Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training Log
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 pm 
Elephant

THURSDAY
Pecs and abs

bench press: 15x66, 12x88
deadlift: 20x144
fly + chest press: 15x25's + 12x25's
fly inclined: 20x15's
bench press guided bar: 12x132

More sets of the above, plus push-ups, sit-ups, leg raise, oblique twists, cable crunch, oblique crunches, isometrics...

Also, shovelling snow for 2x45 minutes, before it melts... there's already lots of snow which melted and caused a flood in the basement, due to the fact it rains since yesterday nonstop. IN Australia and California there's forest fires... here there's floods.

I was waling on the street and there was a women walking on the crowded sidewalk with her umbrella... thing is that it wasn't raining at that moment, it stopped raining 2 hours before that. I wonder if some people live in reality or somewhere else.

Ate :
water
1 lime
1 banana + 8 dates
Vega
oatmeal w/ raisins
hemp protein drink
100 gr dark chocolate
*training
hemp protein shake
large plate of spaghettis with olive oil, green salad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm 
Elephant

Friday 13th
Biceps, Triceps, Forearms
In supersets, weigths in lbs

Incline bicep curls w/ dumbbells: 20x20's, 15x25's and some negative reps

Triceps cable pushdown : 6x70+15x50, 8x75

one-arm Bicep cable : 15x40

one-arm Tricep cable : 15x30, 12x40

Seated Barbell Palms-Up Wrist Curl: 20 lbs

Seated Barbell Palms-Down Wrist Curl: 45 lbs

Cable wrist pushdown : 100 lbs

Cable wrist pulldown: 40 lbs

Wrist roller: 22 lbs

one-arm bicep curl w/ free weight: 12x35

concentration curl: 8x30

straight bar curl: 10x45, 8x50

Bench press close grip: 10x77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:01 pm 
Elephant

Jesus fuckin Christ... came back from the dentist today... been over 15 years since last time... they removed 2 teeths one aside the other now I got a HUGE hole in my mouth... what the fuck am I gonna do with that, feels really weird, the food is gonna fall in that hole like in a pool... I was spitting blood on my way home. Dentist said I got really tough teeths, strongly fixed... Then when he was removing the 2nd teeth I felt like my entire jaw was going to snatch with the teeth. I got more R-V for the next weeks, got one or two more cavities, maybe one more teeth extraction :zwangsjacke:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 pm 
Rabbit

Sorry about your teeth. Be careful not to get a dry socket. Those are so painful and can really make you feel like garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:50 pm 
Elephant

Didn't go to the gym today because I was feeling crap after the teeths extraction, but should have go anyway, now I feel alright.

Monday 16th,
trained shoulders and trapezius but didn't note my numbers.
Same exercices as last week...
I remember I did some lateral raise with 40 pounds dumbbell, as well as shrugs with 220 lb barbell.

Updated my blog with some recent news from the newspapers, check it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 am 
Elephant

Didn't go to the gym tuesday, so wednesday I trained both Back and Legs.

Did, among other things:

hack squat: 15x132 lbs
one arm dumbbell rows: 20x60, 10x70
lying leg curl: 15x100, 8x115
leg extension: 15x145
one leg curl: 12x55
one arm cable row: 10x90
pull-ups: 15
squats: 15x70, 10x80
leg press: 10x225, 8x240

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:47 am 
Elephant

Thursday was my day for Pecs and Abs but I didn't go to the gym, so today I trained this and also Arms.

Friday - pecs, arms, abs

bench press w/ 40's dumbbells
incline fly w/ 20's
bench press close grip: 12x77 lbs
cable one arm bicep curl: 15x40, 10x50
cable one arm tricep pushdown: 8x40
bicep curl w/ barbell: 12x50
Hammer curls with 30's

lot more things...

After my workout I was super hungry and went in a restaurant... I said : no mushrooms on the pizza. And extra veggies, since I don't want the cheese... Guess what, they've put mushrooms; and after I removed them there was almost no veggies left. And an ultra thin layer of tomato sauce. 12$ for a minuscule pizza, I wouldn't have paid more than 50 cents for this. Why simple things like not putting mushrooms is so hard to understand, why is there so many incompetent people, I will never know... I rarely eat at restaurants (only like 3 times in one year) and it's not gonna change after what I just experienced. There's 2 or 3 vegan restaurants I'll try though, because I heard they're ok, but for the others...

