Johan's getting in shape

Hehe cool, hook me up with some veganique if you got space in your bags

Damn this is the only time I haven't got any space. I brought both my laptop and my biochemistry book. But I have a berry flavour you can buy if you want to. PM me or something.

me too. send me some from there, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Dude, I'll try and get my GF to find out what shipping would be and she could probably take care of it. But isn't it easier for you to buy straight from the site. I think they ship to Germany..

seriously, get well soon. and be nice to your girl!

I feel a lot better today, thanks. But I won't be nice to my girlfriend, never ever.

Feel better! You'll get back in no time to training. Enjoy Poland; i've never been anywhere in europe other than Northern Italy.

What is Veganique?

Thanks man. My GF did some steam/oil thing that really helped so I feel a lot better. Italy is probably the best country in Europe anyway (except for Sweden)

Veganique is like vega but without the pea protein, more organic ingredients and cheaper. Otherwise it's kind of a rip off acctually, maca, chlorella, hemp protein, rice protein, berry extracts, tea extracts.

http://www.northcoastnaturals.com is the company that makes it. I think VE sells it.

Just out of curiosity, how do you prepare your TVP delicacies? Anything interesting? Perhaps I can make something sweet for Dani....

Usually I don't spend too much time with it. The thing I like most about TVP is the simplicity. I open a few cans of crushed tomatoes, chop some onions, cloves of garlic, fresh basil, some white beans and then the tvp. It's like chili con tvp or something. Not really that interesting, sorry.

10%.. Nice; I think i'm around that myself right now but i'm about to do some serious cutting down as you know.

Yeah I know. Raw keto dieting, first in the world? I do not know how you can handle all that spirulina but cudos to you for doing so.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

me too. send me some from there, it shouldn't be that expensive.

Dude, I'll try and get my GF to find out what shipping would be and she could probably take care of it. But isn't it easier for you to buy straight from the site. I think they ship to Germany..

is there a site in poland which sells it? I don't think it would be much cheaper to order it from the US. it was actually more of a joke anyway.

btw, why are you wasting money to visit your gf? you need to save some to visit us in april, remember?

Okay this sucks so bad. I have a fucked ear infection and since I basically went deaf on one ear I had to go to the doctor. He prescribed me some antibiotics and nasalspray that I should take for a week. I hate it. I haven't taken any meds since I was 5 or 6 years old and this feels really weird. I've always been taught (since I was like 9) that antibiotics should be avoided to the extreme and I still believe so, it's just that I really enjoy hearing things. The thing I find most annoying about it is that the medicine is (I pressume) animal tested to some degree, I'm happy that the pills have only vegan ingridients but it doesn't really help me. I've (as far as I know) sucessfully avoided buying any animal tested product the last 4 years or so (didn't know razors was animal tested before that) and now my "purity" is gone. I know that no one can be 100% "vegan" in this world but hey I enjoyed being close. I feel kind of depressed about this whole situation and usually when I'm down I go to the gym and get my mind off things but since I'm on the antibiotics I can't train. Just wanted to vent and give an update.

Damn hope you get better, go and see if you can find some vegan probiotics for your stomach since antibiotics kills your homeboys in there.

Get some nice movies and make alot of junkfood, works better than the gym.

god damn that sucks! i hope you'll get well soon buddy!

i totally get your point concerning the meds. i hate taking it, too. don't get too depressed cause they're maybe (!) animal tested, some things have to be done.

Damn hope you get better, go and see if you can find some vegan probiotics for your stomach since antibiotics kills your homeboys in there.

Thanks dude! My stomach (and toilet) has already noticed what the antibiotics can do I was lucky, go greens strawberry soyghurt (now free from e120) was on sale in my local supermarket 1L for 12.90:- so I bought 4 packs which will be my breakfast the upcoming week. I know there's a lot of sugar in it but alpros yofu is way too expensive to eat every day. If I take veganique (don't know since I won't be training) I'll get some probiotics from there too.

god damn that sucks! i hope you'll get well soon buddy!

i totally get your point concerning the meds. i hate taking it, too. don't get too depressed cause they're maybe (!) animal tested, some things have to be done.

Thanks buddy. I appriciate it!

