Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Soy free protein powders
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 pm 
Elephant

SoyFreeWarrior wrote:
it's soy free.

are you sure? just like the author of this thread thought his powder was soy free ... :P hehe

i love those kinds of protein containers, they're so hardcore :D but sadly search results for canada come up empty :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:16 pm 
Finch

endcruelty wrote:
SoyFreeWarrior wrote:
it's soy free.

are you sure? just like the author of this thread thought his powder was soy free ... :P hehe

i love those kinds of protein containers, they're so hardcore :D but sadly search results for canada come up empty :(

According to Bodybuilding.com

NitroFusion Highlights

Highest BCAA’s and L-Glutamine Science Allows
Amino Acid Profile Similar to Mothers Milk
100% Natural, No Artificial Colors or Sweeteners
Contains No Animal, Dairy, Wheat or Soy Protein
Hypoallergenic, Vegan Certified
Lactose Free (zero digestion problems)
Instantized for Easy Mixing
Non GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)

Ingredients
NitroFusion Patent Pending Proprietary Blend Multi Source Protein (Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, And Artichoke Protein), Fructose, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Stevia, And Bromelain.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:35 am 
Elephant

SoyFreeWarrior wrote:
endcruelty wrote:
SoyFreeWarrior wrote:
it's soy free.

According to Bodybuilding.com

NitroFusion Highlights

Highest BCAA’s and L-Glutamine Science Allows
Amino Acid Profile Similar to Mothers Milk
100% Natural, No Artificial Colors or Sweeteners
Contains No Animal, Dairy, Wheat or Soy Protein
Hypoallergenic, Vegan Certified
Lactose Free (zero digestion problems)
Instantized for Easy Mixing
Non GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)

Ingredients
NitroFusion Patent Pending Proprietary Blend Multi Source Protein (Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Pea Protein Isolate, And Artichoke Protein), Fructose, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum), Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Stevia, And Bromelain.

hahaha i know i already read that, i was just messin with you ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 pm 
Gorilla

Quote:
I'm a really big fan of the NitroFusion brand. It has 25g of protein (Pea, Brown Rice, & Artichoke), it's good to mix with water or almond milk, and it's soy free. I already tried the Vanilla flavor. I'm going for the Mocha next.

I swear by that protein, although I am looking forward to trying the SunWarrior Rice protein and getting my hands on some hemp powder (not easy to find in Australia).
Soyfreewarrior, I found mocha to be my least favourite, preferred van. choc. and berry personally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:27 pm 
Finch

joelk wrote:
Quote:
I'm a really big fan of the NitroFusion brand. It has 25g of protein (Pea, Brown Rice, & Artichoke), it's good to mix with water or almond milk, and it's soy free. I already tried the Vanilla flavor. I'm going for the Mocha next.

I swear by that protein, although I am looking forward to trying the SunWarrior Rice protein and getting my hands on some hemp powder (not easy to find in Australia).
Soyfreewarrior, I found mocha to be my least favourite, preferred van. choc. and berry personally

I just tried the Mocha and it's not too bad, in my humble opinion. It's somewhat similar in taste to the Vanilla.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:28 am 
Rabbit

This is from Carl at www.trueprotein.com.

"none of the flavor systems we currently offer contain any animal byproducts, so you should be safe to use any of those materials! Thanks again and have a great week, -Carl"

I just wanted to put that out there. This site is pretty awesome in that you can get exactly the type of protein you are looking for (except no raw/organic options) and the prices are really good. I have so far only ordered straight gemma pea protein isolate and have mixed it with my previously purchased brown rice protein and soy protein. I am still in the process of lowering my soy intake. I haven't tried any of the flavors yet, but they have a forum in which people comment on the flavors. They have an Orange Creamsicle flavor I'd like to try.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:01 am 
Rabbit

joelk wrote:
Quote:

Hey Joel,
I'm located in australia also i just had a quick question.

Where do you buy your nitro-fusion from?

I bought some from bodybuilding.com not long ago and the service was great but i'm keen on trying to find it for less than what i paid ($AU110 ppd).

Cheers mate.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:39 pm 
Finch

I'm for Nitro-Fusion it's great. I like the chocolate. It goes great mixed with cold coffee and rice milk. Need my morning wake up. Or you can do 1 scoop Nitro Fusion, 1 scoop Vega berry flavored, a banana, some frozen blueberries, and ice cubes. Yum.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:41 am 
Elephant

Nitrofusion is good, but I'm not a fan of the mocha...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 am 
Rabbit

Fallen_Horse wrote:
Nitrofusion is good, but I'm not a fan of the mocha...

i concur

i bought a 5lbs of mocha and at first it tasted like ass mixed with sand

towards the end of the barrel it actually started tasting good

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 pm 
Rabbit

edxvx wrote:
This is from Carl at http://www.trueprotein.com.

"none of the flavor systems we currently offer contain any animal byproducts, so you should be safe to use any of those materials! Thanks again and have a great week, -Carl"

I just wanted to put that out there. This site is pretty awesome in that you can get exactly the type of protein you are looking for (except no raw/organic options) and the prices are really good. I have so far only ordered straight gemma pea protein isolate and have mixed it with my previously purchased brown rice protein and soy protein. I am still in the process of lowering my soy intake. I haven't tried any of the flavors yet, but they have a forum in which people comment on the flavors. They have an Orange Creamsicle flavor I'd like to try.

Thank you for sharing this. I am wondering how to figure out how much of each protein source to have in mix. I am blending rice protein, hemp protein and pea protein. Have never had pea protein so I don't know how strong it tastes. And I usually just get vanilla flavor as I will probably only use it in a smoothie or with almond milk.

I just started doing a raw vegan diet with green smoothies as the mainstay but am really concerned about the protein levels as in the past I have done best on high protein low carb style diets.

I would really appreciate input from someone who has "been there, done that" and learn from their wisdom and experience.

Thanks!

Lose 10 Pounds in 21 Days and Keep It Off

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:38 pm 
Rabbit

so, is there any other sources to find out about 'combining protien' like soy/rice combination or what to choose and when

sorry bout the noob post, but I am just starting....
and, how much protien do you folks take per pound of body weight?

al

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am 
Gorilla

Did you mean supplemental sources?
I would personally like to try hemp, pea and rice as a blend, even just adding hemp to the Nitrofusion or Sunwarrior or something.
As far as how much protein to take, I think 1 gram per pound would be more than enough, coming from foods and protein powders combined

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:29 am 
Rabbit

joelk wrote:
Did you mean supplemental sources?
I would personally like to try hemp, pea and rice as a blend, even just adding hemp to the Nitrofusion or Sunwarrior or something.
As far as how much protein to take, I think 1 gram per pound would be more than enough, coming from foods and protein powders combined

I am trying to combine rice/pea/hemp proteins in a supplement via http://www.trueprotein.com and wondering what percent of each to have in the custom mix. Rice and hemp taste fine to me but I have never had the pea protein. And I am wondering what the best ratio is of the three as to complimenting amino acids.

Debra

Lose 10 Pounds in 21 Days and Keep It Off

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:46 am 
Elephant

Someone just posted on this like 2 days ago and put up a comparison chart. I forget who it was, and I cant find the post by searching it out. Was it Troy...?

Maybe I can post the image, I saved that.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/ ... ompare.jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next