Still not a blog (now with some pics)

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Aaron
Elephant

Re: Still not a blog

#16 Postby Aaron » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks guys.

Meanwhile I put on a pair of 31" pants today and they were a little loose in the waist. Time to start buying some new jeans and dress pants again I guess.

robert
Site Admin

#17 Postby robert » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:44 am

Dude, we were looking for you at Loprinzi's Monday night last week.....I'll text you when we'll be there....we've been hitting up that gym once a week or so to get a change of pace from 24 Hour Fitness and we just think that gym rocks!

Later bro.......have a great week.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

robert
Site Admin

#18 Postby robert » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Still haven't seen you at Loprinzi's yet but hope to soon.........have a good one man.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Tasha
Stegosaurus

#19 Postby Tasha » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah we were talking about you when we were last there.

We were wondering if anyone heard from you. Hope all is all Aaron :)
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

Aaron
Elephant

#20 Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm still around. I'm sure we'll all bump into each other sooner or later :) Nice to know you guys are keeping an eye out for me. I'm in on Monday and Thursday evenings, usually between 5 and 7...

Meanwhile, note to self:

110x 5,3 flat
105x 4,4 incline

And some other stuff...

Yeah Buddy.

Aaron
Elephant

Re: Still not a blog (now with a few pics)

#21 Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:14 am

Form is getting better on the bench.

110 x 6, 5 (It may have been 5, 5... I didn't write it down)

105 x 6 on the incline got me a small ovation from a few dudes on the bench on Monday.

I'm putting 200 on the leg press, dude comes over and asks to work in. I offer to pull some plates if he wants. Then he explains he has a leg injury and just wants to test it out with something light and kicks out as many reps as I do in a set on my non-injured legs. But I guess that's cool right, I mean my legs used to be crazy and I worked like woah on my upper body to bring that into alignment and now I think I load on the leg press just a lil more than I load on the flat bench. I could probably rock my legs out again pretty quick if I wanted to invest the work... but I like the way my jeans fit.

Meanwhile. I just looked back at my first page. Not much change in strength I don't think. Maybe a bit but nothing crazy. I'm thicker but I weight a good 10 pounds more... I need to start running again once school's out. I bet I couldn't do an 8 minute mile let alone 5 7's. Also some pics. First one of each side is a year and a half ago or so. Second one of each is a few months back. But with these results from just throwing weight around 2x a week, no real plan or tracking or diet, I'm a happy camper - and I'm thinking I can probably maintain it without much issue.

edit to add a few more I found:

2000 ish (probably 10-20lbs under my peak weight)

2002 ish (this is after I lost 35lbs or so from my peak? no real activity difference, just went vegan and stopped eating total junk, lifting once a month maybe?)

2004 maybe? (after I lost another 35?)

3-4 months of regular lifting after the 2004 ones.

Growing up I was maybe 170-180... Got bigger in college. I think the highest I ever saw on a scale was 237. Lowest I ever saw on a scale was 167 but I'd guess I had a couple pounds under that at some point. I was skinnier than I ever remembered being. At one point I was sucking in gut to squeeze into 36" waist jeans (the baggy ones), on the other end I was slipping in to some 30s that were pretty snug too. Now I'm a 31" or so.

Yeah buddy,
-a

robert
Site Admin

Re: Still not a blog (now with some pics)

#22 Postby robert » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:33 am

Sweet photos man!

Let's train over at Loprinzi's one of these days! Haven't seen you in quite some time! All the best man.

Aaron
Elephant

#23 Postby Aaron » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 pm

It has been a while hasn't it. I feel like a bum for never making it out to any of the ptown events.

Meanwhile on the lifting front...

105s on the incline scared a dude who wanted to challenge me to 115s on the flat bench. I declined his offer but may take it up in a week or two... he hit 4 reps.

yeah buddy.

Tasha
Stegosaurus

#24 Postby Tasha » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Great photos. Your chest and back abs, they look fantastic !!! Great job, keep it up Aaron :)
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

robert
Site Admin

#25 Postby robert » Wed May 06, 2009 2:41 am

I still have 5 paid passes for Loprinzi's.

Want to plan a workout sometime?

Aaron
Elephant

#26 Postby Aaron » Thu May 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Yeah buddy! You do splits though right? I'm a whole body each time kind of dude, although I do skip legs sometimes... I bet we could figure something out. I usually go Monday and Thursdays still.

Aaron
Elephant

#27 Postby Aaron » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Friday: Full lift routine, same weights I've been doing for a while.
Sunday: Ran 26.6 miles. 4:10 give or take a couple minutes. Did 16.2 a week prior. And 40miles total each week for the last 3 weeks prior. Didn't really plan to do the marathon... but I guess I did. Not having a gf makes more time to run it looks like...
Monday: Full lift routine, same weights, still pushin the 105s in each hand, alternating and together, 7 reps. Did some 100s for a few sets too.
Wooha. Yeah buddy.

robert
Site Admin

#28 Postby robert » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 am

Out of nowhere.......A-dogg is back!

Great seeing you around town, at the gym, etc.

Holla!

Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”