Krya på dig! <- It's in Swedish

Merci <- It's in French

. The thing I find most annoying about it is that the medicine is (I pressume) animal tested to some degree, I'm happy that the pills have only vegan ingridients but it doesn't really help me. I've (as far as I know) sucessfully avoided buying any animal tested product the last 4 years or so (didn't know razors was animal tested before that) and now my "purity" is gone. I know that no one can be 100% "vegan" in this world but hey I enjoyed being close. I feel kind of depressed about this whole situation and usually when I'm down I go to the gym and get my mind off things .... Just wanted to vent and give an update.

Like you said, sometimes things just need to be done. It really REALLY sucks but it is what it is. I have been there before as well and it's highly upsetting. I know you're just venting over it but I still want to say to try and not get depressed about it.

Like you said, living in the world we are in, there are some situations that cannot be avoided as well because like the razors, you didn't know.

All we can do is live in the best way we know how and try to stay away from things we wish not to participate in, like animal tested razors. But if you didn't know, it isn't your fault. Once you find out, then just adjust as necessary to live in line with the principles and morals that make you you. You're still 100% vegan my friend because you conduct yourself as such

From what i've heard, Gilette used to test on rabbits eyes. If the eyes pop the the razor is too abrasive. But supposedly they don't anymore. That still doesn't take away from where they got their technology from.... I'm not even sure if this is 100% true but i'm sure things are def going on out there that we need to be made aware of and there are plenty of razors that have never tested on animals, like 'preserve'. Now you can be cynical and say whos to say that they don't use technology that was discovered by some other company out there who did do testing, sometimes it's a vague and unclear line. That doesn't mean to claim ignorance or turn a blind eye but in the same sense don't beat yourself up over it if there was nothing you could do about it in the first place until you're in the know.

take it easy bud.... feel better....

Thanks leandude. Even though I'm venting it's nice to hear reassuring words from fellow vegans.

I don't know much about razors anymore. The veg organic store I used to work for used to buy razors from PETA, soon I'm out fo them though. They're not good anyway so I need to find something else...or just grow a beard

9/3-09

1. Soyghurt, PB, flax seeds, banana

2. Veganique, apple/orange/carrot juice

3. Oatmeal, PB, cocoa, soy flour, soy milk. Apple/orange/carrot juice, lettuce, spinach, banana, flax oil

4. Apple/orange/carrot juice, veganique

5.Beta-alanin

EAA, BCAA, creatine, citruline malate, glutamine

Workout

6. Bananas, EAA, BCAA, creatine, citruline malate, glutamine

7. TVP, crushed tomatoes, onions, carrots, whole wheat pasta. Cabbage, agave, vinegar.

8. Coconut milk, cocoa

I'm not sure how much I will be able to train since I have a final the 20th, but hopefully I'll get some workouts squezeed in.

Not really changed my mind about it, just think it has benefits for gains which is my priority right now. BCAA is really a part of EAA just that I take a little less of the EAA powder and add BCAA. I got some glutamine for free so I figured why not. I've taken a supplement called rage that contained beta-alanin before and I like it. But I find it most beneficial before running, not lifting. Makes your skin itch though I was under the impression that beta-alanin always is vegan. I've asked like 4 companies and they've all said it's a completely synthetic product. Very few aa supplements are non vegan in my experience, and the ones that are not are always from the us.

Yesterday I didn't train. I was busy studying and kind of tired. I'm still sore since monday but I'm probably gonna go do some leg and abwork today.

Yesterdays diet:

10/3-09

1. Oatmeal, apple, PB, cocoa, soy flour, soy milk, wheat germs

2. Veganique, apple/carrot/orange juice

3. TVP, crushed tomatoes, onions, carrots, whole wheat pasta.

4. Lettuce, veganique, banana, dates, mixed berries, flax oil.

5. Red lentils, PB, tomato paste, corn, bell peppers, onion, garlic. BCAA shake.

6. Coconut milk, cocoa.

I study for my M.Sc. in electrical engineering with emphasis in signal processing. Have some exams left to do and will hopefully start my final thesis this autumn. To bad since I don't wanna start working .

Hope your ready for the gym soon. Can't let that weak german kid get stronger than us

• 2 weeks later...

Last Monday I did chest and triceps which left me really sore (specially chest) and yesterday I did back and biceps and I'm a little sore from that too. Today I'm gonna try doing some shoulders. I'm guessing most of it will be isolation stuff because it's hard doing presses with a sore chest. Anyway, I'm really siked about training again and that rules.