
Rack Pulls 4x6
Hammer Rows 3x12
Standing Calf Raises 3x8
Seated Calf Raises 2x15
Weighted Decline Crunch 3x25
stretching

20 min cardio
stretching

I will be doing some change ups (as per needed). I have had to maintain quite a lower BF % to do the type of modeling I do which is not conducive to continuing to build to compete in my given classes. I can either, stop modeling in this area or give up the class. Since I was competing to gain work, the answer is obvious. The classes I will be aiming for this year will have to follow my body type (which makes sense). So I will be entering the bikini competitions (non-bbing), bikini classes at the BBing shows and the fitness model classes at the BBing shows. Still have my eye on the pole comps as my build is irrelevant, it's based on what I can do.

That being said intake today:
water, vitamins
1 -tofu scramble (just tofu w/sea salt & ground pepper heated w/no oil), oats, 1/2 orange, coffee
water
2 -protein shake
water
3 -huge salad (baby spinach, cucumbers, onions, green pepper) with tahini dressing (my recipe), tofu scramble (in a tofu mode today I guess! lol), water

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:19 pm 
Elephant

Today:
Cleans 5x5
Rom Dead Lift 3x8
Lying Leg Curl 2x12
Weighted Bench Dips 2x8
Tricep Pushdown 2x10
DB Curls 2x8
Hammer Curls 2x10
Weighted Rope Crunch 3x25
stretching

20 min cardio
stretching

Intake:
water, multi
1 -tofu scramble, oats, 1/2 orange, water, coffee
water
2 -protein shake
water
3 -Spinach, cucumbers, green pepper, mung sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, onions, on sprouted wg toast, 1/4c Northern Beans, water

Planned:
water
4 -banana & tofu pudding, water
5 -tempeh w/califlower & broccoli in sauce (my recipe), water
water
6 -(if I do 6)celery, water

Tomorrow is 30-40 cardio , no weights

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:32 pm 
Elephant

morning:
Abs: 3 sets upper and lower

Cardio: 20 min
afternoon:
Squats - 3x6
Leg Press - 3x8
Rear delts 3x10 (shoulder warm-up)
Shoulder Press - 3x8
Side Lateral Raises - 3x12-15
Chins - 3x8 -much easier today!
Pullovers - 3x8
Hammer Strength High Rows - 2x12

late afternoon:
Abs: 3 sets upper and lower
Cardio: 20 min

Extra cardio due to stagnant weight loss even after re-feed. Hoping kicking it up a notch will bring me in better. My body loves 119! It is so comfortable there, so I have to work to get it below for the shoots coming up.

Meals:
1 -OJ, coffee, grapes
2 -Huge salad w/spinach, green pepper, onions, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, walnuts, olive oil, tiny bit of sea salt
3 -PP Shake
4 -bean chili, wg toast
Planned
5 -PP Shake

I have a shoot on Friday as Alice from Alice & Wonderland (another on Sat ... diff photographer, but just an outdoor theme). I am kinda excited as it's something diff for me :) My daughter's bunny Smores will be making his debut as well. Smores was saved from a fair, where apparently show bunnies are "bopped" after their usefulness is over. The area was packing up and there was this poor little thing all scared and breathing hard (hot day). He is so wonderful, loves people and plays... who would have thought?

Smores with my daughter:

Since I am on set for the day, they are doing an Easter theme promo and Bunny Hugger shoot (that one is mine). Now if I can just come in weight wise! :eek:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:01 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the update...hope to see you this year through our travels.......all the best!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:59 pm 
Rabbit

I am enjoying your journal. You are very interesting and motivating. Can I have your recipe for tahini dressing. I tried goddess dressing but didn't like it. But I do like tahini. Thanks.