I was reading the newspapers... car manufacturers are asking the governements for billions of dollars... Chrysler Canada already received 24 billion dollars not so long ago and now they ask for 17 more. GM and Ford do about the samething. These assholes are making billions of profit every year, CEO's are putting this in their pockets or buy some houses and yatch, and workers are often paid 40, 70$/hour, yet those companies ask for special privileges to pay less tax, and when the sales are low they ask for grants. They don't want to just think about offering better products, like Asian cars manufacturers are doing. GM, Ford and Chrysler are not offering any good hybrid or electric models, but Japanese and Chinese manucfacturers know it's the right time to seel these.
Worse: governments are giving billions$ to banks which were making billions of profit every year, and now where is it, gone ?
The "economic crisis" : big companies fire 2,000, even 8,000 workers, because of what, because "we think this year could be or will be a tough one". Yeah right, with all the people they fired and won't have to pay salaries they might end up making more profits than earlier years.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 am 
Elephant

I'm not really going to the gym this week cos I'm doing a blitz of movie editing to upload videos on youtube, I won't have Internet anymore cos I move to another place this week-end. But I'll try to go to the gym at least once this week, for a full-body workout, hardcore. Won't be able to come post year very often either but I'll come from time to time.
So I uploaded a few video on youtube and will add a bunch more in the next few days.
http://www.youtube.com/user/organicfilms81

I just wrote this on my blob http://waiting-for-the-miracle.blogspot.com/:

Disparate brings dissonance, osmosis brings harmony
Recently a cardiologist killed his 2 kids and then attempted suicide. His wife was out skiing for the week-end. When she came back she had no more kids. The cardiolog was an expert about heart but knew nothing about the mind, he didn't know he was depressed and he killed his kids... The cardiologist failed to kill himself with drug overdose and ended up at the same hospital he was working to, but his own hospital didn't want him so he was sent to another one.
Nowadays everything is specialized. One sudies the science of heart and knows nothing about the rest of human body. Another one knows feet. Another one about the health of teeth but not about the health of the whole body. Another specializes in reproductive organs... Doctors know about diseases, treatments, drugs, medicine and why we die but know nothing about health and how to stay healthy, they don't know anything about good nutrition.
Scientists say hot peppers are healthy because there is good molecules in it. But what about the other molecules ? And even dieteticans are playing the card of separating everything instead of looking at things as a whole. Take iron, Vitamin C, E, D, A, eat calcium, eat omega-3, zinc, magnesium...
NO : eat almonds, eat oranges, eat figs, dates, etc... And stop dissect everything, stop removing everything to keep just one thing, because it doesn't work like this. Synergy is essential to life. The universe is a whole, life is part of universe, we're part of the universe, and if you remove just one thing everything else will colapse.
Barack Obama's phrase "Yes We Can". Sure, but to be done, someone must do it. And only one person is not enough. Obam didn't say "Yes I can". The WE is of primary importance, it is everybody who must act in order to make things change.
LEO TOLSTOY:
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:12 pm 
Elephant

I'm still there and still training.
On my last Leg day, I did among other things:

leg extensions: 3x250 lbs
leg press: 6x270 lbs
hack squat: 3x 400 lbs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 am 
Gorilla

LEO TOLSTOY:
Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

You make me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83cdJbztw3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEUynhgMg8

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:53 am 
Elephant

Why do I make you smile ? :)

I agree with Tolstoy, if each person would change himself, the whole world would change for the best.

These days I usually train 5 to 7 days per week. I alternate upper body days with days of lower body, but there's no fixed rules, I train all the bodyparts which don't feel painful.
Yesterday was the first day that really looked like summer or Spring, it was almost 27 degrees. In the morning I ran for about 25 minutes and did some pull-ups in a park.
Today was 'suposed' to rain but it's as sunny as yesterday. Eventhough I usually don't train on sundays, I went to the gym and did some random exercices, like Clean & Press: 1x100 lbs. Shadow boxing with 10 lb dumbbells and 'Bench Press' on a yoga ball with 8 lb dumbbells, as fast as I can and as many reps as I can.
I find that after this my pecs are way more pumped than when lifting heavy. But it is good to lift heavy for a few reps and small sets and then to do explosive reps for longer sets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:12 am 
Gorilla

You make me smile because as a Tolstoy fan I was excited to read one of my favorute quotes....posted by someone other than myself. And just your general outlook - I think its great! Looks like you're training hard - stick wth it! Im totally there too! Way to stay motivated. :)

The reason is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk?, but Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham 1748 - 1832

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:43 am 
Elephant

Weird: raw meat models : http://somedaynurse.wordpress.com/2007/07/31/conversations-with-baby-daddy-woo-woo-nutter/

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 am 
Gorilla

Disgusting. And as far as the restaurant go - if you ever came in somewhere I was cooking or waitressing youd get the hookup - anytime someone comes in thats a vegetarian or vegan Im so excited I could squeal. ... so I always hook them up usually with the biggest meal I can sneak out and then by cancelling their tab or buying their meal myself, or giving them a family discount.. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 pm 
Rabbit

your alot more advanced than me but your giving me ideas for my own workouts. Keep up the good work!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next